Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Props to you...
Old 12 Dec 2007, 21:21   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Esque
Default Props to you...

I have spent a few hours since my rearrival here, re-measuring the contents of this forum - the various race-forums with all the 40k tacticas, battlereports and tips - I have said it before, and even though I am aware that its a bit much to create a whole thread for this reason alone, I'll do it anyways: Props to you, the users, the moderators, and especially all you wonderful nerds creating analysis after analysis on how to play the game, win the game, and enjoy the game, most importantly. 40K is a game of mathematics and aesthetics, and there are hardcore believers in both these lanes of interest. Fortunately, they are willing to share their thoughts and experiences here, in an orderly manner and with style, dignity and respect for both gamers and game.

I have seen my share of fora, and this one absolutely ranks among the top when it comes to mood, friendliness, and usability within its field. You know, this may seem obvious to a lot of people, and yea yea we may all be aware of these facts, but thing is these things are rarely really appreciated. So this thread is a salutation to the nerds - the people who do all the work, investigating the statistical crevices and niches of our hobby. You're worth your weight in gold. Its hard work you do, and I hope you enjoy making it, as I certainly enjoy reading it.

For all the great threads Ive been reading today, I post this single reply:

Thank you guys. You made my day.
Old 12 Dec 2007, 21:37   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Props to you...

Absoloutely agreed. This is a wonderful forum with excellent members and fair moderators.

So... Thanks, and you're welcome. ;D
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 12:34   #3 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

I do love it when people praise us for existing :funny:

You're right though, this is one of the best forums on the internet, thanks to the staff and community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 14:04   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Almost comes across as a sly sneaky dig... on the one hand your saying thanks and well done and the other you're calling people nerds.

Not sure how to take your post in all honesty. ???
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 16:03   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Just the hobby in itself is nerdy in my part of the world.

Its kinda weird because I'm not considered a nerd at school, almost the polar opposite, but most of my life I've had a nerdy hobby of some kind. I'd just take it as a compliment and not take the term nerd as anything worse than a label for us 40k hobbyists.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Shades1802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 17:15   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Dezart Fox

i wouldn't call it nerdy.. i'd call it geeky :P i consider myself as a geek.. star wars.. lego.. games etc, nerds like extreme maths, extreme science and generally being smarter than geeks, geeks are smart..

i called my friend a nerd once and sher said 'if i was ten times more spottier and had less friends then i'd be a nerd'

Dezart Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2007, 20:10   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I don't dispute we're all geeks/ and nerds at heart. In fact I tell everyone I play toy soldiers and i'm not ashamed of it.

I'm just not sure the above post came across as sincere to me. I hope it was, its nice to see people appreciated for the their love of something and the effort they put on.
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2007, 08:33   #8 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
I don't dispute we're all geeks/ and nerds at heart. In fact I tell everyone I play toy soldiers and i'm not ashamed of it.
Haha same here, most people don't know what your talking about when you say you play WARHAMMER 40K .Poor souls, A moment of silence for non-hobbyists everywhere :P.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
Shades1802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2007, 08:50   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Esque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gareth
Almost comes across as a sly sneaky dig... on the one hand your saying thanks and well done and the other you're calling people nerds.

Not sure how to take your post in all honesty. ???
But being a nerd isnt a bad thing, necessarily. Einstein was a nerd, mk?
Old 14 Dec 2007, 10:03   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Nerd Means Person with an obbsesion that is NOT Sports or Clothes.

are space elfs. Of course their boots never get dirty, their stuff won't get dirty, their weapons won't get dirty, their hair won't get dirty, the aspect warriors won't get dirty, and their women won't get dirty - which is also why they are a dying race. ^-^
Farseer_Del: It was some idiot wandering in and mashing his face into the keyboard by the look of it
()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
shas ek denekai eart is offline   Reply With Quote