Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dedicated transports
Old 14 Dec 2007, 15:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Dedicated transports

This has got to be the area I'm most hazy on at the moment so I was hoping somebody could make it clearer, thanks in advance.

Does a dedicated transport have to stay in coherency with the unit that purchased it? (I presume yes but my opponent never does this because it dosn't say you have to in the rulebook -.-)

If it is immobilized will it be destroyed if the infantry leave it in the same way as a vehicle squadron?

Does the unit with the transport count as a whole unit for shooting purposes or does the opponent pick either the transport or the infantry to fire at?

If they are on unit for shooting purposes, Say if a unit of guardsmen with 5 lasguns and one lascannon hit a unit with 5 fire warriors and a Devilfish, could you claim the lascannon and 4 lasguns hit the warriors and 1 lasgun hit the Devilfish? (Therefore it cannot be destroy)

Damn I am a very confused individual :P Nobody will answer me now because they don't want to read all that
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2007, 15:23   #2 (permalink)
Kai
Shas'Ui

Default Re: Dedicated transports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendak
This has got to be the area I'm most hazy on at the moment so I was hoping somebody could make it clearer, thanks in advance.

Does a dedicated transport have to stay in coherency with the unit that purchased it? (I presume yes but my opponent never does this because it dosn't say you have to in the rulebook -.-)
No it doesn't it operates seperatly (a good example of this is Tau Pathfinders can be deployed on the table whilst the mandatory devilfish starts in reserve in some missions)

Quote:
If it is immobilized will it be destroyed if the infantry leave it in the same way as a vehicle squadron?
It operates independantly so there is no need to 'leave it'. The have to requirement to remain in coherancy with it.

Quote:
Does the unit with the transport count as a whole unit for shooting purposes or does the opponent pick either the transport or the infantry to fire at?
No they do not, and both are subject to target priority checks. So placing the vehicle infront of the squad can either block LOS or force your opponent to pass a target check to fire at the partially obscured squad.

Quote:
If they are on unit for shooting purposes, Say if a unit of guardsmen with 5 lasguns and one lascannon hit a unit with 5 fire warriors and a Devilfish, could you claim the lascannon and 4 lasguns hit the warriors and 1 lasgun hit the Devilfish? (Therefore it cannot be destroy)
Its a seperate target. They can only target the squad or the fish unless they have a special rule to say otherwise.

Quote:
Damn I am a very confused individual :P Nobody will answer me now because they don't want to read all that
Don't worry about it, we all have noob moments. Even those of us who've been playing for most of our natural lives. (now I feel LAME)
Originally Posted by Kai
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Methelas†
The Titan is not a human, therefore has no genitals!
My subtle diagram disagrees with you.
your "subtle" diagram contains Optimus Prime and Proffessor Farnsworth, it's heresy in it's own right!
Any similarities between your reality and mine are purely coincidental...
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2007, 08:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

xD Now I think about it, I could've worked out the answers to most of them If I had been told the first one.
Thanks
Old 17 Dec 2007, 17:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I have a question What if you have 3 Piranhas and one gets immoblised can I opt to destroy it so I don't have to stand still?

are space elfs. Of course their boots never get dirty, their stuff won't get dirty, their weapons won't get dirty, their hair won't get dirty, the aspect warriors won't get dirty, and their women won't get dirty - which is also why they are a dying race. ^-^
Farseer_Del: It was some idiot wandering in and mashing his face into the keyboard by the look of it
()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
shas ek denekai eart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2007, 22:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yes. Simply put..
executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2007, 00:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper King
I have a question What if you have 3 Piranhas and one gets immoblised can I opt to destroy it so I don't have to stand still?
Umm, don't skimmers crash anyway if they get immobilised.
"Okay, my Commisar charges your Chosen squad, that squad of Marines there will open up on the squad of Cultists, my Predator will shoot your Rhino, and, oh yes, my Warlord Titan shoots in the general direction of your army and kills everything. Good game, man."
shaseltulku100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2007, 02:49   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaseltulku100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper King
Umm, don't skimmers crash anyway if they get immobilised.
Not if they didn't move over 6"
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2007, 11:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I have another question
Do you roll for the team and transport seperatly when calling in reserves, or do you roll 1 dice for both the transport and the unit mounted in it
Old 19 Dec 2007, 11:59   #9 (permalink)
Kai
Shas'Ui

I'm not 100%, but I'm fairly sure that you make one roll for them combined as long as the squad arrives mounted in the transport.
Originally Posted by Kai
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Methelas†
The Titan is not a human, therefore has no genitals!
My subtle diagram disagrees with you.
your "subtle" diagram contains Optimus Prime and Proffessor Farnsworth, it's heresy in it's own right!
Any similarities between your reality and mine are purely coincidental...
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2007, 12:04   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

You roll only one dice.

Do you roll sperately for a drop pod and the squad it brings in?
No, they come in together.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote