Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Help with army choice
Old 31 Dec 2007, 09:06   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Default Help with army choice

I have a 500+ Tau force, 500p painted. I want to have another army on side of my Tau, i will expand my tau when i have played with them so i know what to expand with. I can't decide witch army i will start with. :-\

Necron : I like the survibilty of necrons and they looks cool and easy to paint, tau takes long time to paint.

Daeomon hunters : i think it seems nice with storm bolters on the basic troopers and good stats, but i don't like painting metal so much. I would have imperial guard tanks for my aid, i like big ordnance weapons.

Chaos : i like the looks of thousands sons but i don't know much about these guys, in my view they seems to be like space marines?

Imperial Guard : like tanks much, but i think i would get tired of painting so many conscripts.

Orks : look cool... Whaag!

Convince me !!

necrotic97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2007, 13:35   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Help with army choice

IG can be used as Tau Auxillaries. I dont fancy the idea, but its your decision.

Id go Orcs...
executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2007, 16:47   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Eldar, in my opinion. If I ever finish painting my tau army, my next choice would be Eldar.

They're colorful and have some cool models.
*Doh!-Nuts DarkWand3r3r Msg Player 04-08-2009 17:51:32
Moral of this story... in real life or in a pen and paper game... do not piss off Delpheus or he will OMGWTFBBQPWN your face with a uber hit.
DELPHEUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2007, 16:59   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

Orks: Very fun and one of the most versatile armies out there. We're [Orks] are about to get a ton of new models too, many of them absolutely awesome looking. If you like to convert things, this is the army for you.

IG: If you like tanks, but don't like painting hundreds of little guys (strike against orks), then maybe you ought to do an Armoured Comapny or Armoured Battlegroup. The Armoured Company list is free and you can get it off the IG page on GW's website while the Armoured Battlegroup list is only found in Forge World's Imperial Armour vol. 1. Both have a ton of tanks rolling around the battlefield, supported by a handful of squads of Stormtroopers. They look rather fun to play. You wouldn't have much to paint, either...

But in the end, it's your decision to make based on what you want to do. Don't let us make it for you.

Best of luck deciding,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2007, 18:47   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Ducky
But in the end, it's your decision to make based on what you want to do.* Don't let us make it for you.
He is right, go with the army you would prefer in all aspects of the hobby (and if that just so happens to be Necrons so be it.)
Death Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2008, 10:01   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Can u play Armoured company or Armoured battle group in small games such as 500p 750p or maybe 1000p. Because my friend i play with have 2 500p army's and he could make a 750 with adding a land raider. Is those Armoured company or Armoured a list or a army? i don't understand Sorry, is it only imperial guard suggestions of army lists? And i like reading in a codex so it is a minus if I have to read them over internet.
Necrons have so few models so i don't think they are so funny in small games, just a couple of warriors and a lord.

I like to paint but when it takes so long to make a squad it gets boring, the tau warriors took like 40min/each and i didn't highlight them, so i am slow... And i will maybe have to highlight them later.

I think the ork trukk looks cool but i when i looked in my friends rulebook, the shoota boyz had 2 BS?? I don't know so much about them exept that and they have much melee boyz. And Grazkul thraka(don't know the name, sorry) looks almost to cool.

I could also be tyranid, forgot about them, i like their big guys but not their gaunts :-\ I love The winged Hive tyrant

i hate when i like more than 1 team>>
Old 01 Jan 2008, 10:20   #7 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I have been thinking, i think it leans to imperial guard, can u have transports to the standard troops? and can the transport shoot good? or can the soldiers shoot out from it?

can i have 2 transports and a tank in a 500p game?
Old 01 Jan 2008, 11:41   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

yeah you can all you need is two troop choices a officer for the troops and a main command group
also with the transports being only 70 points then weapons on top but the chimeras will get torn down by pretty much all S4+ guns on the side and rear armour so for a chimera with a heavy bolter turret mounted and a hull mounted heavy bolter the basic squad with a flamer and a lascannon is only about 160 points
Agreed; the Dark Kin get Dark Matter cannons, whereas those limp-wristed Craftworlders presumably power their Bright Lance, and all their weapons, through homosexual lusting. How else do you explain the Vibrocannon looking (and functioning) like some giant space-dildo? >
i dunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2008, 13:01   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I started Chaos just prior to the new codex and would advise you to take an Army either with a new codex or one with a codex just about to come out. That way you aren't buying units that are about to be nerfed or changed in a way that work for your army design a few months after you buy them.
dave_1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Jan 2008, 17:28   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I have changed my mind again :P But now i am for sure, i'm going with the orkses. I think they got a old codex, will they have a new soon? i was thinking of alot of trukks with boys with sluggas and choppas. Can the trukks transport other units when they have disembarked the trukk boyz?
if there are coming a refresh to the orks, will the standard ork boys be replaced?
if the basic ork boyz models will remain i will go with the orkses.

Thank you guys.