Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How can i Win!!!!!
Old 13 Dec 2007, 19:35   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to trash-candle
Default How can i Win!!!!!

hi, me and my friend have had many games but i seem to have lost.... *Ehem* all of them :-[

i need to win!!!
so please help, i'll post both our army lists below (BTW: please dont suggest buying or adding something different i'm only going to use models from this list)

My Army: (everything that can has mark of slaanesh)
Lucius the Eternal
5 terminators (one with twin linked lightning claws, one with reaper autocannon, one with chainfist, one with power fist)
7 Standard marines (bolters)
5 possessed
1 rhino (heavy bolter)

His Army:
Dark angels chapter master
1 dreadnaught (Close combat arm and something else???)
5 man command squad
5 sniper scouts
10 man tatical squad
lots of heavy weapons.

thanks, plaese help!

Quote:
players like to represent this act by replacing the model for Lion el'jonson with a bowling ball, and bowling it in a straight line directly towards cypher
trash-candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 20:07   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: How can i Win!!!!!

You opponents list is better. Troops win games not uber units. He can shoot you from a far on his own terms and you can't out gun him in a fire fight, so all you can do is walk across the battlefield and get shot.

Uber characters aren't much good unless they get into combat. And with a single rhino facing off against lots of heavy weapons he doesn't stand a chance.

So what can you do?
Firstly you must roll for mission and level. This gives your force a slim chance of playing in a game they're good at. Gamma level cleanse with you with the first turn is right up your street. 18" with a 12" rhino move, get out behind your rhino and hide from his guns and then assault him next turn is ideal. Recon gamma/escalation is good for you. You can d/s your terminators into his deployment zone. He has nothing that can reach your lines. Escalation games will see his dread kept off the board and your rhino off the board.

In all games (except Alpha level) you should deepstrike your terminators for the simple fact if he doesn't direct some attention their way they'll munch up his battleline. That extra attention he has to spend dealing with them means your rhino and possessed have a turn of breathing space. So first 2 turns of movement waiting for the terminator diversion should be moving your units behind area terrain. Keep them hidden from guns. Then turn 2 or 3 when the terminators arrive break your cover and give him a real problem. He'll have to shoot the terminators meaning your troops can make it across no mans land.

Don't want to buy more stuff and correct your awful list?
Ok instant fix with no cost, but a bit of work. Possessed in the rhino and make a dreadclaw assault pod for your marines. Modified flowerpot with spikes, fins and spikey bits, and deepstrike the CSM unit along with the terminators who are teleporting. This will give your enemy real headaches having the enemy land right on top of him while he is trying to deal with the possessed in the rhino.

Your opponent will have to agree to the use of the imperial armour unit you wish to field though.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 20:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

thanks for the advise, its not that i dont want to change my list, i've just spent a bit to much money lately (what with christmas up coming) and i'm also starting a new army but i suppose i could buy just a few more troops,

sorry forgot to mention,

i have 8 bezerkers in that list as well!!!

and i have a defiler and 10 chosen to paint so if anyone can change my list to accomodate them that could work

Quote:
players like to represent this act by replacing the model for Lion el'jonson with a bowling ball, and bowling it in a straight line directly towards cypher
Old 14 Dec 2007, 10:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

You have just completely changed everything.
remove Lucius and convert 1 zerker to be a lord then, add the defiler.

are space elfs. Of course their boots never get dirty, their stuff won't get dirty, their weapons won't get dirty, their hair won't get dirty, the aspect warriors won't get dirty, and their women won't get dirty - which is also why they are a dying race. ^-^
Farseer_Del: It was some idiot wandering in and mashing his face into the keyboard by the look of it
()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
shas ek denekai eart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2007, 16:08   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

its got to be 1000 points or less, i think that goes over

Quote:
Old 14 Dec 2007, 20:46   #6 (permalink)
Anton

Heya,

Quote:
Originally Posted by trash-candle
i need to win!!!
Okay, with a quick analysis from your list I have drawn a single, vital missing piece in your army... You have no firepower what so ever! Your opponent is out gunning you on a tremendous scale, no wonder your getting beaten back all of the time, he's blasting you're marines apart without any return fire at all!

