Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

 

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dedicated transports
Reply
Old 14 Dec 2007, 15:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,295
Default Dedicated transports

This has got to be the area I'm most hazy on at the moment so I was hoping somebody could make it clearer, thanks in advance.

Does a dedicated transport have to stay in coherency with the unit that purchased it? (I presume yes but my opponent never does this because it dosn't say you have to in the rulebook -.-)

If it is immobilized will it be destroyed if the infantry leave it in the same way as a vehicle squadron?

Does the unit with the transport count as a whole unit for shooting purposes or does the opponent pick either the transport or the infantry to fire at?

If they are on unit for shooting purposes, Say if a unit of guardsmen with 5 lasguns and one lascannon hit a unit with 5 fire warriors and a Devilfish, could you claim the lascannon and 4 lasguns hit the warriors and 1 lasgun hit the Devilfish? (Therefore it cannot be destroy)


Damn I am a very confused individual :P Nobody will answer me now because they don't want to read all that
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2007, 15:23   #2 (permalink)
Kai
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manchester - UK
Posts: 666
Default Re: Dedicated transports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendak
This has got to be the area I'm most hazy on at the moment so I was hoping somebody could make it clearer, thanks in advance.

Does a dedicated transport have to stay in coherency with the unit that purchased it? (I presume yes but my opponent never does this because it dosn't say you have to in the rulebook -.-)
No it doesn't it operates seperatly (a good example of this is Tau Pathfinders can be deployed on the table whilst the mandatory devilfish starts in reserve in some missions)

Quote:
If it is immobilized will it be destroyed if the infantry leave it in the same way as a vehicle squadron?
It operates independantly so there is no need to 'leave it'. The have to requirement to remain in coherancy with it.

Quote:
Does the unit with the transport count as a whole unit for shooting purposes or does the opponent pick either the transport or the infantry to fire at?
No they do not, and both are subject to target priority checks. So placing the vehicle infront of the squad can either block LOS or force your opponent to pass a target check to fire at the partially obscured squad.

Quote:
If they are on unit for shooting purposes, Say if a unit of guardsmen with 5 lasguns and one lascannon hit a unit with 5 fire warriors and a Devilfish, could you claim the lascannon and 4 lasguns hit the warriors and 1 lasgun hit the Devilfish? (Therefore it cannot be destroy)
Its a seperate target. They can only target the squad or the fish unless they have a special rule to say otherwise.

Quote:
Damn I am a very confused individual :P Nobody will answer me now because they don't want to read all that
Don't worry about it, we all have noob moments. Even those of us who've been playing for most of our natural lives. (now I feel LAME)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Methelas†
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Methelas†
The Titan is not a human, therefore has no genitals!
My subtle diagram disagrees with you.
your "subtle" diagram contains Optimus Prime and Proffessor Farnsworth, it's heresy in it's own right!
Any similarities between your reality and mine are purely coincidental...
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2007, 08:21   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,295
Default Re: Dedicated transports

xD Now I think about it, I could've worked out the answers to most of them If I had been told the first one.
Thanks
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2007, 17:37   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,229
Default Re: Dedicated transports

I have a question What if you have 3 Piranhas and one gets immoblised can I opt to destroy it so I don't have to stand still?
__________________
Quote:

are space elfs. Of course their boots never get dirty, their stuff won't get dirty, their weapons won't get dirty, their hair won't get dirty, the aspect warriors won't get dirty, and their women won't get dirty - which is also why they are a dying race. ^-^
Farseer_Del: It was some idiot wandering in and mashing his face into the keyboard by the look of it
()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
shas ek denekai eart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2007, 22:54   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 633
Default Re: Dedicated transports

Yes. Simply put..
executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2007, 00:45   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 164
Default Re: Dedicated transports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper King
I have a question What if you have 3 Piranhas and one gets immoblised can I opt to destroy it so I don't have to stand still?
Umm, don't skimmers crash anyway if they get immobilised.
__________________
"Okay, my Commisar charges your Chosen squad, that squad of Marines there will open up on the squad of Cultists, my Predator will shoot your Rhino, and, oh yes, my Warlord Titan shoots in the general direction of your army and kills everything. Good game, man."
shaseltulku100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Dec 2007, 02:49   #7 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,961
Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Re: Dedicated transports

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaseltulku100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper King
I have a question What if you have 3 Piranhas and one gets immoblised can I opt to destroy it so I don't have to stand still?
Umm, don't skimmers crash anyway if they get immobilised.
Not if they didn't move over 6"
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2007, 11:56   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: England
Posts: 1,295
Default Re: Dedicated transports

I have another question
Do you roll for the team and transport seperatly when calling in reserves, or do you roll 1 dice for both the transport and the unit mounted in it
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2007, 11:59   #9 (permalink)
Kai
Shas'Ui
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Manchester - UK
Posts: 666
Default Re: Dedicated transports

I'm not 100%, but I'm fairly sure that you make one roll for them combined as long as the squad arrives mounted in the transport.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Methelas†
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Methelas†
The Titan is not a human, therefore has no genitals!
My subtle diagram disagrees with you.
your "subtle" diagram contains Optimus Prime and Proffessor Farnsworth, it's heresy in it's own right!
Any similarities between your reality and mine are purely coincidental...
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2007, 12:04   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,961
Send a message via MSN to icer190
Default Re: Dedicated transports

You roll only one dice.

Do you roll sperately for a drop pod and the squad it brings in?
No, they come in together.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dedicated Transports Nightmare General 40K 19 30 May 2010 18:05
Question about non-dedicated transports Tetrino General 40K 14 28 Feb 2010 07:55
Transports, dedicated and undedicated Extartius General 40K 10 25 Apr 2008 16:36
Dedicated transports and Markerlights Ka-No-Bushi Tau 26 10 May 2007 23:26
Dedicated Transports Korill General 40K 6 13 Feb 2007 18:24