Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Centaurus Online Campaign Unveiled!
Old 25 Feb 2008, 03:56   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Centaurus Online Campaign Unveiled!

Note: I was referred to this site from Warseer, and have heard great praise from other admins as well. As a former warhammer fantasy admin for four years, I'm not as entrenched in the 40k community and am hoping to garner the support of as many "main" 40k sites as possible for this project. Cheers!

Deep in the forgotten eastern fringes of the galaxy, a massive threat nears in the Centaurus Arm. This July, 40K players all over the world are invited to participate in the Centaurus Campaign, an independent online 40K campaign that will operate in similar fashion to GW-scale events. All factions will be open to participate, and the pertinent details of events leading up to the campaign and the plot for each army will be slowly revealed over the next few months.

The campaign will use a phpBB framework, and will have a uniquely created PHP program to handle the campaign so people can register on the site to report battles, post in the forums, etc. The coded campaign system is based on three years of work over at Ulthuan.net and their online campaigns. People will be able to play games of 40k, apocalypse, Epic, and BFG and post them to the campaign that will span over several systems.

Although there's not much up now, you can go to the campaign website and see the about page.

For those interested in unraveling a mystery, a communication beacon deep in the Centaurus Arm has intercepted a transmission. Their servitors are working on decoding the transmission. Perhaps you can jump into the source and decode it before the servitors finishe? The transmission contains vital information pertaining to the plot of the campaign.

Updates will continue to flow through, and watch for plot updates!
TimmyMWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2008, 05:17   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky
Default Re: Centaurus Online Campaign Unveiled!

Hm. Sounds like an interesting campaign. Nice little website, too. I'll definitely be keeping tabs on this.

Best of luck,

-Grandpa Ducky

P.S. You did get TO or FT's permission to promote your stuff here, right? If not, either of them a PM just to make sure everything's all right.

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Feb 2008, 12:03   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

I dropped a PM to make sure it was okay.

Also, if any of you are interested in helping to flesh out the Tau backstory and campaign role, feel free to PM me here or email me at RoyersT@gmail.com. I'd love the help!

Cheers,

Tim
Old 25 Feb 2008, 15:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Thank you much for the offer, but I'm unfortunately a Tau-hating git.

If you'd like some help with anything Ork, on the other hand...

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2008, 04:02   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

You can have my back story for the Tau for the campaign....

The Tau were a minor menace at the beginning of the campaign, before getting utterly annihilated by the Black Templar Marshal and his Crusade.

Sounds interesting though... might have to try to promote it here.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2008, 04:19   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Sounds good
looks like the great devourer will get to eat another system (insert evil laugh here)

(> &lt him achieve world domination

Gaunts may not cling to the Hive Tyrant for protection while claiming to be a bio-morph.

"98% of Teenagers have tried smoking pot OR drinking. If you've tried one of these and loved it, copy this into your signature"

Ever wanna be a Vampire Now you can click on link go you know you want to
http://s7.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=96862

to help progress the glory of the nids
Bachinfex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 05:46   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Yay! This'll be great!

Anyone else going in for this?
Tybalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2008, 17:27   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Glad to hear the support everyone. As was mentioned in an above post, the main force in this campaign has been essentially revealed since the transmission has been decoded by someone over at Warseer.

A new clue will be given soon, but as the conflict becomes clearer in focus, I'd hope to hear some great suggestions for how the Tau can get involved. The Centaurus arm is somewhat in the Tau's backyard, but with their limited travel capabilities I'm wondering if they could even get over there.

-Tim
Old 28 Feb 2008, 05:28   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Don't know if/how much I'll be able to participate, but I'll definitely keep tabs on the campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ducky
If you'd like some help with anything Ork, on the other hand...
I'm pretty sure he was asking for help on Orks in the Warseer forums.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 10:47   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Any help is greatly appreciated . The new clue deals specifically with Tau, and it has already been cracked on a couple sites. I'm curious to hear everyone's thoughts here...