Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Niche Spam Lists
Old 18 Feb 2008, 17:03   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Niche Spam Lists

So... what's everyone's favourite uber unit to cram as many as they can into a list? Destroyers? Wraithguard? Jetbikes/bikes?

Just some discussion about making stupidly weighted list towards one troop type. It's something I've been doing a lot recently - the Witch Hunters list that's nearly all Arco-Flagellants and Penitent Engines, or the 4,000 points Imperial Fists list that includes as many Terminators as is legally possible.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2008, 17:23   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Niche Spam Lists

I used to do it with Guard Conscripts. In a 1k point list, I think I got 120 conscripts in, and the army itself had 200 models...

Actually, 200 model Conscript army would be bloody brilliant to field just to see my opponent's face ;D.

But normally, I don't try to spam any one unit really, but I have built lists around one trick ponies (700 point Khorne Chosen Aspiring Champions in the old Codex, and the Hammer of Tarsiss (Chapter Master, 4 Terminators and LR transport), 600 points)...
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2008, 17:24   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Oh, they're not necessarily supposed to be effective, nor are they necessarily supposed to be something you'd actually field =P
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2008, 17:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

A fully maxed out Farsight list.

HQ: Farsight + 7 Suits in retinue.

HQ: Commander + 2 Suit retinue

ELITE: 3 Crisis Suits

20 Crisis Suits. Add 3 Broadsides for added fun, and you have a rather "full" list. ;D
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2008, 17:51   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Apoc Tau Nothing but Snipers and Broadsides.
Gamekanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2008, 01:42   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Apoc, nine baneblades. Actually saw it on the field.

Realistically, a combination of assassin formations and the terminator formation are probably the most broken thing in existance. Theres nothing that one of those two can't obliterate.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2008, 01:48   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

I like Spamming Spawn! Last (first) time I used the new chaos list my 1000pt list had 12 chaos spawn! It was fantastic. When my Spawn Charged his Genestealers, the Nid player was so confused!
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Grindgobble Witherfume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Feb 2008, 02:41   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Mmm, love charging genestealers/harlequins.

Playing BA against dedicated CC armies is always a very messy, high casualty affair, but it's an absolute blast.

Genestealer and necron warrior spamming have to be two of the most common...but one Ive actually built a list around is spamming basic guard infantry squads. Sure, conscripts are cheaper...but the infantry squads get cheaper lascannons, making them better overall, and I can still fit a stupid amount into 1500-2000 pts.

My various opinions and tacticas, in article form: Ad clicks always appreciated.

Latest article topic: Video game design

Best free webhost Ive found yet: http://www.ultrawebsitehosting.com/2353.html
Tyndmyr is offline   Reply With Quote