Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Packaged Campaigns (player made)
Old 29 Dec 2007, 01:10   #1 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Packaged Campaigns (player made)

I'm going to begin coming up with something I'm calling Packaged Campaigns which will be online supplies for TO members to download in order to play with their friends. The whole idea for this is that now that Golgotha is done there will be some extra things you can do with your time.

Think of Taros or the Struggle for Vor'anoth and you basically get the picture although there will be more 'fluffy depth' which those campaigns lack including fluff write ups of prehistory and the result of the actions that took place.

If you've been working on an idea, or you have a few friends who are eager to play a quick campaign- post here and I can begin compiling info to build a Campaign around.

In addition- I will also be trying something 'new' just an idea i'm playing around with. Instead of the 'armies legion' that every campaign has- i would like to make a short campaign where there will be finite numbers of troops, resources, and heroes. Each unit wiped out and death reported will actually effect the way a campaign goes- but makes it a little trickier (obviously) so let me know what you think. (An example of this would be; Imperial player has 10,000 points to draw from but Space marines only have 2000 points- but will have extra rules to make them what they are... angels of deathydoomdoom...doom)
Old 29 Dec 2007, 01:38   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Packaged Campaigns (player made)

Hmm, what if we have our own Campaign packets? I've been working on something similar, though without any clear goal in mind.
Old 29 Dec 2007, 02:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

i'm never above incorporating my work into other projects, and vice versa- let's see it

calmsword34@yahoo.com

or PM the stuff.

~good hunting
Old 29 Dec 2007, 10:58   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

It seams that you guys should be part of the Tau Online Campaign Committee. Together it is much easier to share skills and organisation.

The 'packet' idea that you have I guess refers to small scale perhaps one or two week campaigns which involve a single army for each player. This is listed at the beginning and the player can only play with models from this lists, however once a model 'dies' in a game it maynot comeback in a future game.

The committee debated this idea 9 months ago, however at the time we felt it too complicated to enact on a large scale. However I presume the scale you are looking at here is similar to the scale of a Community Battle?

If that is so it should be relatively easy to build in. I am pretty sure that we will be able to draw resources together to create a backstory for a planet and then this planet can be the ground for every campaign of this type, perhaps running 3 or 4 times a year allowing players to write the fluff of a planet.

If are interested in making this a reality then PM me or if you have access make a thread in on the Committee boards.

Thankyou,
Genmotty
Genmotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2007, 16:00   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

hey gen- i'll start working with the TOCC then.
Old 29 Dec 2007, 17:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Heres me and my friends campaign we are going to start:

Blood Forge:

The blood ravens have had a small force to take out a bok'arn force rapidly expanding in size, but these marines have recently learnt the ways of the tau and can combat their ability well.

The Tau want this as another 3rd sphere expansion, but the maarines are willing to give all of their lives to hold Friege (For'go).

The marines have minimal forces but they have special rules such as feel no pain and preffered enemies Tau.

are space elfs. Of course their boots never get dirty, their stuff won't get dirty, their weapons won't get dirty, their hair won't get dirty, the aspect warriors won't get dirty, and their women won't get dirty - which is also why they are a dying race. ^-^
Farseer_Del: It was some idiot wandering in and mashing his face into the keyboard by the look of it
()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
shas ek denekai eart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Dec 2007, 17:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

This last autumn and winter the community here (in Trondheim, Norway) have been working on a campaign that we will be kicking off sometime in january/february.

The planning for the has come along pretty nicely, and so far 16 players have delivered lists for the campaign.

I have pondered if I should ask in this forum for help, as none of us have english as our first language, and I want it to be as good as possible. I'd be very happy in anyone wanted to take a look at what we have so far. And if it spawns ideas in others -thats great!

Please let me know if anyone wants to take a look?

Rune
Nanostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2007, 11:57   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I came up with a similar idea, but on a smaller scale. It was a map based campaign, where each side had 3000 points. You could divide that into any legal army from combat patrol --> 3000 points. You would then have a token for each force, and move them across the map, taking territories. When two opposing armies met they fought. This could mean your 1000 point list runs into an 1850 point enemy list. After turn 3 the smaller army was allowed to retreat. All casualties taken during the mission would roll on a D3. 1=dead, 2=wounded and sent back to the main base, 3=ok. I still haven't tried it, but I think it would work.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2008, 00:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I played one just like that. 5500 point starting lists though, with resources so your armies actually grew. The maximum army size if you got all the right roles and controled all the resources was riduculous, something like 120,000 points!
Old 03 Jan 2008, 11:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoutfox
I came up with a similar idea, but on a smaller scale. It was a map based campaign, where each side had 3000 points. You could divide that into any legal army from combat patrol --> 3000 points. You would then have a token for each force, and move them across the map, taking territories. When two opposing armies met they fought. This could mean your 1000 point list runs into an 1850 point enemy list. After turn 3 the smaller army was allowed to retreat. All casualties taken during the mission would roll on a D3. 1=dead, 2=wounded and sent back to the main base, 3=ok. I still haven't tried it, but I think it would work.
Wow, that's like... the exact same thing I had come up with on my own. Craziness. Some additions I had thought up:
- Completely mechanized forces can move extra territories per turn.
- More complicated engagement rules (if one force overwhelmingly outnumbers the other, then the larger forces plays under escalation rules; the smaller force can begin to withdraw once both sides have an equal number of forces on the battlefield.)
- Territories gave you bonuses.
I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote