Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Looking for Allies and Enemies
Old 20 Jan 2008, 02:57   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Looking for Allies and Enemies

As some of you may know, I'm working on a fluff codex for my five Chaos armies, and I've got a well established base of enemies and allies, but I would like to include more enemies then I currently have (running at around 4 so far) and I would like 6 or 8 enemies. So if you've got some background (perferrably with a commander who can serve as a focal point for the army.) and you would like to see them featured in a codex, post up .

Also bear in mind I'm looking for fluff which is quite well defined and that are interesting. The "standard" Tau commander isn't going to cut it. I want to know why he hates the Four Winds of Chaos, did the Khorne Daemon prince Arnell kill off your commander's mother in one of her attacks? Does your guard commander have a secret love/hate relationship with the Slaaneshi Canoness Gemiel?

Although I know this may mean some armies will have a harder time (like Tyranids and Necrons as they lack any real emotion).

Also, if your a Chaos or Marine player, I would like to see your colour schemes (which can also be included in the codex ), and the painters are here:

Marine Painter
Chaos Painter

Anyway, if you want to get some backstory to my characters, you can find a detailed breakdown of each of them here:

Lord Damius
Canoness Gemiel
Lord Arnell
Lord Adual

Oh and this just isn't a one way thing, as I'd be able to help you with your fluff as your helping me expand mine, and they're be fringe benefits too, like Humanatee found out (I photoshopped a daemon world for him).

Any questions, let me know and if your interested feel free to provide links to your stuff and/or post here
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2008, 17:46   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to korik1
Default Re: Looking for Allies and Enemies

My only army with fluff is my Eldar army. Here's the fluff:

Farseer Marchias leads the force.

Vanelle the shadowseer leads her Harlequins since the death of the troupe's master.

The Wind Riders and Sky Tamers ride forth into battle on their jetbikes.

Denalden's Spiders use hit and run tactics to distract the enemy.

The heavy guns of Thunder and Lightning march closer to the enemy on their wraithbone legs.

During his travels of the threads of fate, Farseer Marchias of Ulthwe viewed the paths of many different craftworlds, exodite worlds, and maiden worlds. While viewing the threads of the exodite world known as Anaris, named for Vaul's blade, he found something interesting. The warriors of that particular world would play a vital role in the final battle against Chaos. However, currently they had little to no military. The only real combat they had seen was skirmishing against a nearby Tau outpost, that the planet now had a non-aggression pact with.
Marchias informed his superiors of the importance of this world, telling them that Ulthwe would have to lead them in their militarization. Though Ulthwe lacked in their number of aspect warriors, they sent the teachers they could. Realizing that still wasn't enough Marchias contacted Biel-Tan.
The Exarchs of Biel-Tan were reluctant to leave their posts to train Exodites when their skills could be used in battle. The Farseers of Biel-Tan, upon tracing the futures of Anaris, convinced the Exarchs that their legacy would help crush Chaos when the time came.
Marchias led the expedition to Anaris, becoming the planet's head farseer. Several years into his tenure a troupe of Harlequins appeared from the world's Webway gate. They too had learned of Anaris' role and had come to teach its people of the corruption of Chaos.
Now the residents of Anaris have begun training to prepare for their moment of greatness...

My army will have many guardian jetbikes accompanied by swift aspects. This is because Marchias was a shining spear prior to being a farseer.

I believe that Farseer Marchias and likely Vanelle the Shadowseer have likely consulted with each other about Anaris' fate. Their main concern is that they have come to a sort of Gordian knot in the thread. Upon closer examination they discovered that a tzeentch Lord named Adual will in some way threaten Anaris' role during Rhana Dandra. Both are eager to fix this but they are having trouble discerning how...

Everyone is normal until you get to know them!

korik1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2008, 17:50   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

My Space Marines, the Sons of Primus will join if wanted....

[This is quite long]

The Sons of Primus and Malthrax I
Reference: <Libre Imperialis/Adeptus Astartes/ Second Founding/430013/12425 M.41>

Compiled for His Most Excellence, the Imperial Envoy.