You need to drop or improve most of your units, but I'll burn some time and guide you through this, okay?
  • As someone who has played countless battles at 1000pts, Terminators are basically forbidden until you reach the 1500pts and above battles, Terminators simply soak up too many points without giving much in return, you should invest more in the Possessed instead, they're extremely underestimated combat units.
  • Lose Lucius, he's just a pimped out, more expensive Chaos Lord and you don't need him. Take a Lord or Sorcerer instead, Daemon Princes are too big and noticeable for 1000pts games.
  • You need to invest points into your Troops, if your'e cheap on your Troops you won't expect much in return. Seven bog standard Chaos Marines for your Troops is appalling, take some Noise Marines! Your a Slaaneshi worshipper! Noise Marines eat infantry for breakfast and are one fierce shooting unit.
  • Get some Obliterators, they have some of the best and most lethal weaponry in the 40k universe, two Obliterators will set you back 150pts but you will have one of the best shooting units available at your disposal.
  • Take a Vindicator, I bloody love them! Indeed they get pummeled with firepower from the word go, but by the Gods is it worth it! You get a direct hit with a Demolisher cannon on your mates Command squad and I can guarantee he will be in tears. The Vindicator is one mean, sexy tank that has one hell of a punch.
  • Give the Rhino to a Chaos Space Marine squad and a Lord/Sorcerer, Rhino's and Possessed don't work, Possessed need to move on foot, I mean what if you get Fleet or Scouts? It would be a wasted ability!
  • In 1000pts games I always, always, always take one Fire Support/Shooting Support squad and one Assault based squad. I do this by taking two Chaos Space Marine Squads, one will Shoot and one will Assault, simple. Give the Assaulting squad a Rhino, stick the Lord/Sorcerer with them and let them loose. The shooting squad always seems to fade away into the background, so place them in cover and unleash a salvo of fire. However you could take a Noise Marine squad instead of the shooting squad, but the shooting squad is always works best with a Chaos Marine squad, Noise Marines can get expensive quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper King
You have just completely changed everything.
remove Lucius and convert ! zerker to be a lord then add the defiler.
That's not very helpful, and can you please work on your grammar, you're making my eyes bleed!

Gareth has made some crucial points as well, play varied and different missions each time, have plenty of terrain and make the deployment zone distances fair. In a straight up fight your army at the moment will always get beaten, he is out shooting you on a scale unknown to any mortal! :P Get some firepower mate! Just because your playing 1000pts doesn't mean you can't afford stuff, you just have to be efficient in the way you spend points. Make sure that when you make a squad that you round there numbers up to an even number, odd numbered squads falter easily and are nigh useless in Victory Point battles or Objective battles. It's not hard, it's just bloody frustrating! I know how you feel, you can't take much in 1000pts but you can make a potent army, just read the points I've made above and don't hesitate to PM me and ask a few more questions, okay?

Old 15 Dec 2007, 08:08   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

thanks allot Anton i have really taken your advise on-board and i think i may keep my new army on hold for now until my Chaos has improved. I really hope you are given some Karma for that, I think I'll buy some new possessed and noise marines today to help build my new list.

Thanks again! ;D

Trash-Candle

Quote:
Old 15 Dec 2007, 11:35   #8 (permalink)
Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by trash-candle
thanks allot Anton i have really taken your advise on-board and i think i may keep my new army on hold for now until my Chaos has improved. I really hope you are given some Karma for that, I think I'll buy some new possessed and noise marines today to help build my new list.

Thanks again! ;D

Trash-Candle
Thank you trash-candle for the positive feedback.

If you're still having troubles with your army, don't hesitate to PM me.