Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

School league report (England (Pic link heavy)
Old 03 Mar 2008, 22:28   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default School league report (England (Pic link heavy)

Our team entered the school league (in England) for the second time this year. As we are situated in the midlands we got to play our games at 'Warhammer World Nottingham'. ;D
The school league, for those of you who don't know, is a free competition in which you can enter any number of teams (of 4) into any of the three major systems (40k, fantasy and lotr, we went 40k one team). It uses the combat patrol rules, so you play three games which aren't in quick succession.

I took pictures (not great quality ones mind you :P) of all of my games so I'll post them up here with a report of how each battle went.

First though my army:
16 fire warriors (2 squads of 8)
Sniper team
X3 xv8 crisis suits (each as a single squad) with TA and twin linked missle pods.

Battle 1: Tau vs Chaos undivided.

The game was patrol clash
My opponents army consisted of:
rhino with 10 marines in it (1 with flamer rest close combat weapon and pistols)
5 havocs (2 heavy bolters)
5 havocs (2 heavy bolters)

It began with deployment, and to be honest it was an odd deployment considering he was playing against tau.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/101_0006.jpg
I had all my fire warriors and sniper team behind a barricade and then the three suits behind a wood.

Turn 1
I won first turn, which involved my crisis suits jumping out from behind some woods and shooting that rhino which was right in the open.
I finally managed to get a penetrating on the third salvo and got a six on the table. The resulting explosion took two of the 10 chaos marines and they were entangled for a turn. perfect
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/101_0013.jpg

I then went for the havocs, who he had placed on top of a landing pad in full view of my entire army ???
I fired all three drones at one squad and managed to kill one, having already missed with my markerlight. I then fired all 16 fire warriors at this squad but only another two fell to the hail of fire, and being chaos marines they didn't get pinned or run away either.

Now it was his go, he couldn't do anything with his reaming 8 marines from the rhino so he went straight onto shooting. four heavy bolter shoots at one squad of fire warriors :-[, luckily only three died because i was behind a wall but i still managed to run away to hopefully rally when my turn came.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/101_0015.jpg

Turn 2
I started my shooting from the other table edge this turn and began with my sniper team. I managed to hit with my markelight for once, which enabled all three rail rifles to hit, killing three marines from the other havoc squad. I then fired 8 fire warriors at the two remaining havocs, armed with heavy bolters and finished them off. The fire warriors that had run away rallied but did no further actions that turn. My crisis suits fired all of their missles at the eight remaining marines from the wreckage, reducing their number to 6.
At the end of this turn he managed to roll double 6 for leadership of the last havoc squad, and as they were below half strength they were as good as gone.

His turn. He only had 6 marines left, in the middle of an open bored at least 24" away from the nearest unit. So he started his long march towards the closest fire warriors.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/101_0020.jpg

Turn 3
The other squad of fire warriors could shoot this turn so i had 6 missle pods, 13 pulse rifles, and 3 rail rifles (with the markerlight bonus) all at the remaining 6 marines. you can guess what happened >

result: WIN

My other 3 teammates all one their games except one who lost, but later on we found out the army he faced was illegal so he then won by default ;D

They then gave us a three hour lunch break ??? so i joined up with another player from another team for a friendly against my two chaos teammates.

Battle 2: Tau and Blood angels vs Death guard and Thousand sons

My allies army contained:
6 assault marines (one with a plasma pistol rest normally armed)
3 death guard
Chaplin

We were facing:
army 1:
Deathguard x 7 (1 plague champion with power sword and a plasma gun)
Deathguard x 7 (1 plague champion with power sword and a flamer)
army 2:
6 Chaos Marines with Rhino,
7 Thousand Sons (1 Aspiring sorcerer with Gift of Chaos and a Rhino)

Deployment: The blood angels started as far forward as they could behind a forest, where i also added a crisis suit for abit of fire support. I had one squad of tau protecting the right flank, whilst the sniper team and other squad set up in some ruins. The remaining two crisis suits went behind a forest on the left side, opposite one of the rhinos.

They had both rhinos to the left of the board, but one was partially obscured by a hill. All of the death guard set up in two neat rows about 8" behind the hill.

