Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Baneblade? Crusader?
Old 08 Mar 2008, 21:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Baneblade? Crusader?

What would obliterate hte other, baneblade or land crusador?

Methinks baneblade

-Mike Tyson
Super heavy gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2008, 21:33   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to fat_tree
Default Re: BAne blade? crusador?

Honestly i think baneblade, But there are rules in this forums about what would beat each other and the mods always win, in a couple of days this might get locked
fat_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2008, 21:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Re: BAne blade? crusador?

The Crusader only has one weapon that can realistically beat the Baneblade, and it needs to be within 12" to use it effectively.

It has another weapon that can do the job, but it needs to be within 36". And it needs to either get lucky with a chain reaction or penetrate four times. At least.

The Baneblade, on the other hand, has the Demolisher cannon, two lascannons and let us not forget the BANEBLADE CANNON, all of which are perfectly capable of squashing a Crusader, with a range of 72" and an even more effective range of 48". It only needs penetrate once. And unlike the Crusader, it can fire all of its weapons at once.

This isn't even a discussion, dude. It's a walkover.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2008, 21:49   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Baneblade? Crusader?

Not sure there is much point in locking it. It isn't really a question designed to spark heated debate. The only way a Crusader would stand any chance at all is if it were loaded with a maxed out squad of Terminators with Chainfists.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2008, 22:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Ah yes, I forgot to take into account possible cargo.

However if we take into account that the Baneblade can wreck the Crusader at 72"... well, let's be fair. Call it 50" from the pie plate, the Terminators still have to walk that 50" from the Crusader wreck to the Baneblade, all the while the Baneblade can pie plate them, lascannon them, heavy bolter them (enough shots and they will fail saves), and when they reach halfway the 'Blade can DEMOLISHER CANNON them. Hell, even the Heavy Stubber might force some saves.

In a one on one fight on an open table of unlimited size (the best hypothetical battle really as it properly considers the range of the guns), the Crusader stands as near to zero chance as dammit, even with 7 Terminators with Chainfists within.

On a 4'x6' battlefield, if the Crusader deploys directly opposite the Baneblade, they might have a chance of reaching it.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2008, 22:22   #6 (permalink)
AC
Shas'Ui

I would say baneblade due to its weapons & structure points, but if they were close, lets just say that 8 assault terminators can make a very bad day.

There are three things that matter in marksmanship. Location, Location, Location - Vindicare Assassin Training Dogma.

I do not know what World War Three will be fought with, but I know that World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Semper Fi
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2008, 23:55   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

the baneblade would most likely blow the land raider up without even noticing it... but can´t you get two land raiders with three lascannons each for the points of one baneblade?
if the land raiders get the first turn they would stand quite a good chance of sending the bane blade to hell... or wherever it came from. i just think it is kind of unfair to compare those tanks - it is a bit like comparing a striking scorpion exarch to a space marine commander or something. they just ain´t supposed to be fighting each other on equal terms...
§PEEDFRE@K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2008, 01:56   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

2 lascannons each, only the Terminus has more than that. With 3 TL and 2 sponson.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2008, 05:19   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I would say that the baneblade would win, simply because of the amount of fire power. Even if there were 2 land raiders the baneblade could target both in 1 turn.

The baneblade has a baneblade cannon, demolisher turret and 2 lascannons which are its primary tank hunting weapons. The LRC has 2 twinlinked lascannons. The baneblade has significantly more firepower.

Quote:
Peek a boo, I steal from you. -Homer Simpson
Quote:
Ah uh ahhhhh!
Can't touch me! Can't touch me!
Ju...ju...ju...ju...just like the bad guy from Lethal Weapon 2
I've got diplomatic imunity so Hammer you can't sue...- Peter Griffin
darkblader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Mar 2008, 07:25   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I think he might be asking about the results in a fluff based combat. The way Games Workshop write their space marine fluff, it'd be easy to think a rhino could take out a baneblade with "The holy bolter".

Because, as everyone has already said, this wouldn't even be a contest considering tabletop ability.
Puppyblue is offline   Reply With Quote