Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

US GW's new site layout...what happened?
Old 02 Feb 2008, 21:20   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default US GW's new site layout...what happened?

Has anyone else noticed the new layout to the US Games Workshop site? They've taken away the "miniatures" sections of the main site and now link you directly to the store. That's not such a big deal - but sort of frustrating because the store link opens a new window. But it seems that the components links are now worthless as I can't seem to find any that work.

There were component lists for Necromunda Enforcer Squads and Imperial Guard Storm Troopers as of a few weeks ago. They are empty now.

Finally, the Assassins are gone from the Daemonhunters / Witch Hunters stores. ???

Anyone else notice any more anomalies? I'm wondering what might be going on?

Em
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2008, 21:32   #2 (permalink)
Lex
Shas'Saal

Default Re: US GW's new site layout...what happened?

Yes, I did notice that the miniatures section was gone, I guess it's not really that big a deal as the store-miniatures page is basically the same.

And as for the components, i guess that they just weren't selling, I mean Necromunda doesn't have that large a fan base, and I'd imagine next-to-one ordered those specific components for it, so GW decided to take them off the site. :-\.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2008, 21:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

The bitz and unavailable models thing all has to do with their monkeying around with their mail order department. In short, bitz ordering got the old yeller treatment and a number of blisters have mysteriously vanished. Alot of people think that the vanishing blisters are going to be re-introduced as a boxed set in the future, probably with a price hike of some sort (because cardboard is very expensive these days : )

As you can probably tell, I think both these changes are about as welcome as a grizzly bear in my breakfast cereal.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2008, 23:27   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I think that's how UK site looks like since I remember.
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Oh God, not that deamnohunters! :P
Who else would fight Choas with Palasma weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
My Shas'O, I picture as an old grizzled war vet. However, he has a bit of a gung-ho streak. Think Sun Tzu meets Yeosemite Sam
Solarius Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2008, 01:35   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

just a few things i noticed: the ethereals are gone from the tau section, and the deamonhunters and dark eldar sections no longer have any HQ, in addition to general rearranging of the old stuff

"well, look who thinks he's Clever Dan"
those who fight and run away live to fight another day
"i can't feel my torso!"
"to hell with your spoiled baby, i need those shoes!"
spoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2008, 01:47   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

...huh...what the hell is that about? No one uses ethereals so they'll just stop producing the models? :P

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2008, 04:02   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to Nuke

Well, if I recall correctly, the Assassins went into "while supplies last" as of GW's last order book, which means that they are likely redoing them or dropping them. I've got my money on GW redoing them, as multiple armies make use of them, added to the fact that they released an Apocalypse datasheet for them. Either that or they will simply introduce an Assassins box set (I heard a rumor about that happening.... took it with a grain of salt, because as we all know, everything you hear on the internet is 100% true and canon.), which also makes a good deal of sense.

"He who opens a school door, closes a prison." -Victor Hugo
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2008, 04:48   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

But the ethereals and Daemonhunters HQs?

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2008, 04:52   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

I really hope we're not in for a 5th edition Dark Elf type situation here. For those who don't know, toward the end of 5th edition Fantasy almost the entirety of the Dark Elf line was pulled from the shelves because "the new ones are coming out soon". By Christmas 6th edition was out and the supplies of the old models were starting to dwindle, so even with the old mail order system you couldn't guarantee that you could get your hands on a specific model. It took until that summer for them to finally release the new stuff, and if stock was starting to run low at Christmas, I'm somewhat hesitant to wonder about what trying to get the older models would've been like between then and the new stuff was released. All in all, Dark Elf players had almost no models in the stores for over a year, and through almost half of that time faced a bit of a question mark on whether they could get the models they wanted at all!

With no ability to order these even through mail order, it could be an even worse situation than those days if the models are getting redone instead of just repackaged.
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Feb 2008, 18:23   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Because that's just what can save GW's dwindling sales! Higher prices! I swear, they have a seriously epic amount of marketing genius portioned between their lovely company skulls over there.

It just saddens me, because a lot of the bits I was looking at getting, now that I'm back into the hobby, are currently MIA. I suppose if they do show up in a boxed set down the line, I'll not have much choice but fork out the cash; however, that doesn't help me much in the short term, when I have a table covered in unfinished models, all in need of pieces that are no longer available. Digging through the bits box of my local GW-endorsed store isn't an option either, because the nearest store is over an hour's drive away, one trip, and that's really quite an endeavor to get a few bits that they, in all probability, won't have in the box.
SmellTheAshes is offline   Reply With Quote