Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Dumb question about characters
Old 13 Dec 2007, 16:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to deraj Send a message via MSN to deraj
Default Dumb question about characters

A friend of mine kept trying to convince me that you can give characters (in this specific case Abbadon) wargear. I am positive that this is wrong, but I'd like you guys to prove him wrong. (Preferably with specific pages in the codexs or the rules book.) I haven't been able to find it yet, so thank you.
deraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 16:36   #2 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via MSN to Jyco
Default Re: Dumb question about characters

Most of the time it is stated with the rules of the Special Character himself. Probably under his stats, it should be one of the first rules you'll find (something like:... he must be used as described below and may not have additional wargear...)

Hope this will help
Jyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 17:12   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

i think 99% of the special characters with names(such as abbadon) can't have additional wargear, anything a character can have will be in his entry

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2007, 05:32   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Send a message via AIM to Dendarien

Quote:
Originally Posted by deraj
A friend of mine kept trying to convince me that you can give characters (in this specific case Abbadon) wargear. I am positive that this is wrong, but I'd like you guys to prove him wrong. (Preferably with specific pages in the codexs or the rules book.) I haven't been able to find it yet, so thank you.
You're absolutely correct deraj. Sorry, but I do not have the new CSM codex. On page 44 of the old codex though it states "He [Abaddon] must be used exactly as described below and may not be given extra equipment from the Chaos Armoury."

While that is from the older codex, I have read the new one and know that this is not changed. I can't remember ever seeing a character who could take equipment from their respective armories.

What I have noticed is that in newer codexes (i.e. Eldar) the print does not say this. But, if you look closely at the character sheets on page 61 of the Eldar book the characters have their equipment listed and it does not say you can take equipment from the armory like an Autarch or Farseer can.

Hope that helps
Dendarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2007, 17:07   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

Exactly. I know deraj in RL, and sadly, also the kid who he is talkinga bout. We were telling him that even though it doesnt say he CANT, it also doesnt say that he CAN. if it did for some reason, it would say "...can only take up to 50/100 points from the wargear" he still insists he can.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Grunt90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2007, 17:21   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Well there is no armoury in the new chaos codex so there's really nothing for Abadon to choose from!

Also what's he trying to give him that he doesn't already have? Abadon is the hardest, nastiest, killiest special character that exists right now. He can walk into an opposing army and slaughter it whole sale without taking a scratch. What more does he NEED?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2007, 17:25   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Grunt90 Send a message via MSN to Grunt90 Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt90

some stupid peice of wargear that when they die, they come back up with one wound or something.

"Horn and hoof, power is there. Not feeble smoothskin, clumsy greenskin, wicked elf-swine. Gor is strong, Gor is true. Gor shall kill all, slay all for the gods!"

Beastlord Gorthor

Survivor of the 06' Battle Royale!
Grunt90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2007, 17:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunt90
some stupid peice of wargear that when they die, they come back up with one wound or something.
Sounds like bionics.

In the latest codex book, the army list section lists each unit individually. It also lists each units upgrades individually.

For instance a chaos lord may have a power fist, a daemon prince doesn't have the option for a powerfist so the daemon prince can't take a power fist.

In Abbadon's unit entry he has no options to take any additional equipment. Instead he has a fixed list of equipment he has to use.

Its black and white, there should be no confusion over the new dumbed down codex style.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2007, 19:07   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Siruk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
Its black and white, there should be no confusion over the new dumbed down codex style.
Aye, but if you've read grunts posts, you will have relaised what this person is a deutsch, thus doesnt even understand dumbed down codexs.

I suggest a quick slap across the face, twice.

Siruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Dec 2007, 20:10   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunt90
We just came to the conclusion that he is a deutsch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siruk
you will have relaised what this person is a deutsch
The word you guys are looking for is douche. Deutsch is the german word for german and is pronounced "doytch."
Arschbombe is offline   Reply With Quote