Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

how to beat tyranids
Old 27 Feb 2008, 00:23   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Purge
Default how to beat tyranids

wow..... i used to always beat my older brothers tyranids up and down the field ;D but now im finding myself getting owned ever since a friend of mine decided to play them :sadnshocked: i need a way to counter geanstealers, if you have a tip please share, and any other tips regarding tyranids are also welcome. thank you :funny:
As Thule glanced out on the ruins, his heart fell. The dead were many, and yet they had given freedom to their brothers, bitter sweet freedom that was as much a curse as it was a blessing but yet freedom. Being of the highest price freedom had meant exile from the imperium but the Sons of Nocturne remained loyal to the emperor and only his light guided them through.
Purge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 00:39   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: how to beat tyranids

As previously mentioned, assault cannons > Genestealers.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 00:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

attack from seven different directions with enough of an effect to hurt the swarm.

the disadvantage of a synapse is, is that you cant attack everywhere at once, unless the synapse is of course spread out along a nice wide area.

However, despite that, you will ultimately force a splitting of a tyranid swarm that is easier to handle in bits.

but if your boring, get big guns like the whirlwind, or vindicator and fry every bug under the sun.

Tau rail gun submunitions have helped me more ways then one, just work on your accuracy if your playing marines.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 07:24   #4 (permalink)
AC
Shas'Ui

Bolters will destroy them quickly as will whirlwind or Land Raider Crusader.

There are three things that matter in marksmanship. Location, Location, Location - Vindicare Assassin Training Dogma.

I do not know what World War Three will be fought with, but I know that World War Four will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein

Semper Fi
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 07:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

If you`re having problems with Stealers wait till they come with a Nidzilla horde....

But, yeah, as a marine, a couple of Heavy Bolters (since most of them will have extended Carapace), a Whirlwind, Assault Cannons and regular small arms should do the trick. Just stay away from CC!

Maybe you should give us a short list of stuff you have....
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2008, 00:45   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

whao, a tau player told me to work on my accuracy, thats one of the funniest things ive heard in a while, have you compared the ballistice skill for a marine vs. a fire warrior lately?
As Thule glanced out on the ruins, his heart fell. The dead were many, and yet they had given freedom to their brothers, bitter sweet freedom that was as much a curse as it was a blessing but yet freedom. Being of the highest price freedom had meant exile from the imperium but the Sons of Nocturne remained loyal to the emperor and only his light guided them through.
Old 29 Feb 2008, 03:13   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

railgun submunitions don't scatter, as a opposed to most of your weapons that do.

now go and die under your plasma allergy, loyalist (chaotic) scum (conflictive hippocracy here)
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2008, 07:25   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffpuppy
whao, a tau player told me to work on my accuracy, thats one of the funniest things ive heard in a while, have you compared the ballistice skill for a marine vs. a fire warrior lately?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi
railgun submunitions don't scatter, as a opposed to most of your weapons that do.

now go and die under your plasma allergy, loyalist (chaotic) scum (conflictive hippocracy here)
Guys, I`ve got an idea - let`s totally NOT turn this thread into a flame-fest, shall we?

Just a quick addendum regarding the accuracy of Tau: While "normal" Firewarriors seem to be lacking, there ARE Markerlights; furthermore, my Elites NEVER leave home without BS4 TL weaponry - that`s about the maximum of accuracy you can realistically achieve. So, on average, Tau accuracy is about the same as Marine accuracy.

Back on topic: Have you had a game against Nids in the meantime? How did it go?

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Feb 2008, 13:54   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

When it comes to killing geanstealers the Railgun and it's submissions work great when I play my Tau. When I field my Marines I use Assult Cannons and rapid fire the heck out of my bolters before they charge.

My reason for Rapid firing with the marines is because the geanstealers have a higher initiative at (6). So my Idea is to get them down to 2 or 3 before they hit the lines. That way, you will have a good chance of coming out of CC alive and still have a decent squad size left.

No Aun'shi, we will not be naming our new Sept the "Masters of Disaster" in honor of the Space Marines!

Only the dead have seen the end of war.
dr.who79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Mar 2008, 01:17   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i never meant that last comment as an insult. no hard feelings?
and thanks for the advice guys, i will definatley add more assault cannons to my army, maybe even a crusader