Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Arena of Death Squad
Closed Thread
Old 12 Apr 2005, 17:31   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Arena of Death Squad

Entries
42 - Crisis Team-Shas'vre (Twin-Linked Plasma Rifle, Flamer, Hard-Wired Multi-Tracker), Shas'Ui (Plasma Rifle, Flamer, Multi-Tracker), Shas'Ui (Plasma Rifle, Flamer, Multi-Tracker)

Rezgal - Wraithguard-Warlock (Shuriken Pistol, Witchblade, Enhance), 4 Wraithcannon

Mudvayne Thug - Wraiths-3 Wraiths

Dubomonster - Incubi-8 Punishers, 8 Tormentor Helms

Fish Ead - Madboyz-Pigdok (Slugga, Choppa, 3 Styboyz, Flash Furs), 20 Sluggas, 20 Choppas

Grey Area - Grey Hunters, 'Hrothgar's Pack'-8 Bolters, 7 CCWs, 1 Plasma Pistol, 1 Power Fist, 1 Power Weapon

Pontus - Sisters of Battle-14 Bolters, Flamer, Heavy Flamer

Zeratul - Tactical Squad, 'Death Bolters'-Veteran Sergeant (Bolter), 7 Bolters, Plasma Gun, Plasma Cannon

Setup:
Fish Ead and the Madboyz vs Zeratul and the 'Death Bolters'
42 and the Crisis Team vs Dubomonster and the Incubi
Rezgal and the Wraithguard vs Mudvayne Thug and the Wraiths
Grey Area and 'Hrothgar's Pack' vs Pontus and the Sisters of Battle

Fish Ead vs Zeratul
The Madboyz came screaming over the ridge, several of them, having paused at the top to ponder upon the meaning of life, being blasted apart by the concentrated Bolter fire from the Space Marines in the dust below, the barrels chattering as they spat forth death. Ordering his plasma sharpshooters forwards, the sergeant directed their fire at the centre of the unruly mob of Orks as the Greenskins' bullets threw up clouds of sand, watching in dismay as the streak of green fire from the energised cannon hit a wall of rock and the plasma gun's cell pulsated, eventually blowing up in the Marine's hands as he was preparing to throw it away from himself.

The remaining Orks hit them like an avalanche, one with a giant syringe in one hand, a menacing axe in the other and a swarm of slaves at its feet taking down a Marine in one sweep that didn't so much decapitate the soldier, but bludgeon them. The rest of the monsters began foaming at the mouth, their eyes glowing a disturbing yellow. Some of them exploded at the slightest touch, showering blood everywhere, others going into a violent frenzy and slaughtering many of the humans before the Marines could react.

The sergeant ordered his men to withdraw, surprised to see only 2 left - the rest lay dead beneath the vile and savage Orks. The beasts had descended into an even more bestial fury, ripping the flesh from his dead battle-brothers with their teeth and devouring it, but while they were busy he and his remaining men used their time to blast at the savages, an explosion of green fire in their midst instantly vapourising one Ork, a bolt of burning orange flame scorching another beyond recognition of species.

Finally noticing that they were being fired upon again, the Orks shot back with unnatural accuracy for their kind, two bullets finding their way towards the sergeant's two brethren and blowing apart their skulls. It was only a few seconds before the beasts were upon him, ripping him limb from limb and waving the grisly tokens above their heads, howling at their victory before a wave of flame passed over them and incinerated them.

Victory to Fish Ead and the Madboyz.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 18:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah
Default Re: Arena of Death Squad

Well. Sub Zero can I enter in my guys for the next areas now?

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 12 Apr 2005, 19:55   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Not until this one's finished.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 20:24   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah

Oh well, GJ Fish Ead

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 13 Apr 2005, 01:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I think I have a good chance against everything except the Incubi and the Madboyz. Incubi slaughter Marines like nothing else, I doubt I'd even get to make a single assault attack against them. The Madboyz have choppas and huge weight of numbers.

If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

[i]All statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

- A public service clarification by the Sri Syadasti School of Spiritual Wisdom
Old 13 Apr 2005, 02:57   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

WAAAGH!!!! O0

The things im most worried about are the sisters and that crisis unit (flamers are painful and the sisters have numbers AND bolters with some flame weapons tossed in. Those 2 might give my boyz some real trouble. But i know from experiance not to get overconfident, so ill just see how things go and remain cautiously optimistic
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Old 13 Apr 2005, 17:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

42 vs Dubomonster
The Shas'Vre waited cautiously while the dark-armoured warriors advanced, eviscerating the Gue'Vesa while the hapless Gue'La blasted away with their laser weapons. Pausing as the last of the Gue'La fell to the blades of the mysterious foe, he jumped from the jungle canopy, his two squad members follwing him as the trio fell upon the unexpecting creatures, rounds of plasma frying them within their armour and jets of flame incinerating the shadowy soldiers. A great pyre and a plume of smoke extended into the sky, a mix of crackling plasma and sizzling flame that the Shas'Vre was confident noone could have survived the intense barrage of fire.

Turning to make his way back to the rest of his men, his sensors detected movement behind him and as he sluggishly turned to face the source a hail of crystalline shards flew at one of the mssive Crisis suits, shattering the optical lenses in their helmet and killing them, the great suit toppling backwards and snapping several vines as it fell. As he finished turning, the Shas'Vre saw a terrifying visage that nearly had him paralyzed with fear and awe.

A sole warrior from the group he and his men had slaughtered just moments before stood before him. Grasping their jet black blade with twisted and burnt hands, snarling like a wild animal, the humanoid stood, seemingly with wings of fire that protruded from his back. Half his helmet was melted, having fused to his neck and parts of his head, showing a scorched face with rows of sharpened teeth and hate-filled eyes that seemed to burn right into the Tau soldier's mind. Before he had any more time to cast his eyes over the half-dead monster, the beast was upon him, the wings which had seemed to be just a trick of the wind and the flames beating ferociously and burning his armour. Stumbing backwards, he closed his eyes only for a second and felt a searing pain pass over him, in addition to a scream and the pressure of the wings being released. Opening them again, he saw the creature bathing in flames and sparking with blue lightning, completely lifeless.

Victory to 42 and the Crisis Team
Old 13 Apr 2005, 22:58   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I love these arenas, I can't wait for the next one.
For those of us not paying attention, where can we find the rules and limits for the squad arena ?
In some of my posts I may mention my feelings, opinions, and/or some facts about various armies. These comments are in no way meant to hurt or insult any quality players, with well planned (sometimes painted) armies. The quality of "Cheese" is limited to the specific individual and can only be enhanced/diminished by any imbalance due to game design, codex creep, or by not having a new codex for eight years. Any posted comments are not intended for any army as a whole.
Thank you, and goodnight.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 23:46   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=5050.0
Old 14 Apr 2005, 04:15   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

How many rounds of shooting is there in the squad arena? Huh...
I'm tired of being poor, and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull a trigger, kill a nigger, he's a hero
Givin back to the kids, who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
first ship them dope, let them deal to brothers
give them guns, step back and watch them kill each other
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Closed Thread