Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Second Army...
Old 11 Mar 2008, 23:31   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Second Army...

I just got my Ravenwing up to 1500 Points and now I'm looking into starting a second army.
The two main things I want it to be are aggresive and mobile (I am both a fire and air player), and I really, really hate metal models, so I'd prefer if the army didn't have many of them.
Any suggestions?
Ivellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2008, 23:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: Second Army...

Eldar/Dark Eldar are both very mobile armies, and they both back some pretty good punches...just watch out for the armor saves/strength.

Aose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2008, 23:34   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

ORKSES!!

Not only can they be the fastest army in the game, their basic troops pack a massive wallop and the entire thing is an enjoyment from beggining to end - you really will enjoy making your boyz, and you will most certainly chuckle as you play them on the table top!

Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2008, 01:01   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I won't go DE, the models are hidieous and many are metal, though I do like the Warriors, still if I ever play them it will be after model updates.

One of my friends is getting Orks and right now Orks are being bought by everyone since they are new, so I won't be going them.

I've thought about Eldar though...hmm
Ivellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2008, 01:46   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Eldar have very powerful shooting at mid range. But they are very fragile.

Mechanized Tau is also another choice. Mount your fire warriors in a Devilfish and go to town.

justinl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2008, 02:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Drop podding deathwing? Different paint scheme, different style of play, and they can be used together if you want. 1500 is kind of a low quitting point in my opinion. I usually get my armies up to about 2500 to be able to play 2k with options.
Darth_Fraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2008, 06:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivellis
I won't go DE, the models are hidieous and many are metal, though I do like the Warriors, still if I ever play them it will be after model updates.
Dont hold your breath.....

However....

Dark Eldar do offer a very fun challenge model wise (especially if you have a vendetta against metal models). Think about all the 'elf' armies you can use bitz from. High Elves just got a face lift, dark elves are amazing for DE (I swear I use more dark elf stuff than dark eldar in my army), and eldar too. Dark Eldar are a blast to play, unique and rare on the table, and even a bigger blast to create. Please do yourself a favor and go pickup the DE codex for $5. Read some amazing fluff about skinning marines alive and look at their stats. You will not be disapointed.....

[img width=407 height=650]http://i25.tinypic.com/28jcqwj.jpg[/img]
Sitarangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2008, 07:53   #8 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via MSN to Brass Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivellis
I just got my Ravenwing up to 1500 Points and now I'm looking into starting a second army.
The two main things I want it to be are aggressive and mobile (I am both a fire and air player), and I really, really hate metal models, so I'd prefer if the army didn't have many of them.
Any suggestions?
When i think aggressive and mobile, the first two armies that came to mind were eldar(both types) and mech tau, But then you think about it almost any army can be characterize with those attributes. Almost any army can be quick if it has transports and even an army without transports have some speed elements. and aggressiveness to more of a tactical choice rather than a army attribute.

Which come to plastic models over metal models. Which wipes out daemon hunters and witch hunters. The rest have pretty much a good array of platics. SO i guess what i saying is...what else do you want?
Old 12 Mar 2008, 08:12   #9 (permalink)
AC
Shas'Ui

Mech Tau come to mind. FW in DF's are very mobile & the massive numbers of S5 weaponry & the railgun make you very aggressive.

There are three things that matter in marksmanship. Location, Location, Location - Vindicare Assassin Training Dogma.

I do not know what World War Three will be fought with, but I know that World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Semper Fi
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2008, 09:05   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via AIM to YakmastermaxIG

im syaing play a suit tau army, or a pulse carbine mech tau army.

or that winghost thing that eldar have

lookds cool
"Out, out, brief candle! Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more: it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

"due to my retardivity" - myself

"never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to thier level, and beat you with experience"
YakmastermaxIG is offline   Reply With Quote