Turn 1
Our side won priority, so i started with moving two crisis suits out of cover so they could see the Thousand sons rhino. The death company and assault marines jumped 12" behind another wood with my crisis suit following. The fire warriors on the right side started moving forward, unfortunately being unable to see anything.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/101_0031.jpg

I started shooting with the two missle pods at the thousand sons rhino and got a penetrating hit followed by a six on the table ;D. In the resulting explosion none of the thousand sons died but the squad was luckily entangled.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/101_0032.jpg

The fire warriors and sniper team opened fire at the nearest death guard killing of three of them (i hate feel no pain).
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/101_0034.jpg

Their turn. The thousand sons couldn't do anything but the other rhino moved towards where the death company and assault marines were going to appear from. The death company moved forward ready to take the brunt of the oncoming charge.

Turn 2
I started of with again moving my two crisis suits, on the left flank, so they had line of sight of the second rhino. The fire warriors on the right moved forward again, still with the whole battle hidden by trees. All of the blood angels surged forward within 2" of the closest death guard unit. I fired my two crisis suit at the last rhino, only wrecking it, but successfully entangling the chaos marines inside it. The sniper team and fire warriors both took target priority tests and fired at the furthest death guard, but only killing one between them all(HATE 'feel no pain&#39.
All of the blood angels fired, at the death guard with only 4 left, with none wounding and the plasma pistol overheating and killing the assault marine carrying it.
They all then charged the unit successfully wiping them out and consolidated with the death company into the next death guard squad, and the assault marines only moving 1" towards them as well.

Their turn. The thousand sons could finally move and thanks to their slow and purposeful, they opened fire at the assault marines killing one. as the other normal marines were still entangled it wen straight to assault. The death company and Chaplin only killed two of the death guard, so the turn ended with a pile-in as the death guard failed to cause any wounds, but being fearless it didn't matter that they lost combat.

Turn 3
I started with moving all of my crisis into line of sight of the thousand sons. The fire warriors on the left flank could finally see the battle, but as they moved they weren't in range of anything. The sniper team and other fie warrior squad maneuvered out of the ruins, setting themselves up for the aftermath of combat.
6 missle pod shots all into the thousand sons resulted in three dead.
The remaining 4 assault marines charged into combat against the death guard, hoping to finish them of this turn. The combat ended up with all except one death guard being killed and one death company being killed in response. But as the death guard was fearless and survived all of its wounds for not running away, it was pile-in..

Their turn. The thousand son now moved into assault range, as well as the chaos marine squad. It went straight to combat, With the Chaplin killing 3 chaos marines, the death company killing the last death guard and the assault marines killing one more chaos marine. Unfortunately as alot of this was striking simultaneously, all of the assault marines were wiped out as long with the death company and Chaplin. The remaining chaos marines and thousand sons consolidated 2" towards the hill, thus ending their turn.

Turn 4
As the blood angels player was wiped out it was up to me to win. All i had to do was kill 5 chaos marines of tow different types, with my whole army (who were all in range and had line of sight), having not lost a single model. I love it when this happens. I can truthfully say all that would be left of those 5 would be a crater in the ground.

As this was a friendly it didn't count for anything, but it was the most fun game of the day.

Battle 3 Tau vs Tau
Was facing a fellow Tau army for this game, with the scenario being seize and hold.
His models in his army.
piranha (with burst cannon)
6 (maybe more) vespid
10 kroot
a random number of fire warriors, can't remember exact amount but had 1 gun drone and one fire warrior with a pulse carbine the rest pulse rifles.

It started with deployment, which again he set up quite oddly considering he had kroot, and there was a wood right next to the objective. I even mentioned this to him but he said he wanted them in the open ??? The vespid started in a wood on the left side and the fire warriors in a wood on the right.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/101_0035.jpg

I set up two suits on the left side, opposite the vespid, behind a wood which a squad of fire warriors where in. The other fire warriors went straight in the middle behind the objective and the sniper team started in a woods opposite the fire warriors, with the remaining crisis suit.

