Warhammer 40K Forum

D A M N A T U S - Unofficial Warhammer 40k Movie
Closed Thread
Old 01 Apr 2005, 16:02   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to MalVeauX
Default D A M N A T U S - Unofficial Warhammer 40k Movie

[sup]Topic approved by GOD[/sup]
[size=12pt]By Inquisitorial Mandate, it is my priviledge to inform all you 40k fans that people just like you, have come together and for the past few years, worked hard to create a real movie based on Warhammer 40,000. It is aptly named DAMNATUS.[/size]

[size=12pt][/size]

The movie is finally being released this year and the trailer and soundtrack is available on their website. If you're a fan of 40k, you'll no doubt want to see this film! Also, this soundtrack is the full soundtrack, made available for all for free! It's actually good so enjoy (note: it's 120 megs, MP3 format).

If you already watched the trailer or know any other information about this Film, please post and include it here, or just any comments in general!

--Mal
Old 01 Apr 2005, 17:00   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Commissar Elvis Send a message via MSN to Commissar Elvis
Default Re: D A M N A T U S - Unofficial Warhammer 40k Movie

Grab it up before GW slaps them with a copyright suit and shuts them down! ;D

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, cross the Kosmos, 'ere we go, 'ere we go, throo infinity.
Don't know where we're goin' til we get there. 'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!
Old 01 Apr 2005, 17:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Actually, they're ok with GW. They did their appropriate homework

It they make any kind of money, GW will buy them out no doubt, which might be a good thing to get their budget up to help make another, or something else.
Old 01 Apr 2005, 17:16   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Commissar Elvis Send a message via MSN to Commissar Elvis

I just watched the trailer. HOLY COW is that awesome! For me, it being in German just added to the lurvliness. My German is REALLY bad, but I can understand a lot more than I can speak, hence I got a good bit out of the trailer. Der Feind ist Hier! Ooooh, chills down the spine! And not lame-ass, melodramatic overacting, either. This is cool! I want the whole film (but I want it subtitled :P )!

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, cross the Kosmos, 'ere we go, 'ere we go, throo infinity.
Don't know where we're goin' til we get there. 'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go!
Old 01 Apr 2005, 17:36   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yea, I know a few people who are going to order there's ASAP, and I'll end up borrowing it or at least getting a good word that it's worth it, before I do it. It looks too cool though. I had seen a lot of pictures floating around in rumor websites with guys in power armor and other things and everyone just pointed towards the movie, so it ended up not just being another dead-end "would be" project, and actually came to life and is almost done I'm impressed at least!

Very cool though I don't understand German at all, so maybe I can get it in English or French
Old 01 Apr 2005, 17:49   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Shovah Send a message via MSN to Shovah Send a message via Yahoo to Shovah

IN the trailer was that one girl in the rope a eldar? She had a little runes thing that she was holding, and at the end her eyes glowed. I she eldar here! Is there going to be space marines?

"... and if machine spirit is not roused, the Lithany of Profanity should be spoken, followed by ritual striking of machine with one's fist. After which, depress the red rune again."

[taken from Adeptus Mechanicus manual]
Old 01 Apr 2005, 18:20   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

There will be all sorts of Imperial stuff. That's the whole point (and the name!). I think even a techmarine, or at least a mechanic will appear too (you can see several images from it on the website, and they show one of the techmarine looking fellows... very cool).

Edit -- Oops! No Space Marines
Old 01 Apr 2005, 18:24   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

i have to say, although impressive i dont really get the story behind it....it looks as if its set now in some abandoned buildings, not in the 41st millenium? any chance i could find a synopsis of what its actually about MalVeaux?

Old 01 Apr 2005, 18:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

42:

This movie will revolve around the Inquisition and the forces of Chaos But there will be small appearaces of the Adeptus Astartes and Eldar!

The 41st millenium is a bunch of destroyed and abandonded buildings However, it's normal people making this with a low budget, so you can't expect them to rent cathedrals to make it look all crazy and ornate.

It's for fans, by fans!

You guys know as much as I do though, I don't know the actual Synopsis of it.
Old 01 Apr 2005, 18:35   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to 42

ahh ok then, i didnt mean to sound picky but i will wait to hear the opinions of memebrs when they have seen it first!

the german speaking makes it all seem very evil and eerie, just like a proper 40k universe should be! (no offense intended to Germans or German speakers!)