Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Bitz complaint letter to GW
Old 05 Mar 2008, 19:39   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Bitz complaint letter to GW

Here is a copy of a letter I have just written to GW.
Don't for a second think it will do any good but I felt justified in sending it. I understand as a business GW has to make decisions to make the business viable but this certain decision is a mistake. I myself must have spent over 2k in the past 12 months (damn you Apocalypse) and as a good customer I fell I have the right to object. Maybe they do intend to bring back bitz anyway. Who knows.

Dear Sir / Madam.

Can you please explain what has happened to the ability to be able to buy bitz from different models. I was looking to do a Farsight conversion and was hoping to purchase 2 sets of the metal parts from his kit.
After looking though other models I noticed the same there also. It seems as a customer I am no longer able to buy bitz from models separately and if I want certain bitz I now have to buy the whole model.

As a good customer I am disappointed that Games Workshop has now removed this ability. If you look at my past purchases I am sure it reaches into the thousands and I am sure I am not alone. Please be loyal to your customer base and bring back bitz.

yours faithfully

Mr Joseph Norton-Jones.
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Joey Goldcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2008, 19:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox
Default Re: Bitz complaint letter to GW

Isn't bits spelt with an "s"
Or is it some GW thing :P

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2008, 19:48   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

i think it's some GW thing to use Z in a orky way
Old 05 Mar 2008, 19:54   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

They are not completely doing away with bits ordering. The are stopping any bits ordering so that upper management can access the whole operation. They currently have hundreds of SKU's that have not sold in over 3 years.

It cost any company alot of money to have inventory just sitting around and collecting dust. That inventory has to be counted every year even though none have been sold. Incase you have not been apart of an inventory, they cost alot of money once they are finished. My accounting firm can charge up to a few thousand just for us to observe you doing your counts. And yes this is required for all GAAP Financial Statements.

On a side note:

I also wrote GW yesterday to complain about my order. I placed a large order with them so that I could get free shipping on my order but also I needed some bits and had to order then or else I would not be able to get them.

I ordered on the 12 of Feb, and they arrived on the 3rd of March. I open the box, and I find that they had shipped me some of the wrong sprues. I got nine of the correct sprue, and my tenth one was the wrong sprue. Plus my Harlie Troupe Master was missing an arm.

GW's response when I called was they will resend the troupe master, but there was nothing I could bo about the wrong sprue since there is no more bits ordering.

I ordered ten shield sprues so that all of my Vet squads could have the same shield within a squad. Kind of like a unit disignation.

So I sent GW an email on Tuesday. I have not heard back from them, and I don't really expect them to respond either.
JBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2008, 20:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

That sucks D:
Especially of they can't replace stuff..

Old 05 Mar 2008, 20:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Fair enough so bitz ordering as you say will return but atm is on halt.

In my mind they are restricting what their customers want to buy (even on a temporary basis) and no matter what reason they give that is unacceptable.

I know in my business I give my customers what they want all of the time. I sell what they want not what I want to sell.
The iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you?re a god or a total bastard. The iron will always kick you the real deal. The iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But, two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
Joey Goldcoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2008, 20:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBunny
I also wrote GW yesterday to complain about my order. I placed a large order with them so that I could get free shipping on my order but also I needed some bits and had to order then or else I would not be able to get them.

I ordered on the 12 of Feb, and they arrived on the 3rd of March. I open the box, and I find that they had shipped me some of the wrong sprues. I got nine of the correct sprue, and my tenth one was the wrong sprue. Plus my Harlie Troupe Master was missing an arm.

GW's response when I called was they will resend the troupe master, but there was nothing I could bo about the wrong sprue since there is no more bits ordering.

I ordered ten shield sprues so that all of my Vet squads could have the same shield within a squad. Kind of like a unit disignation.

So I sent GW an email on Tuesday. I have not heard back from them, and I don't really expect them to respond either.
Honestly, I'd just tell them that you are a paying customer and even though they cut off the bitz service since the time of your order, it's still their fault that you didn't get what you ordered back when you could order bitz. Thus they need to rectify the situation in some manner either by sending you the parts you ordered or refunding your money on that particular item
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2008, 20:15   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yeah, they are losing money a lot recently.
Everyone I used to play games with have gone, too expensive, and there's too many little kids there now, there used to be a veterans night at y store, until the manager left.. then it's just a late opening where all the kids come,
Our staff even complain when you want to buy something XD

Hopfully they'll bring back a lot of the stock and do well.. I wouldn't like to lose GW, but they bug me too _

Old 05 Mar 2008, 20:20   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to fat_tree

What a great idea joey goldcoast i hope you win against them like how Timjim won against photobucket
fat_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Mar 2008, 20:28   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

;D Hehehehe, screw you photobucket!

But that was just one picture :P This is an entire line of production D: