Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Odd tank shock scenarios
Reply
Old 02 Mar 2008, 02:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,345
Default Odd tank shock scenarios

Me and my friends where having a discussion because my friend plays necrons and we came up with these questions:

1) Since the Lord can come back (or infact anything such as someone with Bionics), if it does Death or Glory when being Tank Shocked and dies, does it come back under the tank? We thought if it does, the crew should flee for their lives as the robot they just ran over just peeled through the floor... :sadnshocked: Or throw tank shells at its head.

2) The rules for a monolith states that ANY units must move out of the way if it Deep Strikes into a unit. What happens if this is a super heavy in Apocolypse?
__________________


-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2008, 03:07   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,961
Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Re: Odd tank shock scenarios

1) I would say it does not, as it CANNOT be there, as per the rules. It would appear 1" away from the Vehicle, which is stupid but it is the way it must be done RAW. RAI it would probably stay dead.

2) RAW, yes, the superheavy would move. Intended, I think the Monolith should Die. Die die die and stay dead!
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2008, 08:14   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,958
Default Re: Odd tank shock scenarios

Doesn't the rulebook make it clear that a failed death or glory attempt results in a completely dead model with no way whatsoever to bring him back on the table?

"the model is killed regardless of Wounds or armour (invulnerable or not), or any other cunning way of staying alive they can think of."
knightperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2008, 09:24   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: On the Midnight Ocean
Posts: 26,404
Send a message via MSN to Wargamer
Default Re: Odd tank shock scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Solar
1) Since the Lord can come back (or infact anything such as someone with Bionics), if it does Death or Glory when being Tank Shocked and dies, does it come back under the tank? We thought if it does, the crew should flee for their lives as the robot they just ran over just peeled through the floor... :sadnshocked: Or throw tank shells at its head.
The model is dead; Bionics cannot save you from 70 tonnes of tank!

Quote:
2) The rules for a monolith states that ANY units must move out of the way if it Deep Strikes into a unit. What happens if this is a super heavy in Apocolypse?
The Monolith is destroyed.

Remember, that rule was written assuming there are no Super Heavy vehicles in the game. As similar rules exist in Apocalypse, and they state scattering into a Super Heavy kills you (Trygon, I believe), the Monolith is wasted when this happens.
__________________
Farewell, Kangaroo Joe, you shall not be forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Mar 2008, 14:22   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,345
Default Re: Odd tank shock scenarios

Ah... Thank you! This really helps. I get it now.
__________________


-By Timjim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord-General Thunder
If you want durability, you play Space Marines. If you want strength, you play Tyranids.

If you want to dump firepower into your enemy until not even dental records will be enough to identify them, you play Imperial Guard.
Dan_teal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tank Shock Stan General 40K 2 06 May 2008 17:07
Eldar Tank Problems - Tank Shock Faolin Tau 21 09 Apr 2008 03:11
Tank shock and no where to go... Gamekanik General 40K 22 04 Jan 2008 14:06
When to tank-shock? stealth_cat_xv88 General 40K 22 16 Jul 2005 23:37
tank shock ? frankthetank Tau 28 15 May 2005 18:03