Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

gorrila tactics
Old 13 Jan 2008, 21:37   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default gorrila tactics

are thes guys reliable because i ordered a baneblade before Christmas and it still has not arrived. if anyone who is not gorrilla tactics themselves can vouch for their reliability that would be much apreciated.
2k erg test 7:01 145.3 split
6k erg test 18.36 152.8 split
and I am a lightweight
I stroked the boat that won the novice race of Head of the Hooch the 2nd largest regatta in the U.S.A. I can play warhammer because I earned it.
vercingatorix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2008, 23:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: gorrila tactics

Well that would depend on what army you play, Imperial Guard or Space Marines?

I think it would be harder to pull off guerilla tactics with Imperial Guard simply because their armies are usually quite large, giving you less room to maneuver. Unless your running a mech gaurd army, I don't really see it happening unless your a very highly skilled tactician.

Space Marines would give you more of an edge in this department for the sole reason that if your a trait chapter, you can give most if not all of your marines Infiltrate, allowing you to deploy in key positions and givving you the room to pull out fast. Because its a smaller army as far as numbers go, you'll have alot of table room to maneuver, giving you a tactical edge when these opportunities are taking.

Give us a little more information on your army composition and we can give you a better answer.

I will tell you that you can never go wrong with a Baneblade. Possibly one of the most durable super heavies in the game with quite a payload of weaponry that can be brought to bear on your enemy. Expect it to cause alot of damage and mayhem amongst your enemies lines. Combine it with a few other support tanks and you got a solid anchor in your lines that the enemy will have a hard time dislodging. This will allow the rest of your force to flit about like faeries and hit the enemy where it hurts.

EDIT: didn't realise that you were talking about a business...sorry...but i still think its good advice
"Strive For Perfection
And Strike With Precision
Soon It Blows Up In Your Face
And The Smoke Blurs Your Vision"
-Mushroomhead

Formerly Andrew "Ender" Wiggen.
Deaths_Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2008, 00:06   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

There's a thread in the trading board where a couple of people report getting their items.

I don't think the GTGU guys have much (if any) stock. You order from them and they order from GW. I'm not sure of the mechanism by which they are able to get their discount from GW and then in turn be able to offer us 30% off of the list price.

A big item like a baneblade is almost certainly something they had to order.
Arschbombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2008, 05:12   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

I don't think he can see the trading board yet. There is a minimum number of posts required before it shows up. We have this as a safety mechanism against unsolicited advertisements.

I would send "admin" a personal message about this, and he can pass your concerns on to GorillaTactics directly.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2008, 05:59   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well I myself have recieved a tau crisis suit commander, and awaiting the apocalypse book.

The way they operate seems to be strait forward to me

you give order to them, they give to gw, gw sends to them, they send to you. (I would believe the extra step is to avoid more then needed shipping costs.)

Gw sells it at a competitive price to spur future business (meaning they can lower the price if they wished :) Gorilla tactics perhaps signed up as one of their independant sellers.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2008, 12:59   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

alright thank you i just wanted to make sure i didn't get cheated 65 bucks that's all
and I am a lightweight
I stroked the boat that won the novice race of Head of the Hooch the 2nd largest regatta in the U.S.A. I can play warhammer because I earned it.
Old 14 Jan 2008, 13:27   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

65? Isn't the Baneblade 90?
Old 14 Jan 2008, 20:29   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

30% off of GW retail price ($95) gets you to $66.50. If they're selling for $65 then that's slightly better than the 30% they're pitching.

Arschbombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2008, 23:53   #9 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

i was rounding it
thanks for the help guys
and I am a lightweight
Old 15 Jan 2008, 13:38   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

As far as I know GW requires a minimum order of $800 or something, so it is possible that the store you are buying from waits a bit to get a bunch of orders together that equal up to the minimum so the order will go through and they don't have to buy extra stock of stuff that they may not sell.
asianavatar is offline   Reply With Quote