Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

tactics
Closed Thread
Old 05 Apr 2005, 21:08   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to the ginger omen
Default tactics

okay its nearing the sumer herefore summer campaigns, now my usual space wolf tactic is addapted from one of the ork tactics, rushing it worked on orks, completely slaughted by chaos, witch hunters, I ripped appart deamon hunters ( woooohohooooo ) and slaughtered gaurd now i'm space wolves i need pints, cos' i wanna win this campaign i came last in the lastone, smbdy help me!! please?!

"For the emporor Ragnar?"
"NO, for me"

svene days in sunny june-jamiraqui
jenny was a friend of mine-the killers
wiseman-James Blunt
Feel goon inc.- the gorilaz (who's first albulm was amazing)
Old 05 Apr 2005, 21:11   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: tactics

and your list is....??
[color=Green] How Abbadon got his hax.
[COLOR=DarkOrange]I wish my grass was emo... then it would cut itself.
Old 05 Apr 2005, 21:19   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

kk

1 vulnerable dreadnought,
5 squads of grey hunters
1 squad of blood claws
1 rune preist

3 squads of scouts, 2 plasma pistols, two shot guns, two bolters, one heavy bolter one , melta gun and all the others are normal, ( i like customising scouts u cn tell)

"NO, for me"

wiseman-James Blunt
Old 05 Apr 2005, 22:06   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

no point in shotguns really they just suck..... bolt pistols/ccw are good. 1000 point game eh? well the scouts should be one thing or the other. i personally would ggo 1 squad all snipers=very nasty pinning blow up ok armor unit.

mod needs to either move this to space marine section or tactics/strategies plz
Old 05 Apr 2005, 22:13   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

doh, how do they do that though, but, it my just be luck but i own as* against gaurd with shot guns

"NO, for me"

wiseman-James Blunt
Old 05 Apr 2005, 23:05   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

with bolt/pistol ccw guard doesnt get his armor save and gives you an extra attck in cc.
Old 05 Apr 2005, 23:38   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ginger omen
kk

1 vulnerable dreadnought,
5 squads of grey hunters
1 squad of blood claws
1 rune preist

3 squads of scouts, 2 plasma pistols, two shot guns, two bolters, one heavy bolter one , melta gun and all the others are normal, ( i like customising scouts u cn tell)
Blood Claws pump out more attacks than the Grey Hunters. Why not use more of them? Other than that beef you have little:
A- Speed
B- Tank killing capability

So, since it's a campaign I expect there will be a lot of "powerful" armies to fight. You wont be able to catch up with or shoot down such armies as the FoF Tau who have powerful shooting and can flee. Also, your lack of tank hunting makes it so armies like Monolith Necron will rip you apart, and just rushing forward will make you a clear target for many foes.
I'm tired of being poor, and even worse I'm black
my stomach hurts, so I'm looking for a purse to snatch
Cops give a damn about a negro
pull a trigger, kill a nigger, he's a hero
Givin back to the kids, who the hell cares
one less hungry mouth on the welfare
first ship them dope, let them deal to brothers
give them guns, step back and watch them kill each other
It's time to fight back, that's what Huey said
2 shots in the dark, now Huey's dead I got love for my brothers but we can never go nowhere unless we share with each other we gotta start makin changes learn to see me as a brother instead of 2 distant strangers and that's how it's supposed be how can you tell them take a brother if he's close to me I'd love to go back to when we played as kids but things change, and that's the way it is come on, come on that's just the way it is things will never be the same that's just the way it is, ahh yeah X2 I see no changes all I see is racist faces misplaced hate, makes disgrace the racist we under, I wonder what it takes to make this one better place, let's erase the wasted take the evil out the people, they'll be actin right cuz both black and white are smokin crack tonight and the only time we chill is when we kill each other it's takes skill to be real, time to heal each other and I know it's seems Heaven since we aint ready, to see a black president it aint a secret of a sealed up fact penetentiarys packed, and it's filled with blacks but some things will never change tried to show another way, but ya stayin in the dope game now tell me what's a mother to do? being real don't appeal to the brother in you - yeah - You gotta operate the easy way - I made a G today - but you made it in a sleezy way sellin crack to the kids - I gotta get paid - well hey, well that's the way it is chorus talking ... we gotta make a change it's time for us as a peopl
Old 06 Apr 2005, 11:27   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

yea i kinda did start getting blood claws and i have a missile on my rhino,took out a difiler,for real it had been pestering me for three turns

"NO, for me"

wiseman-James Blunt
Old 06 Apr 2005, 11:54   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

1000 pts...well, you need 2 HQ's, so your vennie dread is obviously HQ one. so for number 2, you'll need something cheap. i recommend a battle leader with frost blade and bolt pistol. just chuck him in a claw squad, and you're rockin'. just use the rune priest mini

as for troops and elites...scouts, obviously . seeing as you lvoe 'em so much. my personal fave setup for scouts is4 scouts, two armed with 2 plasma pistols, one with meltagun and a leader with thunder hammer and plasma pistol. easy, and it can slam most things that crosses its path, especially when they OBEL

beyond that, you probably only have the pts for about 3 squads, and its up to you as to how you mix it up. just remember tho, as its a campaign, you don't wanna go too light on grey hunters, seeing as more than likely you'll be required to hold an objective

just remember to load all your squads with power fists . as many as they can take. you wanna be able to slam anything that gets in your way

"Well, a gathering is brie, mellow song stylings; shindig, dip, less mellow song stylings, perhaps a large amount of malt beverage; and hootenanny, well, it's chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny." Oz (Buffy, episode 2, season 3)

"I don't like coke, i just like the way it smells" Unknown

"and in the words of our lord and saviour, jesus christ, **** you if you can't take a joke" The Glass House
Closed Thread