Below is all requested information on Space Marines Chapter Sons of Primus, and details on the geography and history of their homeworld, Malthrax I.

History
The Sons of Primus are a little-known second founding Chapter, the story of which starts just after the defeat of Horus upon the Warmaster's ship. After teleporting off the ship, Rogal Dorn was carrying the Emperor up from the courtyard into the his throne room, when he was set upon by Scandaros, favoured of Slaanesh, and chief amongst Fulgrim's Champions. The tired, wounded Dorn may have met his end then if it were not for one man. Primus was a strong warrior, captain of the fourth Imperial Fist company. Seeing his noble Primarch locked in mortal combat, felt it a worthy sacrifice of himself to try and help him. Primus charged into the side of the fighting Scandaros, stunning him. This gave Dorn a chance to strike a killing blow, but before he could Scandaros struck, ripping off Primus' arms with bestial fury, before collapsing, dead.

Dorn grabbed the half-dead Primus, and carried him, the Emperor across one shoulder, Primus the other. Once the Emperor was safe, Dorn spoke to the dying marine. No one knows what passed between those two great warriors then, but it is told that Primus' gene-seed was divided, and used to create two new Space Marines, Romulus and Remus. Both possessed some of the strength and courage of Primus, and were marked out to be great warriors, even for Space Marines.

When the second founding chapters were created, Dorn made the Black Templars and Crimson Fists, but in secret created a smaller chapter, led by Romulus and Remus, namely the Sons of Primus.

Campaigns
The Sons of Primus generally function as rapid reinforcements to their more famous sister chapters, but have been seen fighting many times around their storm-shrouded homeworld, Malthrax I. Most of these reports come from veteran members of the Malthrax 20th 'Wasps' who fought alongside these Space Marines in a gruelling city war upon Malthrax I against Tau, who were supposedly on a search for a holy artefact that is in the city. Whilst the two sides fought, Ordo Malleus forces investigated the city, and discovered a Slaaneshi daemon blade, which was destroyed promptly. However, word of this find spread, and soon a large cult worshipping the Lord of Pleasure appeared, and attacked the already engaged Space Marines, resulting in a huge battle over the finding place of the daemon blade, in which the Malthaxians were almost completely killed, and would have resulted in utter decimation of the chapter, had it not been for the timely intervention of the Tau, who attacked the cult, hoping to capture some of their strange weapons. The cult suffered huge losses, and retreated into the shadows. The scattered remaining Space Marines called in their transports, and in the known that the Ordo Xenos killed many of the unsuspecting Tau in a series of orbital strikes. The Space Marines had claimed a large victory, but Romulus was cut down and since has served as a Dreadnought. The chapter is once again at near full strength, and is expected to take part in many more campaigns in the future.

Homeworld and Recruitment
The chapter's homeworld in Malthrax I is a bountiful rainforest, full of continent-sized lakes and glimmering valleys. In stark contrast, exactly a fifth of the world is covered by huge, mass populated cities. The main part of the city consists of Hive city Recondius, in the centre of this is the huge Spire, the chapter's fortress monastery, which is reckoned to be over a thousand feet high. The hives are mainly populated by gangs of grizzled street gangs, and it is from these gangs that the chapter recruits. The initiates are forced to do most of the normal tests, from the Librarian, Chaplains and Apothecaries, but also must complete the hardest ritual task, that all must endure to enter. They must climb to the top of the Spire, with nothing but a grappling hook and themselves.

The Spire itself is made of many huge levels. At the base are the training grounds, about thirty half a mile squared rooms, which contains samples of many different warzones, such as a ruined city, a jungle and a desert. Often on training, the recruits and members of the Chapter are sent out to enforce order in the many riots and fights that break out.

On the second group of levels, there are the chapels and rest chambers of the Space Marines, as well as a vehicle zone. Due to the large amount of space here, it is often used as a resting place for imperial guard attachments in the sector, and is rarely full, as almost always one or more of the companies is posted on surrounding worlds as sentries.

Both clouds and mystery shroud the higher levels of the Spire, but it is known that most of it serves as rest chambers for the Librarians, Chaplains and Commanders of the force and that part includes a large meeting chamber.
Inquisitional Influence
Since the Daemon Blade was discovered, there has been noticeably more evidence of the Ordos around. The Ordo Malleus are searching for more Daemon weapons, and many Ordo Heriticus agents are searching for members of the planet's Slaaneshi cults. Inquisitor Halon Mortus of the Ordo Malleus and Inquisitor Gideon Lupus of the Ordo Hereticus are both in operation, and have been seen fighting together on several occasions. Ordo Xenos agents have also been seen, and have been investigating both the Tau and the mysterious groups of Tyranids that are being sighted in the underhives.

Final Information
As a special privilege, my guide, Captain Taratos, has shown me some of the chapter in action. The Marines are disciplined and brave to the extremes, even for Space Marines. If I may present my most humble opinion, I am glad that they are on our side, not the enemyís.

Real men read The Strange Gazzet! (PM me for more information)

Thanks to Jais for finding the avatar!
Commander Songblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jan 2008, 18:23   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

You want enemies, I will bring in my Sisters of Battle and they would be linked to your Canoness. You want allies, I bring in my Plague Marines, FT. But right now I am really tired, and I will write it up first thing tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 14:28   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

I'm liking the sound of Farseer Marchias, korik1 . Has Adual and Marchias ever met, or do they just "know" of each other via their own psychic castings?

As for the Sons of Primus, some interesting back story, but what was the Chapter created for? Patrolling a certain area of space? Looking over a forge world? As I'm looking for the connection to the Four Winds and why they would be enemies besides the generic, "they are Chaos, we are loyalist, we must fight"

Crisis_Vyper, can't wait to see it
Old 21 Jan 2008, 15:45   #6 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scorpion Master (FT)
Crisis_Vyper, can't wait to see it
Actually I already have the fluff for my Plague Marines here in TO already. I just need to write up on how your Plague Lord is allied to mine.

Here are the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis_Vyper
Well, here goes. I have three HQ units.

Name: Lord Baldr a.k.a Soul Reaper
Class: Plague Lord

Preferred Weapon: The Daemon Weapon Breathtaker. The scythe is able to literally 'take' away the soul of those that escapes its poisonous blade, but it only works when the opponent is too close or the target is just too huge.

Hobbies/Likes: He loves Daemon Bikes, particularly his very unique Daemon Bike Faust which he is rarely seen without. His love for the unnatural speed of Daemon Bikes causes him to always enlist his private and elite Daemon Biker squadrons in every battle.

He also loves insulting his fallen opponent using his very acidic spit, which is ten times more powerful than even his own Plague Marines directly to the face.

History: He used to be a very loyal warrior for the Imperium under the banners of the Death Guard. However at the beginning of the Horus Heresy, he and his squad of 20 loyalist marines are hunted down by their own brethrens, who believe that they had become traitors themselves. Thsi have caused them great harm and thus their inevitable turning into Plague Marines. At the end of the Horus Heresy, the twenty-one Plague Marines escaped into the warp, reappearing several thousand years later on the world of Calthalas Prime, a planet rife with revolution.

Lord Baldr and his Marines helped the colonist, and as the battle rages on for another 30 years, more and more Plague Marines traveled to the planet, having heard of Lord Baldr's prowess in battle. Finally the world of Calthalas Prime is conquered and thus the Calthalas system is always known as the 'Plague Empire of Calthalas', one of the few Plague Empires in the Ultima Segmentum.

After subduing the world to his rule, Lord Baldr is unique as he resisted the allures of being a Daemon prince, preferring to become a Plague Champion instead.

Appearance:His face is unknown to the other Plague Marines save those of his most trusted lieutenants, for his face is always covered with a chainmail veil and also a hood.

Name: Sada a.k.a Master of Puppets
Class: Sorceror Lord

Preferred Weapon: His sorcery and also the Plague Sword Bellcross

Hobbies/Likes: He is like any other sorceror, interested in the most arcane of secrets but he also loves to experiments with his powers and thus he is often seen in the laboratories experimenting with new spells and other despicable acts.

He also loves to resurrect his opponents to be under his bidding, as a final insult to their ravaged bodies and sending forth their bodies to their comrades to do battle.

He is often seen with his familiar, a crow named Rava which he adores very much. Anyone who insults his pet crow will often find themselves turned inside out and back, and none have survived the traumatizing experience.

History: He is Baldr's right hand, enforcing the will of Baldr upon the populace of Calthalas and also the Plague Marines of Baldr's force.

His origins is humble, for he is one of the twenty-one original marines under the command of Baldr during he great Crusades and beyond. When they are forced to escape to the Warp, Sada is forced to push his psychic powers to the limits and this in turn awaken the latent psychic potential within him, enabling him to becme one of the most accomplished of Nurgle's sorcerors. for several thousand years, Sada survived the taunts and the attacks from the denizens of the warp and helped the host to arrive on the world of Cathalas.

Sada in instrumental in Lord Baldr's quest to bring the world under his control, for he is the one who planted the thoughts the allures of Nurgle inside the minds of the leaders of the uprising and enabling them to have warriors to command. As the battle wages on upon the world, Sada uncovered the ability that will earn him the name 'Master of Puppets' ; necromancy. Using his abilities, he is able to replenish and also increase the number of plague Marines and also the Nurgle militia to a number so great that it tipped the battle to the favor of Baldr's Force.

Ever since then, Sada has also uncovered the secrets of making true Plague Marines, but yet he seeks to create a truly unique strand of Plague Marines using his necromantic powers and also the secrets of making a Plague Marine; Necro Marines.

Name: Urghiel
Class: Daemon Prince

Preferred weapon: A large blade baton

Hobbies/likes: He loves the sound of his opponents being smashed by his baton, and the screams that often accompanies it.

History: Baldr's left hand, he is the one in charge of keeping the Daemons that are controlled by Baldr's force in line.

Urghiel is also one of the famed twenty-one, and his close combat prowess had saved the warband time and time again. As he fights on, he commited many atrocities that earned him the favor of Nurgle. Uniquely, his rise to daemonhood is at the same time as Baldr, but Baldr instead chose not to become a Daemon Prince. Urghiel, however, takes the coronation and becomes a Plague Prince.

But surprisingly, instead of using his daemon might to overthrow Baldr, which most Daemon Prince would do to their superiors, Urghiel instead chose to be a subordinate of Baldr, and together with Sada he helped to make the Plague Empire the force it is today.
And here are the fluff for the entire Plague Host and their world. Colour scheme are also included in there.

Baldr Force

As for the fluff as to how the two Plague Lords became allies, here it is

The union of Plagues

The Calthalas system have always been known as the base of operations for many piratical fleets of Chaos and with the protection of the the Plague host known as Baldr's force it would take the Imperium much effort to take over a planet, let over a system.

However, unlike any Piratical port, Calthalas provides those who enter their territory with trade and commerce, though what is being traded there is the things of nightmares and the warp. In addition, Baldr's forces are more willing than any Chaos host to work with another warband. It was this predisposition that brought the Plague Host of Damiel and Baldr together.

Upon the world of Namuzi VI, the Plague Host of Baldr under the command of the Plague Sorcerer Sada and Lord Damiel met each other. The desert world of Namuzi VI is a little known deathworld, but what set this world apart is that there is a herb known as the Linana.

The Linana plant is a small flowering plant, but possesses a unique toxin that once absorbed into the human body, is a potent mind-controlling drug. For Sada, it is an important ingredient that would help him in his understanding to making the Necro Marines and also the bolstering of the Plague host's ranks. For Damiel, it is a potent weapon of war that can be used against the Imperium.

When the two fleets met each other in space upon the Deathworld they are at each other's throats, typical for any Chaos Warband that met each other searching for the same thing. However, unknown to the two forces it is also the staging ground for Waargh!!! Vitzkrag of the Goff clan. When the two Plague Host was about to wage a bloody war of annihilation against each other, the massive fleet of the Waargh!!! strikes them. Surprised by the turn of events in addition to being outgunned and outnumbered Sada contacts Damiel using his Psychic powers and offered a proposition; Kill the greenskins together first, and later they would talk to each other about how they would go about their prize; the Linana plant if they survived at all.

Seeing the entire Greenskin horde, Damiel was forced to work together with the plague sorceror. Thus, the Plague host of Sada and Damiel proceed on with a brutal space war of annihilation of the Orks. After a bloody war of 5 years and the ork fleet culled, the leaders of the Plague Hosts met each other face to face. As they sat in front of each other and spoke to each other, the tension between the two camps are even more dangerous than the murderous intent of a Catachan Devil.

Finally a deal is struck; Sada offered Damiel's forces the world of Namuzi VI but fully half of the Linana plant upon the world are to be taken by Sada. In addition, the Plague Host offered each other safe passage and trade into each other's territory (Cathalas system in the Ultima Segmentum)and also will come and enforce each other when a times calls for help.

However, Sada proposed that Lord Damiel should follow him to the Plague Empire of Cathalas, to the surprise of Lord Damiel. Damiel assumed that Sada was his own master, but nevertheless agreed to meet the Plague Lord of the Cathalas Empire. As they travelled towards the Plague Empire of Cathalas, the grudging reluctance of their deal became respect for one another.

Once they reached the world of Cathalas Prime, Lord Damiel is finally able to meet Lord Baldr and together they sealed the deal that Sada orchestrated upon the world of Namuzi VI.

I have a lot of Fluff about my host, but sadly not enough fluff is available for my sorcerer and thus I used the opportunity to make a little more development upon Sada. He is a favourite of mine, alongside Lord Baldr and deserves more development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 16:41   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scorpion Master (FT)
As for the Sons of Primus, some interesting back story, but what was the Chapter created for? Patrolling a certain area of space? Looking over a forge world? As I'm looking for the connection to the Four Winds and why they would be enemies besides the generic, "they are Chaos, we are loyalist, we must fight"
I wrote the fluff a while ago, so it is quite bad. I could include my Tau instead, as they have no solid fluff and can be moulded to your will.

Old 21 Jan 2008, 18:45   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

BY ORDER OF HIS MOST HOLY MAJESTY,
THE GOD-EMPEROR OF TERRA

SEQUESTERED INQUISITORIAL DOSSIERS
AUTHORIZED PERSONS ONLY

CASE FILE: 112:12DKOK:AD:71

PLEASE ENTER YOUR SECURITY CODE--> **********

VALIDATINGÖ
RETRIEVING REQUESTED FILES
Ö
Ö
Ö
DISPLAYING
Ö
Ö
Ö

RE: Death Korps of Krieg 71st Armored Detachment
BCC: Inquisitor Felix, Inquisitor Icarius, Inquisitor Bzalt, Inquisitor Rengal, Inquisitor Lord Macaroy
Subject: The 71st and Connections to Lord Arnell, Slaughter of Worlds.

Dearest Inquisitors,

During the Torrin Massacre, the Death Korps of Krieg stood steadfast, prepared to fight and die for redemption. Karl von Klauswitz stood at the vanguard of the Krieg line, using his Battle Cannon to great effect against the heinous warmachine of the Enemy. The Emperorís Tarot, Karlís Metalica Pattern Leman Russ, along with The Emperorís Wrath, The Emperorís Penance, The Emperorís Gambit, the Macharius Heavy Tank, The Emperorís Prudence and the rest of the 71st, maneuvered along a stretch of highway in order to out flank the Enemy. Under the coverage of foliage, the battle group engaged a force of one thousand Traitors. Disoriented by the speed and coordination of Klauswitzís attack, those untrue to the Emperor were crushed beneath tread and eradicated by the roar of cannons.

Klauswitzís men exterminated the entire Traitor Guard regiment and moved on to look for other targets to engage. It was at this time that they came across Arnellís troupe. Klauswitz was not a stupid man and knew that these armored monstrosities were not dumb and blind like the foe they had just dispatched, and voxed for assistance. That being done, he made the order to attack.

The Emperorís Gambit was the first tank to engage. The glorious tank was under the command of Kunstler von Klauswitz, Karlís brother. Its Vanquisher Cannon kicked and a beam of searing light descended upon a Defiler, splitting it open and casting the Daemon within to purgatory and beyond. The damned Adeptus Astartes gathered their wits and charged, weapons glancing against the hulls of the Russes. The only damage that was done was to The Emperorís Gambit whose Vox Receiver was destroyed. Karl issued the order to fire and the first volley from the assembled tanks scythed through the Chaos lines.

Volley after volley cut through the Legions but soon Klauswitz was forced to fallback. He gave the order to retreat via Vox and all of his tanks fled back to friendly lines. All but one. The Emperorís Gambit, whose Vox Receiver had been destroyed, stood as a beacon of hope against the approaching tide of Chaos, but was soon extinguished. Not even the formidable skill of Kunstler could withstand the onslaught of the Chaos Marines.

When Karl received news of his brotherís death, he went into his quarters and mourned. It was three days until he emerged, a new man. His body seethed with anger. Rallying his men, he intended to make his way back to the battlefield, but Lord Marshal Maclean prohibited the 71st from leaving the safety of the encampment. The Imperial Guard had already suffered the losses of many men and Maclean could not afford to loose one of his premier Tank Companyís to a personal vendetta of a disgruntled officer. Even so, Karl led his battle group out into the fray and towards the theatre of war.

It was empty. Arnellís men had abandoned the field, making way towards Hive Primevala. Karl found the burnt out shell of The Emperorís Gambit still smoking. Karl found his brother stuck on a pike, eyes disgorged from sockets, and symbols of chaos branded unto his skin. Karlís let out a cry of anguish and fell to the ground. The rest of the crew was no where to be found.

When the 71st returned to base camp, Karl and his men were immediately arrested and transported to Jxa Prison to await sentencing on charges of disobedience, possible corruption and failure to comply with a direct order. This was a saving grace of sorts as the world of Torrin was taken by Arnell soon after Karl was deported.

Despite many tests including psychoactive, physical, and blood, the men of the 71st Krieg Armored Division have maintained their loyalty and penance to the God-Emperor. It is unknown if their Rebreathers saved them from the taint or if there was some genetic defunct in their systems. Either way, the men of the 71st Armored have my expressed written consent to be released from Jxa Prison as soon as possible to rejoin the Princepis Campaign.

Signed,
Inquisitor Lord Pious

++END TRANSMITION++

Hope you can find some use for it, FT .
Warsmith Tyranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jan 2008, 19:59   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

The problem is that your fluff is set on the other side of the galaxy to the Tau Empire. My Kroot could be included, but probably not my Tau .

Old 21 Jan 2008, 21:21   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Songblade
The problem is that your fluff is set on the other side of the galaxy to the Tau Empire. My Kroot could be included, but probably not my Tau .
All Four Winds did travel to Cha'Mont'Yr (which is a Tau border world), so they would need to take place in that gap, so unless your wanting to go questing across the galaxy after them, it would have to be a long remembered but temporary engagement, which does happen

@CV Love the Biker! But your fluff could use some work (no offense intended), mainly clarification of the events that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Songblade
I wrote the fluff a while ago, so it is quite bad. I could include my Tau instead, as they have no solid fluff and can be moulded to your will.
I wouldn't want to mould them to my will as it is your fluff afterall. I could make suggestions to it, but it's your fluff at the end of the day

@Rastafari Is: That was great! I'll add that straight into the codex virtually as it is (changed a few spellings and removed some of the stuff to fit the page I'm going to be using for it). Here's a pic of the page:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2.../example01.jpg

OH and I'll be adding a few changes to my fluff to reflect your forces herioc action next time I run through Arnell's fluff