Turn 1
I won priority again, so i moved my suits through the woods into line of sight of the kroot, vespid and piranha. the other suit did the same thing on his side, moving into line of site of the fire warriors.
My fire warrior squad in the middle moved forward to claim the objective.
I shot with my first suit at the piranha and got a penetrating hit.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/101_0039.jpg
I managed to roll a 5, but cause it was open topped it became a 6. Unfortunately he kroot squad was right next to the piranha and 5 died.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/101_0040.jpg

The other suit killed two of the vespid hiding in the woods, and the fire warriors killed the rest except for the strain leader, who then ran off the bored.
I then shot at the other fire warriors with both the crisis suit and sniper team killing 3 of them.

His turn. He moved his kroot forward towards the objective and also moved his fire warrior squad out of the woods He shot the two carbines at the suit i left in the open for him, as i was feeling abit sorry for him, but failed to wound it.

Turn 2
I shot with the fire warrior squad, in the woods on the left, at the kroot finishing them off. The two crisis suits then moved to the objective along with the other fire warrior squad.
I shot at his fire warrior squad again leaving only 3 remaining.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/101_0042.jpg

His turn. This time he didn't move his fire warriors at all and could only hit with the two pulse carbines, which both failed to wound.

Turn 3
I finished it off quickly with going straight into the shooting phase and killing his fire warriors with the rail rifles.

I felt really guilty after this game though, as i was only playing a 11 yr old killed and he stayed quiet throughout the whole game. :-[
The other three people in my team one as well so we were on 8 wins and no losses.

Battle 4 Tau vs Tyranids
This game was patrol cash again.
His army:
3 warriors (2 deathspitters 1 venom cannon)
3 warriors (1 deathspitter 1 venom cannon)
to many termagaunts
6 genestealers

He deployed his genestealers and warriors behind a small wood in the center of the board and his termagaunts went behind a large wood on the right of the board.
I had two suits behind a wood on the left of the board, A squad of fire warriors and a sniper team in ruins in the middle of the board and a suit and fire warriors on the right in some woods.

Turn 1
He won first turn which put all of his warriors to the far edge of the woods they were behind, same with the genestealers. The termagaunts managed to make it just under half way into their woods.
He fired all of his warriors at the fire warrior squad in the middle, successfully wiping it out :'(
He then only managed to roll 2" and 1" for his fleet of claw so he was still a long way away.

my turn. I opened up with all three suits at one warrior squad killing two and leaving the last one one wound. The sniper team then fire at the other squad killing one and taking one down to one wound. The remaining fire warriors all fired at the termagaunts who they could just see and killed 6.

Turn 2

He moved forward 3" with the genestealers because of difficult terrain (and yes he did roll 3d6), and the termagaunts only just got to the edge of the woods. The remaining warriors moved forward, with the single one failing to hit, and the two managing to kill 2 fire warriors in the woods on the right. He then fleet of clawed but, thankfully, he only got 3" and 4" so he was out of charge range with everything.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/101_0046.jpg

My turn. I moved my fire warriors, in the woods on the right, out of the terrain into rapid fire range of the termagaunts.
The 1st crisis suit then opened fire on the single warrior finishing it off, with the sniper team blowing up the other two. This left the last two crisis suits to shoot the genestealers.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...e/101_0047.jpg

The rapid firing tau fire warriors killed of 9 of the termagaunts, who then turned and ran away at the end of this turn. The crisis suits left two genestealers who couldn't really charge anything unless i was really unlucky.

Turn 3
He moved forward with the genestealers, but failed to get in assault range even with fleet. The termagaunts also carried on running away.

My turn. I started with the snipers killing the last two genestealers and finished with my crisis suits taking potshots at the fleeing termagaunts and destroying them.

result:WIN

Also the rest of my team had got all wins as well, so it was 12/12. This isn't a definite win though as you also get marks on your painting (which wasn't hard compared to some of the models there) and if you had based your models (which i had forced everyone on my team to do)

we waited for everyone else to finish their games, and then waited for the results. The other main contenders here was the school that had managed to get 2nd nationally last year, whilst we had only managed to get 3rd regionally. And guess what....

WE WON WOOOOO sorry :P
we got a perfect score, so we get school league championship t shirts which we have to wear for the national finals on the 2nd of July.

It will probably be alot tougher at the nationals than at the regional and also the standard of painting and game play will be better so we are going to be going through all are armies asap ;D
Old 03 Mar 2008, 22:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox
Default Re: School league report (England (Pic link heavy)

Awesome, I remember when I was at school and had a dream to get the club their together and go.. but man they all sucked.. including the people who ran it.. none of them ever had a chance of winning...so I gave up.. and then finished school..

Anyway well done and good luck in the final! We'll be waiting to hear

I will comment more once I've read it properly

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2008, 22:46   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I was another member of this school league team, also playing tau with a very similar list to what Madmonkeyrtu had, apart from I only had a single squad of 8 Fire Warriors and I had 3 stealth suits.

1st skirmish (was my worst) against Space marines

I had ruins on my left and centre to deploy in and put Sniper drone team in the one on the left and the Fire warriors in the centre with my stealth suits infiltrating ahead and my crisis suits jumping about behind the fire warrior ruins. My opponent infiltrated 10 close combat marines 12" away from the snipers as there was more than 6" between them, and started another squad of about 5 normal marines dead centre, 12" from his edge.

First turn: I kill all but one of the members of the normal squad and he kills himself by overheating his plasma gun. The 10 man infiltrating squad starts to work its way through terrain.

Second turn: Opponent still cant get into assault range of the sniper team, and i leave them there to act as bait. I position my army so that fire warriors get rapidfire after the assault and consolidation of the marines.

Third turn: Still haven't reached. I stay still

Fourth: He assaults, and the spotter survives, before retreating and pegging it off the board edge. He consolidates but to no avail.

Fith: I open up with all guns and kill 8 space marines. The last two retreat.

Sixth: They rally and charge the fire warriors which were giving chase (bad move by me) and i manage to kill the last 2 after he kills 6 of my warriors in close combat. They stuck simultaneously due to cover and i manages to kill two from 8 warriors. My lucky day i suppose

2nd skirmish: (most -what the hell are you doing?-) against deamonhunters

I had never met daemon hunters before so i was rusty, but i knew enough. Simple take and hold objective was a ruin in the centre. I had another ruin on my side as did he. obstacles scattered around the edges, mainly impassable. I deploy fire warriors in my barricade area (ruin) expecting a grey knight deep strike. stealth team ahead, suits to flank and snipers behind fire warriors. he deploys 6 Grey knights . . . HQ unit which he didn't know the name of, 10 storm troopers and 2 models which I dont know the name of.

1st turn: Fire warriors out of range, but the stealth team and suits combines together to kill the 2 unknowns and 3 stormtroopers. He moves towards the ruin. no sooting. nothing.

2nd turn: I move towards the ruin with my warriors. i kill 2 Grey knights and 5 storm troopers. The stormtroopers run. He moves. nothing else.

3rd turn: I stop my sniper team and kill 3 grey knight with them. the suit on its own takes a wound off the commander and the other two suits kill the grey knights. his turn. he moves and tried to shoot my fire warriors. he kills none.

4th turn. rapid firing fire warriors. most hit, few wound, all saved. lucky commander. rest of army shoot and kill him. I have 400pts on the objective and he has . . . none.

3rd skirmish: (most -embarrassing for the other player-) against Imperial guard:

This was against a small child who looked at me as if he didn't know what he was doing. He really didn't know what he was doing. Terrain was set up as only a few forests dotted around my side and a large wide ruin 15" from his table edge. he has 2x10 guardsmen and 2x6 + heavy weapon guardsmen (one heavy bolter and one autocannon). this is going to be interesting i thought. I deployed as usual, preparing for his possible first turn and then i noticed his deployment. Everything was behind the ruins and nothing was going to flank. kewl by me, i assumes he was going to take the ruin

turn 1: His first turn . . he doesn't move and attempts to shoot me through terrain. I don't allow it. I use 9 burst cannon shots to make a guardsman squad run and use my sniper drones to pin another. Fire warriors move forwards.

