Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Your Preferred Enemy
Old 19 Jan 2008, 06:41   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via AIM to xShaperx
Default Your Preferred Enemy

What army do you play? Have another type of army you love to fight, or are exceptionally good at taking out? What kind of army is it, what race?

I play Tau (Slaanesh also, but it's sort of a side project). I'd have to say my favorite enemy would be either MechOrk or MechGuard (not Armored Company). I say this because I love Deathrain battlesuits, and they rip through light armor and infantry alike. It's also really fun to fight that because I run a Hybrid Tau list (more Mech than Static though), and to fight another army that is almost all mounted just makes things more exciting, where units can rapidly deploy from their transports and make for a very highly mobile and strategic game. MechEldar is nice too, if not for the Holo-fields and WaveSerpents.

Anyway, how about you?

Shas'ui Kel'shan Mont'au Mal'caor: The Terror Spider of Kel'shan

www.myspace.com/nathanhotdog
xShaperx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2008, 07:05   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky
Default Re: Your Preferred Enemy

My Orks have always loved to fight the Imperial Guard. To me it's just the classic battle and it's always cool to have so many miniatures on the field. I may never win, but it's fun.

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2008, 09:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

As I fight the tyranids more and more, I find I prefer them more then anything now.

but due to chaos I love going against imperial guard, and blood angels...I really love/hate blood angels.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2008, 09:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Marines.

I fight them a lot, I kill them a lot. And at my store there are hordes of marine players.

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2008, 12:10   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grand Seer
Marines.

I fight them a lot, I kill them a lot. And at my store there are hordes of marine players.
yep but if you think you got alot you should see us we have so many players (majority are new players) that marines never are in the top 5 in our tournment
Agreed; the Dark Kin get Dark Matter cannons, whereas those limp-wristed Craftworlders presumably power their Bright Lance, and all their weapons, through homosexual lusting. How else do you explain the Vibrocannon looking (and functioning) like some giant space-dildo? >
i dunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2008, 13:40   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

As Tyranids, I love an army that tries to get to grips with me just like I do to them. Static armies like vanilla Space Marines, Inquisition, and Tau just irritate my inner bug, but armies like Orks and Khorne provide a real challenge and a long brawl.

I'm cursed with a friend (my usual gaming buddy) who decided to collect Tau and Necrons, two of my most hated foes. At least they're also Orks and close-range-shooting-oriented Space Marines to play against as well.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2008, 13:44   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via AIM to Praying Mantidae Send a message via MSN to Praying Mantidae

The Tau. Every fiber of my being longs to get into combat with the blue buggers.

I like fighting Marines with my Dark Eldar, though.
Praying Mantidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2008, 14:38   #8 (permalink)
Anton

Quote:
Marines.

Agreed. I enjoy unleashing my Chaos Terminators on an unaware Tactical Squad and watch them all die in the first round of combat, or crush a Space Marine Commander and see the horror on my opponents face that master crafting every weapon and loading out on artificer armour and an iron halo doesn't stop ten Blissgiver attacks. :P

I love ripping Marines apart, because many of the Marine players I face are so far up their own arses they honestly believe they can win by wasting points on pointless upgrades and units, and expect to run forwards and 'crush' everything... Yeah... :
Old 19 Jan 2008, 15:51   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno
Quote:
Marines.

yep but if you think you got alot you should see us we have so many players (majority are new players) that marines never are in the top 5 in our tournment
Problem being, is that everyone knows how to beat marines, and usually will have a subconsciously tailored list.

My preferred enemy is guard of all flavours, and orks. Guard, because they should be the most common enemy to fight, from a fluff standpoint, and orks because they are the Tau classic enemy.

Of course, what I usually end up fighting is always marines, to the point where theres very little challenge now.

Of course, I despise Necrons, my Tau can never stop them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Jan 2008, 16:17   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Primo

Rafe:

Just focus fire on type of necrons, if their aint an alive unit, of same type near em, they dont get WBB rolls, ei if hes only got 10 immortals in one unit, mass fire, assault or whatever, 1 unit at a time! Thats, 1 type at a time .

Back to topic:

I play Tau, mostly now, that is.

And I love fights vs. Tyranids, especially horde ones!

I play a hybrid tau list, even though most of it, is fast moving, theres still alot of static parts, I love shooting things down, wrecking an army up, due to their lack of Armor saves, and then having to face em up close in the end, as im, as said not a full- fish army, I have to face them sooner or later, if I dont get good rolls, and their aint alot of cover for him.

When it all comes down, It's fun to charge people with your drones, battlesuits and kroots, to finish em off, or simply die trying.

Well, I love playing most opponents, but those with no save are more than welcome!

4 Massacres
5 Solid
2 Minor
1 Draw
0 Losses

Armies Played:
Tyranid, Chaos, Space Marines, Necrons, Daemon Hunters.
Primo is offline   Reply With Quote