Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Gorilla Tactics Gamer's Union
Old 06 Mar 2008, 01:29   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Gorilla Tactics Gamer's Union

Has anyone used them before? If you have used them, do you reccomend them? It seems like a sweet deal, but I am supicious of online sites asking for money. (Their link on TO is http://www.tauonline.org/GorillaTacticsGamersUnion.php)
Old 06 Mar 2008, 02:23   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Gorilla Tactics Gamer's Union

lol, I actually had the same thoughts. They seem real enough... I recently made a cautionary order a couple days ago. I haven't recieved my items yet, but their communication skills are great; even after paying the invoice. ;D They also have an Ebay profile, and they have a good history there. Hope this helps!
Lying in a featherbed will bring you no fame, nor staying beneath the quilt, and he who uses up his life without achieving fame leaves no more vestige of himself on Earth than smoke in the air or foam upon the water. ~Dante Alighieri

W L D
Tau 3 1 1
Space Marines 5 0 1
Tyranids 1 0 0
Dark Eldar 2 0 0
Pianoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2008, 03:39   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

There's a thread floating around here somewhere discussing them. I think I can say that the general consensus is that while they do have sweet deals, they're slow, unprofessional, and very questionable.

I would guess a 6 out of 10.

Pros:
-Great discount

Cons:
-They order from GW so they have to get it then resend
-Very slow (reason stated above)
-Mess up orders (pepsi didn't get something he ordered)
-unprofessional

>.> I know, more cons than pros, but I didn't see too many pros in the discussion. Contact pepsi though, he's had the most dealing with them. Also, search "Gorilla Tactics Gamer's Union" and see what comes up. The thread with 12 odd pages is the one you want to read.
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Mar 2008, 05:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

yeah, at this time, I would really consider asking if they have more shipping options.

while it is cheap.

I would love it, if they simply offered a priority mail option. I waited 6 weeks for one book.

and another 6 weeks for a captain (which I still have yet to get)

They are interesting in their response time, but they don't appear to have an efficient method of shipping. Due highly in part on GWs timing.

but seeing as they have other branches, and there odds and ends online with college life, I can understand why, but if I were to run a business (even part time) I would find the most efficient method to ship my product.

About gorilla tactics
"
So - as you may notice the title of our ebay store kinda says it all.

We operate out of downtown Ann Arbor michigan on University of Michigan Campus. we are a family of students and Alums there. A2 has been a great place for meeting hoby enthusiast, and gamers alike for several years now, and thus we were prompted into starting the small business on the side.

Our main objective = have fun!

so - buy + sell + trade your games here!

We offer very competative auctions, sometimes with unique or innovative style of listings. so thats where the buying part comes in. feel free to ask us about things similar to our listings...we cant possibly list all 5700+ things we carry!

We love to support you! thats right. we know that ann arbor is not the only place in the world like this. so if you have a local game group like ours; whether it is 5- or 30 people. just shoot us an email and we will see what we can do for you. Currently we support several game groups that play D&D - warhammer - board games - magic the gathering and tons more.

We also like to support other enthusist of the industry: for example, if you are a "pro-painter" and you like to paint minis such as 4k or warmachine or confrontation, then we couple help you get supplis for your side business. if you have any other great ideas along these lines - please do share them with us!

Or maybe you are a student, or one of our honored service members...let us know so we can take care of you too!

send emails to buyselltradegames@gmail.com

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/gorillatacticsgamersunion/
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Mar 2008, 03:33   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Thanks for the info. I guess they really are to good to be true. :'( Oh well.
Old 08 Mar 2008, 03:38   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

if you were to go on the logic

discount=better deal

just input

how bad you want=To the discount

What these kids are doing, is taking a base in Michigan, they invested 1900-2000$ at some point, and now have access to GW whole sale prices (not to be confused with retail prices)

The reason they can do the discount is based off the wholesale price, whatever they mark up from the wholesale price is profit by the difference.

but since it looks like they delved into further product lines to, I would only understand that their shipping is slow to start with, because the product comes to them, then when they get to it they send to you.

these guys are technically legit, its just a matter of how badly you want to wait for your products.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 22:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Hey just wanted to let everyone know that I ordered from GTGU, and I recieved my order within 3 business days... Pretty good if you ask me! ;D
Lying in a featherbed will bring you no fame, nor staying beneath the quilt, and he who uses up his life without achieving fame leaves no more vestige of himself on Earth than smoke in the air or foam upon the water. ~Dante Alighieri

W L D
Tau 3 1 1
Space Marines 5 0 1
Tyranids 1 0 0
Dark Eldar 2 0 0
Old 10 Mar 2008, 22:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

what the hell did you order?

I have yet to seen anything for weeks here.
Old 10 Mar 2008, 23:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I talked v email with one of the guys there.

They have no physical store. This is a direct violation of GW policy if the have a trade account with them. I can not see how they do not have a trade account with them considering their discounts.

I will say order now, because once GW finds out about them, they will not be around long. GW pursues these matters with a vengence. Since the do not have a store, they out right lied to GW just to get their trade account.

Also the emails I had with them were very unprofessional.
JBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2008, 01:48   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I ordered a Land Raider Crusader and a Razorback... I just placed several more orders as well. I was reading another forum, and I didn't think you HAD to have a physical store... I just thought it was strongly encouraged? Of course, I could be wrong... I really have no clue! ;D

Now I'm a little scared... I just placed a large order with them, and if for some reason they're closed down before my order ships, that's a lot of money gone... :'( Oh well, I'll hope for the best!

W L D
Tau 3 1 1
Space Marines 5 0 1
Tyranids 1 0 0
Dark Eldar 2 0 0