Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What is your favorite sprue?
Old 14 Dec 2007, 13:22   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via Yahoo to MaddPhish
Default What is your favorite sprue?

You know those times when you open a box and see a certain frame of parts and your mind starts racing with possibilities of things to do with the extra gubbins you won't need for that particular project, or just certain models you simple love to put together and convert? I know for me it happens on two particular sprues.

First off the IG Vehicle Accessory sprue. I just love this thing. It's got all sorts of bits guardsmen would have slung across their vehicles or their backs, and various bits that would just look good around a IG encampment. A variety of weapons grace this frame, including the Heavy Stubber which is truly unique to the Imperial Guard arsenal and just looks like a modern day M2 50. Caliber machine gun. Also it comes with parts for an Officer meant for the tank, but given a set of Cadian legs, he's perfect for a JO or possibly a Veteran officer. Add in a unique Lasrifle with a folding stock, and a searchlight, that looks a bit too big on the tanks, but perfect on the wall of a building or trench for your game terrain and you've got a sprue that almost guarantees to be a perfect addition to the bits box.

Second, the cadian sprue. The standard cadian chest and legs are the basis for a great deal of conversions for me. A simple, and good looking piece of armor on the chest and clean legs with the hem of the uniform shirt ready to be extended into long coats, or just to stay as it is and you've the basis for everything from Ad Mech Skiitari to Necromunda gangers.

In any case, share what frame of peices you like best, why and what your plans for them usually include.
WHOILE FOLLOW EYEZ DA STEDDY KEEL DA VESSUL GRIM AN' DARIN':
BUT O 'ERT, 'ERT, 'ERT!
O DA BLEEDIN' DROPS O RED!
WHERE ON DA DEKK ME KAP'N LIES,
FALL'N KOLD AN' DEDD.

OI KAP'N MOI KAP'N! ROIZE UP AN' 'EAR DA WAAAGH!
ROIZE UP FER YEZ - DA BANNER IZ FLUNG - FER YEZ DA SHOOTA DAKKAZ;
FER YEZ POINTY STIKKS AN' IRON GOBZ - FER YEZ DA GROT PITZ A-CROWDIN;
FER YEZ DEY KALL, DA MOBBIN' BOYZ, DER EAGER MUGZ TURNIN';
OI KAP'N!
MaddPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2007, 15:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: What is your favorite sprue?

Before I read your post I knew what the answer would be, exactly the same as what you said. The Cadian sprue is great and just with a simple head swap they can be changed to guardsmen from different worlds
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2007, 16:17   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

The guard accessory sprue is nice, but for sheer value it's hard to beat the hammerhead turret sprue.

You get 2 SMS pods, an Ion Cannon, a Railgun a Burst Cannon and that turret bit for 6 bucks...

Yeah, you don't get a pile of bitz like the guard one, but the bitz you get are all extremely useful. And it's six bucks!
I'd hate to get on his bad side... >
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiwaz
Fishy has just proved to me that Canadians CAN be scary...
Fish Ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2007, 16:34   #4 (permalink)
SGS
Shas'La

Cadian sprue. I got some and I dont even play guard. Let me make human aux and plastic pathfinders. So mch stuff.

Sale or trade DE wyches, Wood Elf Waywatchers, and more: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,92810.0.html
SGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2007, 18:52   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I like the fire warriors one for the sheer Clean look it has.

are space elfs. Of course their boots never get dirty, their stuff won't get dirty, their weapons won't get dirty, their hair won't get dirty, the aspect warriors won't get dirty, and their women won't get dirty - which is also why they are a dying race. ^-^
Farseer_Del: It was some idiot wandering in and mashing his face into the keyboard by the look of it
()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
shas ek denekai eart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2007, 20:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Chaos tide of spawn sprue hands for its seer volume of bitz. There is no way you can use all of the bitz for the two models it makes which leaves you with a ton of bitz for CSM cnversions. I liked it so much I went out and bought a tide of spawn box just to have more.
Hyena031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2007, 22:31   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

I'm all about the kroot. Four bodies/legs with five heads, six arm styles, and about 25+ miscellaneous decorative bitz that can be used with many different armies, including necron, dark eldar, IG, Farsight Enclaves, Orkz, and more.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2007, 00:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky

I love the current (old?) Ork Boy spruce. As in the one where the shootaz are not attached to the hands yet. The sheer amount of stuff you get is amazing. Shootaz, Sluggaz, gun sights, a ton of 'eadz, armour, ammo, the list goes on!

A few snips and slices and you can make rokkits or big shootaz; add in a paperclip or some wire and you've got burnaz, maybe take some plasticard and you've got a nob or two, turn that choppa upside down to make it look like it's all sneaky and you can make some kommandos, add some extra greenstuff to your boyz and you've got some Skarboyz, add in a few Guard bitz and you've got lootaz, toss in some 'nades and you've got stikkbommaz, et cetera, et cetera.

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Dec 2007, 15:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to trash-candle

the dark angels got some awsome sprues the veteran sprue is so convertable! i've already added mohawks and different armour!

Quote:
players like to represent this act by replacing the model for Lion el'jonson with a bowling ball, and bowling it in a straight line directly towards cypher
trash-candle is offline   Reply With Quote