Turn 2: He tries to soot my stealth suits but inst in visual range, and does still not move into ruins. My fire warriors reach the ruins in front of him and get in. The suits flank him and i kill the rest of his models.

Turn 3-6: telling the kid how to play Warhammer 40k.

Now's a chance to say hi, I'm hoping to join this forum community
Nukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Mar 2008, 22:52   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

DAm you had some strange people as opponents.. with very strange tactics 0_o

You've inspired me to finish my army and start going to tournaments again

And Hi Nukey ;D

Old 04 Mar 2008, 06:56   #5 (permalink)
AC
Shas'Ui

Yeah, those battles are even stranger than the ones I played at my school.

There are three things that matter in marksmanship. Location, Location, Location - Vindicare Assassin Training Dogma.

I do not know what World War Three will be fought with, but I know that World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Semper Fi
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2008, 07:34   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Why, hello :funny:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukey

I had never met daemon hunters before so i was rusty, but i knew enough. Simple take and hold objective was a ruin in the centre. I had another ruin on my side as did he. obstacles scattered around the edges, mainly impassable. I deploy fire warriors in my barricade area (ruin) expecting a grey knight deep strike. stealth team ahead, suits to flank and snipers behind fire warriors. he deploys 6 Grey knights . . . HQ unit which he didn't know the name of, 10 storm troopers and 2 models which I dont know the name of.
that smells of cheating to me :shifty: (your opponent that is, not you :P)

this is a FULL list of the models a daemonhunter can use in a patrol game:

HQ - none, they either have 3 wounds or a 2+save.

Elites - Death Cult Assassins, callidus/eversor/vindicare/culexus assassins, inquisitor

Troops - Grey Knights, stormtroopers (inducted guard or marines)

fast attack - Grey knights (or assault squad/land speeders/rough riders/sentinels)

heavy support - orbital strike (or devi squad)

i'm assuming the "unknown" models were assassins and his "HQ" was an elite inquisitor

but well done on your wins 8)
Old 04 Mar 2008, 16:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

i went to the school league this year.

i lost games 2 and 3, then won game 3.

my army was three pirhanas, a devilfish and 7 firewarriors, all with various equipment.

1st game was against a space marine player who had to change his army at the last minute (no ordnance allowed, but he brought a whirlwind). somehow he destroyed 2 of my pirhanas, and his marines just wouldnt die. in the end i had lost just the 2 pirhanas, but his marines just wouldnt die. all i killed was 1 of his 2 landspeeders, and half a tactical squad.

2nd game was all my fault. it was sieze and hold against chaos (the same one Madmonkeyrtu had for game 1), and somebody told me midway through the game what i should have read before: vehicles cant take the objective. by this time it was chaos turn 3, and he was in charge range of my firewarriors, my only scoring unit. as you can imagine, i couldnt kill all the chaos and the objectiv was his.

3rd game, oddly, was against the same player Madmonkeyrtu had for his 3rd game. still it was an easy game as he needed 6's to damage my tanks for most of his guns (as i never showed the s5 guns my rear armour). he was dead by turn 4

by the way Madmonkeyrtu, was your game game four opponent in a maroon shool polo shirt? if so then he was from my school, if not then your foe's 'nids were very similar to my friends
mabbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 Mar 2008, 16:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Magnifico
Quote:
Why, hello :funny:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukey

that smells of cheating to me :shifty: (your opponent that is, not you :P)

this is a FULL list of the models a daemonhunter can use in a patrol game:

HQ - none, they either have 3 wounds or a 2+save.

Elites - Death Cult Assassins, callidus/eversor/vindicare/culexus assassins, inquisitor

Troops - Grey Knights, stormtroopers (inducted guard or marines)

fast attack - Grey knights (or assault squad/land speeders/rough riders/sentinels)

heavy support - orbital strike (or devi squad)

i'm assuming the "unknown" models were assassins and his "HQ" was an elite inquisitor

but well done on your wins 8)
I don't think you can have the orbital strike as it's an ordnance weapon..

And I can see you all being tournament players one day