Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

"And They Shall Know No Fear"
Old 31 Dec 2007, 22:44   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Khalastas
Default "And They Shall Know No Fear"

Heya all,
I was versing a SM player yesterday and he used the trait where the army gains And They Shall Know No Fear. He told me this passes ALL leadership tests, including pinning and falling back. Did he cheat?

Thanks, and my deepest apologizes to the forum members and moderators if this is the wrong forum,
-Khalastas
Old 31 Dec 2007, 22:59   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: "And They Shall Know No Fear"

this "trait" allows his marines to regroup and they do it automaticaly. What you said implied he would be fearless...which isnt the case....his marines can still run like girls.

introduce him to the "you shall know no armor save" special rule.
call it even.

Whether this was blatant, or you played a new space marine player, be sure to read the 40k rule book, as it is not covered in the space marine codex.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2007, 23:33   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Speaking of fear, is it possible for a whole space marine chapter to have arachnophobia? I mean, they fight everything, but if they see a spider, they cower in fear or something...
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2007, 23:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

Ouch. Looks like you got burned...

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2008, 00:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Speaking of fear, is it possible for a whole space marine chapter to have arachnophobia? I mean, they fight everything, but if they see a spider, they cower in fear or something...
*sound of bolter cocking*

Do I smell heresy?

No Pity No Remorse No Fear
[hr]
"All we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."-Edgar Allen Poe
[hr]
[quote=Earring (Busy Destroying the World)]
Don't worry too much...remember...females can smell fear
Malchior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2008, 01:52   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, everyone hates a defiler...so yes space marines have arachnophobia.

its under tough guy stereotype 3

the tougher you are, the wimpiest thing your scared against.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2008, 21:07   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi
Well, everyone hates a defiler...so yes space marines have arachnophobia
well not me nice rear armour means the simplest pulse rifle shot kills it so i love defilers
AND
yes he was cheating the SM know no fear rule is that they are not fearless (if he says they are there is a rule forcing the loser if they are fearless to take 1 save per 1 of your guys so if example you took 32 gaunts and somehow they killed 1 gray knight and the GKs killed no-one the Gks would have to take 32 saves) the know no fear rule means they marines regroup automaticatly even if under half strength (also i think it works if you are under half strength)
Agreed; the Dark Kin get Dark Matter cannons, whereas those limp-wristed Craftworlders presumably power their Bright Lance, and all their weapons, through homosexual lusting. How else do you explain the Vibrocannon looking (and functioning) like some giant space-dildo? >
i dunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2008, 23:22   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by i dunno
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi
Well, everyone hates a defiler...so yes space marines have arachnophobia
well not me nice rear armour means the simplest pulse rifle shot kills it so i love defilers
AND
yes he was cheating the SM know no fear rule is that they are not fearless (if he says they are there is a rule forcing the loser if they are fearless to take 1 save per 1 of your guys so if example you took 32 gaunts and somehow they killed 1 gray knight and the GKs killed no-one the Gks would have to take 32 saves) the know no fear rule means they marines regroup automaticatly even if under half strength (also i think it works if you are under half strength)
No no no no no! That is not right at all! You don't take 1 save for each point outnumbered by, you take saves based on the degree you are outnumbered by. Re-read your Rulebook.

And ATSKNF does not mean they "regroup automatically". There are several exceptions where ATSKNF will not allow you to rally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2008, 03:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'La

Like when an enemy unit is close by? Haha, just run a falling back unit off the board if you're close to them and they're falling back. They won't stand a chance. Thats one of the biggest kicks in the teeth to a marine player. Get something insignificant to do it too. Its pretty great. Run marines straight off the table with drones off of a devil fish.
Old 02 Jan 2008, 05:34   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Khalastas -> Yep, you've got bamboozled. There are some marines that are fearless but I can assure you, thats not a general rule.

ATSKNF simply says, if the "emperor's finest" were to run like girls they do not have to roll to attempt to regroup. Mind you that ALL the regular rules about regrouping do apply to them, except the rule of half strength. So if the unit is on the run but then has a chance to regroup it will do it automatically.
If its not able to regroup because of someone is not letting it, they will continue running until they have a shot at regrouping.

Hope I helped. ^_^

Walk Tall everyone!!!!!

- What man is a man who doesn't make this world a better place?
- Definitely, mostly not about the girl.
- I should only kill people after I get to know 'em?

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.php?topic=53661.0 “TAU customizations” Project
Red_dog is offline   Reply With Quote