Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Codex woes? (Quality issues?)
Old 25 Dec 2007, 00:33   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Codex woes? (Quality issues?)

I have purchased 2 of the 3 latest codices (Eldar, Chaos) and both seem to be falling apart on me. The Eldar codex bleeds black ink from the large pictures onto the opposing pages and the binding is coming undone. The Chaos codex (which I've had for about a month) is already looking very worn with the binding and several pages are threatening to escape.

Now I'm fairly decent with my books. I read them a lot - but I store them in a hard case to protect the corners and such. Is anyone else having quality issues with their codex?

Thanks,
Em
Farseer_Emlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2007, 00:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Codex woes? (Quality issues?)

I dunno, a friend of mine has the Eldar codex and it is fine, been beat up a lot but still looks ace. All of my codexes, even the recently purchased ones, are fine.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2007, 00:41   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I have the New chaos sm dex and i have to say : the binding is horribly done, it is coming apart and i only had it for 1 month. The ink is also ''dripping'' from the big pictures but not alot. far from what you are describing.

Mind you that i am really nice with my books. My ork,Dark eldar and space wolves books are fine. My newer stuff like Ig, Nids 3ed marines is fine.
Tyranids 1 / 0 / 0
Imperial Guard 0 / 3 / 0
Orks 1 / 0 / 0
levincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2007, 00:50   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Really? I have all the new codecies apart from the Dark Angels one, and they're all in as new condition as they were when I bought them. Even my Dark Eldar (original edition) codex is fine.

There is a scuff on the bottom of my 3rd Ed rulebook. But that's the only damage on any of my books.

And yes, I do read them =)

With regards the binding, do you bend them all the way around? If you do, that'll be what's killing your books. If not? I have no idea.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2007, 01:10   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'm in the same boat as Farseer Emlyn. I took good care of my Tau Empire codex, but the bidding has crapped out, to the point that pages have come out. I'll have to get it rebound, I guess, or just buy a new one. It's not too cool.
I picture the Ethereal looking out the window of the Devilfish from his seat: "Hey this isn't the way to Applebee's?! Where are you guys taking...Aw man, a battle?! Aw, you guys are total dicks, I swear! I'm still wearing my bathrobe! Can I at least have a gun? What do you mean you don't have any extra? What should I do, hit Khorne Berzerkers with my symbol of office? Man, you're gonna be sorry if I die... dicks."
Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2007, 01:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Interesting... I've never seen anybody have any of these problems.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2007, 02:57   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

I have all three (Eldar, Dark Angels, and Chaos), and they're all holding up just wonderfully. Could be a bad batch of printing, or something environmental.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2007, 14:51   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

My Tau codex is torn, but have been faithfully held together by tons of tape. But it is not exactly caused by the binding , it is because one kind decide to read my codex without my permission and his brother and him fought over my codex till it tore apart by them. After that the pages slowly falls apart, but nothing cannot be fixed by tape.

My new Chaos codex is doing just fine for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Dec 2007, 17:38   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I've been very bad to my WH40K books, and they still look mint. It's probably this Irish climate.
Originally Posted by Tak'Ukos
Oh God, not that deamnohunters! :P
Who else would fight Choas with Palasma weapons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Ead
My Shas'O, I picture as an old grizzled war vet. However, he has a bit of a gung-ho streak. Think Sun Tzu meets Yeosemite Sam
Solarius Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2007, 14:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

My Tau Empire codex started falling out about a month after I bought it. However, my friend who bought the same codex from the same store book is perfectly fine (although we bought them at different times).

They see him rolling,
They hating,
Patroling and trying to fix him with a dark lance,
Trying to fix him with with a dark lance
Trying to fix him with with a dark lance
Fix him with a dark lance,
Try to fix him with a dark lance.

(rap)
Rolling up 'cos I'm a Space Marine,
Heavy armour so it ain't hard to be seen, I ride, ride and they see me lean, Soritas and a TV screen, Yeah the Canoness, she likes cola, Mixed in a stolen drone controller, But then I just try to hold her, One smack and great, I'm in a coma
shashui tarik is offline   Reply With Quote