Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Gazgull or Abbadon
View Poll Results: Who is better Gazgull Thraka or Abbadon the dispoiler.
Gazgull Thraka 0 0%
Abbadon the dispoiler 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 08 Feb 2008, 07:09   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Gazgull or Abbadon

Well me and a friend play apocalypse battles and love to play Guzgull Vs Abbadon we cant decide so I am asking you to Decide!!! ???

If you want a sig like this give, Hadhfang a PM http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn162/Ushar1/Orkwarrior-1.jpg[/img]
Old 08 Feb 2008, 07:33   #2 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Re: Gazgull or Abbadon

gazza.

Why?

Hes the only ork on the list.

End of disscussion

Old 08 Feb 2008, 07:40   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

I personally think that Gazgull Thraka is a loser to the tenth power. However, now, Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka, The Hand of Gork and Mork, Scourge of Armour-Geddem, Looter of Golgatha, and Arch-Nemesis of the Notorious Commissar Sebastian Yarrick, kicks total butt. ;D

I don't like how they cut out all of his background and changed his zoggin' name in the new codex. His name doesn't even roll off the tongue nicely anymore...

If him and Abbadon were ever to meet on the battlefield, I don't think Abbadon would know what to do. Ghazghkull is just such a killing machine that I don't even think that spawn of Horus himself could stand a chance at stopping him. It'd be a good fight, though.

-Grandpa Ducky

Old 08 Feb 2008, 07:45   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

It wouldn't be much of a fight - there would be a massive squishy sound, and then the grots would spend the rest of the battle trying to get the chunks out o the joints.
Old 08 Feb 2008, 08:26   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Esque

Never played against the Despoiler, but I thought he was rather killy...! That sword of his and all that, and he just has to have a higher I?

Then again, Ghazzy's one turn 2+ inv. save and rediculous stats may even that.

Why dont you try it out and see what happens? My money would be on Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka, Prophet of Gork and Mork. The other fellow is a smurf with a sword and a deviant alignment.
Old 08 Feb 2008, 09:51   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esque
Ah, but Abaddon gets 5 + D6 (a maximum of 11 attacks!), I6, S8 attacks on the charge! (With the ability to re-roll failed to wound rolls!) He's fearless, he can't be instantly killed and he is the grand daddy of the Chaos Traitor Legions.

I think Ghazghkull and Abaddon dueling would be great, but if there would be a winner, I'd have to say it would be Abaddon, he can land 11, I6 attacks at S8! That's just plain crazy!

Quote:
Why dont you try it out and see what happens? My money would be on Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka, Prophet of Gork and Mork. The other fellow is a smurf with a sword and a deviant alignment.
'The other' is perhaps one of the most feared characters in the 40k universe. It's easy for people to say he's a jumped up SMurf, but not many Orks have had Cadia on it's arse and had the galaxy within spotting distance of total annihilation. Ghazghkull is hard, don't get me wrong, but Abaddon is in a totally different league. Ghazghkull had Armageddon, Abaddon had Cadia, both of which are perhaps the most heavily defended planets in the galaxy.

The Orks and Chaos are both big players in the galaxy, as are the two leading characters of each race, however, fluff aside, Abaddon would have Ghazghkull on his arse. I'm not being a prick, trust me I'd try and do a better job :P but Abaddon can strike first, with 11 S8 attacks at WS7, Ghazghkull wouldn't survive, anyone who plays 40k will know that.

But, this is a game where dice play a big part, so who am I to say Abaddon will win? :-\
Old 08 Feb 2008, 10:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack of Blades
Quote:
Ah, but Abaddon gets 5 + D6 (a maximum of 11 attacks!), I6, S8 attacks on the charge! (With the ability to re-roll failed to wound rolls!) He's fearless, he can't be instantly killed and he is the grand daddy of the Chaos Traitor Legions.
Or he rolls a 1, doesn`t get to make any attacks this turn, and takes a wound thanks to his "great" sword.

It would be open-ended, especially if Gahz uses his 2+ invulnerable...
Old 08 Feb 2008, 10:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Esque

I was mostly joking, I dont really know the specs of Abaddons sword, except I had a feeling it was mightily horrible. What do you mean "grand daddy" of the traitor legions? It's not like he has created them or anything... Though he may very well have statistics on his side.

However: Ghazzy is an ork, and therefore cannot lose a fight. Thats rather hard to argument against.
Old 08 Feb 2008, 13:02   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq

Abaddon, easily in a straight up fight.

I can see it going down very similar to Archaon vs Grimgor in Fantasy though -

Chaos tearing it up, has the Imperium on the brink just about to take Cadia properly, when Ghazgull turns up and starts sycthing through the Chaos force just because he wants to fight Abaddon to prove he's the hardest there is. Gets to Adaddon just after Abaddon has finished tearing through Logan Grimnar who had led a daring drop pod assault onto the Chaos command area. Turns and gets suprised headbutted by Ghazgull. Ghazgull gets the upper hand because of it. Has Abaddon there for the taking but now that he's proven his point he just wonders off back to Aramgeddon to finish up there, concluding that its good to have Abaddon around to soften up the none spikey umies.
Old 08 Feb 2008, 14:02   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Depends on who charges first.

Actually chaos would win, because chaos is GW favorite son. :-\
"Men are basically smart or dumb and lazy or ambitious. The dumb and ambitious ones are dangerous and I get rid of them. The dumb and lazy ones I give mundane duties. The smart ambitious ones I put on my staff. The smart and lazy ones I make my commanders.
Closed Thread