Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Scale
Old 12 Dec 2007, 22:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Scale

How long is a real-life metre in 40k?
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2007, 22:52   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox
Default Re: Scale

oh god not this again..lol, i don't think there's any precise measurements as none of the figures are to scale and its hard to judge.. eg some weapon ranges just don't seem right if you try to figure it out..

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 00:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

As Timjim said, the scales are completely messed up - a Marine is about the size of a Guardsmen, which is wrong in itself. Factor in the Gun ranges (if you assume 1" = 1 metre), you end up with guns that can`t fire over the street, and so on.
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 01:18   #4 (permalink)
SGS
Shas'La

In the Warhamer 40k universe a meter is a meter just like here and now. In game terms everything is just an abstract set of rules. Relative scale is not in the equation. Look at a rhino transport and tell me where 10 space marines fit. So many inconsistencies......

Sale or trade DE wyches, Wood Elf Waywatchers, and more: http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,92810.0.html
SGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 02:34   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGS
In the Warhamer 40k universe a meter is a meter just like here and now. In game terms everything is just an abstract set of rules. Relative scale is not in the equation. Look at a rhino transport and tell me where 10 space marines fit. So many inconsistencies......
6 sit, 4 stand. Not that hard, I believe that someone once converted a model to prove it can be done.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 08:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

I present to you... The Devilfish. How exactly do you stuff 12 Fire Warriors in that thing. I could see two, maybe four, if they sit. And six if they stuff themselves in. The models aren't to scale at all.
Old 13 Dec 2007, 09:04   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

Stuff five wraithguards and one warlock into a wave serpent.

In fact, the wave serpent is BARELY tall enough in it's interior to allow guardians to sit down.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 09:18   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

I'm asking because I want to build a 40k scale Spectre gunship and its wingspan is something like 40m. Roughly how big is that going to be in 40k terms?
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:55   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I'm not familiar with the Spectre but could you gauge the wingspan off of a different model? In other words, figure out the wingspan of say a Thunderhawk in real-life vs. 40k scale and then adjust accordingly for the Spectre based on whatever ration you come up with for the Thunderhawk?
dave_1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 12:09   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

yeah have a look for specifications of other vehicles, there;s usually ones for leman russ's and such, imperial armour booksa are good, if you haven't got one i've got some, and then figure out scale :P

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote