Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Tank shock and no where to go...
Closed Thread
Old 01 Jan 2008, 19:56   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 89
Default Tank shock and no where to go...

Ok for starters I have been through the rule book looking into movement, tank shock, moral tests for falling back, and the FAQ. I wouldn't be asking if I could find a ruling. In all other cirqumstances so far, if a unit is forced to move, and has nowhere to go (as in blocked by impassable terrain or enemy units) it is destroyed.

My question is:
If a unit is in the same condition as above, is tank shocked, and passes their moral check but fails to stop the tank shock by a one shot kill. Is the unit summarily destroyed because it cannot give way to the incoming tank?

I would assume so because of the way falling back works but there is no official rule that I know of.
Gamekanik is offline  
Old 01 Jan 2008, 19:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HULL- UK
Posts: 5,130
Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox
Default Re: Tank shock and no where to go...

Yes because if you fail to stop the tank in death or glory than you automatically break,

you say your going to shoot the tank before you make your Ld test,
__________________


Dezart Fox is offline  
Old 01 Jan 2008, 20:03   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: VA
Posts: 89
Default Re: Tank shock and no where to go...

assuming you do not try the death or glory, and simply pass your moral test. wouldn't you still need to move out of the way but not be able to? and thus destroyed?
Gamekanik is offline  
Old 01 Jan 2008, 20:17   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 954
Send a message via MSN to Esque
Default Re: Tank shock and no where to go...

There is nothing to do. If you are forced to move, and you cant, because to run into the enemy or a wall, you die.

Nothing left than hoping your rocket launcher would do the trick...
__________________
Esque is offline  
Old 01 Jan 2008, 20:49   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HULL- UK
Posts: 5,130
Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox
Default Re: Tank shock and no where to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamekanik
assuming you do not try the death or glory, and simply pass your moral test. wouldn't you still need to move out of the way but not be able to? and thus destroyed?
This has been asked before I think, I'm not sure, but if they pass and there trapped then I think they're still destroyed, other than that they both just stop short of 1" away from each other.
__________________


Dezart Fox is offline  
Old 01 Jan 2008, 21:10   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fort Collins Colorado
Posts: 882
Default Re: Tank shock and no where to go...

It has been gone over many times.

If the unit fails the moral check it is destroyed.

If it passes than the tank stops an inch in front of the unit.

I'll try to find the FAQ that explains this.
__________________
When you wish upon a star, your wish may come true. Unless that star is a meteorite hurtling towards the earth. In that case you're just screwed; unless you wished for death by meteorite.
Commander_Vimes is offline  
Old 01 Jan 2008, 21:12   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HULL- UK
Posts: 5,130
Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox
Default Re: Tank shock and no where to go...

Sounds like the better option to me!, otherwise it'd be an unfair cheesy tactic.. hmm..
__________________


Dezart Fox is offline  
Old 02 Jan 2008, 08:34   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El
 
The Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,208
Default Re: Tank shock and no where to go...

Actually their is nothing in the BGB that says the unit is destroyed, IIRC. It may have been an unofficial FAQ on the old GW boards, but the answer was that you either move the model behind the vehicle, or the vehicle stops right before the models (one of those 2, can't remember witch). I'd agree with the idea that the unit is destroyed, it just logical, but quite simply it isn't as nothing in the BGB says what happens to a unit that can't make way. The only thing we know is that a model that chooses to do death or glory can potentially die, thats it :-\.
__________________
The Orange is offline  
Old 02 Jan 2008, 12:36   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dublin
Posts: 850
Default Re: Tank shock and no where to go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Vimes
It has been gone over many times.

If the unit fails the moral check it is destroyed.

If it passes than the tank stops an inch in front of the unit.

I'll try to find the FAQ that explains this.
Wait... What are you saying? If the tank-shocked unit passes their morale test, the tank must stop? That's new... Where does it say so?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiznti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Oh God, not that deamnohunters! :P
Who else would fight Choas with Palasma weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
My Shas'O, I picture as an old grizzled war vet. However, he has a bit of a gung-ho streak. Think Sun Tzu meets Yeosemite Sam
Solarius Scorch is offline  
Old 02 Jan 2008, 12:37   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HULL- UK
Posts: 5,130
Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox
Default Re: Tank shock and no where to go...

That's if the unit passes their check.
__________________


Dezart Fox is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tank shock? 345kv Tau 3 08 May 2009 11:15
Eldar Tank Problems - Tank Shock Faolin Tau 21 09 Apr 2008 03:11
Tank Shock magnesium Tau 25 17 Jun 2007 18:42
Tank Shock TauCaptain Tau 46 11 Aug 2006 20:12
tank shock ? frankthetank Tau 28 15 May 2005 18:03