Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Cities of Death Question
Old 18 Feb 2008, 23:19   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Cities of Death Question

Good Evening, I'm sure if this is the correct forum but here it goes. When creating scenery for Cities of Death what thickness "Hardboard" should you use and what tips do you have for putting together the "Imperial City"? Also what tricks do you have to make a Cities of Death battle more interesting for the players? Thank you in Advance.
robidark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2008, 02:43   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Cities of Death Question

I have a great love of demented catawalks and the like. Especially in custom scenarios. Think water rising, etc.

I actually picked up an imperial sector, as well as additional flooring sprues(Too lazy to mess with plasticard) with the intention of transforming in into one, giant, twisted mess of towers, catawalks, and ruins. Six stories worth.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2008, 09:23   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

I try and stick with Cityfight over Cities of Death; it is much fairer for shooty armies.

Example: In Cities of Death, Area Terrain blocks LoS. As 90% of the board is Area Terrain, combat armies have a bloody field day.

In Cityfight, you can see through 6" worth of Area Terrain. This means if you hide behind 1/4" of a building's corner, you are still going to be raped by the 60 Guardsmen hiding in the bunker up ahead.

Plus there's the 6" Combat Zone, Siege Armour, Combat Squad rules, Deathworld Toxins for Vindicares, modified Template, Blast and Ordnance rules, expanded Coherancy, and the scenarios have never been equalled in their brilliance. High Ground is, without exception, the greatest 40K scenario ever made.

If you can get Cityfight, do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2008, 14:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
I try and stick with Cityfight over Cities of Death; it is much fairer for shooty armies.

Example: In Cities of Death, Area Terrain blocks LoS. As 90% of the board is Area Terrain, combat armies have a bloody field day.

In Cityfight, you can see through 6" worth of Area Terrain. This means if you hide behind 1/4" of a building's corner, you are still going to be raped by the 60 Guardsmen hiding in the bunker up ahead.

Plus there's the 6" Combat Zone, Siege Armour, Combat Squad rules, Deathworld Toxins for Vindicares, modified Template, Blast and Ordnance rules, expanded Coherancy, and the scenarios have never been equalled in their brilliance. High Ground is, without exception, the greatest 40K scenario ever made.

If you can get Cityfight, do so.
I agree, and don't forget the modified morale rules. Codex Battlezone: Cityfight remains one of my favorite codices, though I still cringe when I read the Guard list for the battle report.

As for making the games more interesting, you could come up with a little back-story or (balanced) scenario special rules to make the scenario more distinctive.
TB
Old 20 Feb 2008, 16:17   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Where can I get these "cityfight" rules?
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2008, 16:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It's an old (2001) codex. I found a page for it on Amazon (here).

I really liked it. I thought it did an excellent job of making cityfighting different from regular games and preventing it from becoming too complicated. I do like the stratagems from Cities of Death, but for me there is no comparison; Codex Battlezone: Cityfight wins.
TB