Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

new appocalypse direct deals! 100 terminators!
Old 09 Dec 2007, 21:54   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default new appocalypse direct deals! 100 terminators!

here is the link to gw with all the info...if you have not heard yet, these deals are friggin sweet..... we were wondering "who the hell would buy one of those....really?" we all secretly want them though.

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/s...=10&GameNav=10

here is a breakdown.

TheDeathwing

This package contains enough plastic and metal components to assemble one (1) Space Marine Terminator Librarian, one (1) Space Marine Terminator Chaplain, one (1) Space Marine Terminator Captain, three (3) Space Marine Land Raiders, two (2) Space Marine Land Raider Crusaders, and one hundred (100) Space Marine Terminators. All models are supplied unpainted and require assembly.

it cost $1100! but we added it up and it is seriously bulk discounted.

Kharn's Maelstrom of Gore

This package contains enough plastic and metal components to assemble Kharn the Betrayer
and thirty-six (36) Khorne Berzerkers. All models are supplied unpainted and require assembly.

it cost $80 and any world eaters freak would drool over this deal (you can also switch out kharn for the khorne lord with the giant two handed axe.)

Chaos Annihilation Force

This package contains enough plastic components to assemble one (1) Chaos Terminator Lord and fifteen (15) Chaos Space Marine Terminators. All models are supplied unpainted and require assembly.

it cost $130.... this one is not as attractive as the other two, but if thats what you want...then TCHH, its a bargain.

so anyhow, we are all in awe, and then we figure "might as well throw the sales sheet away, cause nobody will order anything off it"

man were we wrong - we sold 3 world eater sets, 1 chaos termie set, and this morning a guy got the deathwing! he wrote "its just like i dreamed it would be!"

so we are wondering. are these things that are actually in demand, or do we as customers rush to buy them because they are such good deals even though we may not really want or need them.

we dont think that there is a bunch of people sitting around saying "man, i would totally make that khorne army...only if there was some sort of deal i could buy!"

we guess its more like this....... "WOW! look at all those bezerkers! BLOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD" *goes and buys it*

Old 09 Dec 2007, 22:16   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: new appocalypse direct deals! 100 terminators!

So... I'm not sure how to respond. :P

We've already discussed the Deathwing set in the Space Marines board. It's not that discounted. You save about $300, which, while nice, when you're already spending $1100 it's not all that great.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2007, 22:34   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule
So... I'm not sure how to respond. :P

We've already discussed the Deathwing set in the Space Marines board. It's not that discounted. You save about $300, which, while nice, when you're already spending $1100 it's not all that great.
oh sorry, we didnt see it. one thing on what you said though - its $300 off from GW - but with a 20% off discount you get another $220 off - we will go look at the post thats already up
Old 10 Dec 2007, 02:40   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

The chaos terminator set doesn't look too shabby, almost 24% off, and 15 termi's is something that even a normal 40k player could use. The khorne marines is around 25% off, not to bad...if you need that many bezerkers. The DW one though is a bit overboard . A cool idea, but man, who the heck buys that many terminators?
Old 10 Dec 2007, 03:02   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Since I'm just getting into Dark Eldar (after having accumulated a pretty big Tau force), the Splinter Raid Force is great. $125 and you get 16 warriors, 3 raiders, 5 jetbikes, and a handful of incubi and an Archon.
FaithTruthWisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2007, 08:22   #6 (permalink)
Kai
Shas'Ui

I think thats an amazing deal, especially if there are people out there trying to build entire chapters (hey, some people have done it ).
Originally Posted by Kai
Quote:
Originally Posted by †Methelas†
The Titan is not a human, therefore has no genitals!
My subtle diagram disagrees with you.
your "subtle" diagram contains Optimus Prime and Proffessor Farnsworth, it's heresy in it's own right!
Any similarities between your reality and mine are purely coincidental...
Kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 00:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange
The DW one though is a bit overboard . A cool idea, but man, who the heck buys that many terminators?
Ummm... Well *Raises Hand In The Air* I have over the last 3 years purchased about 2/3 of the deal. I wish I had the money, I would buy it anyway as the Deathwing is my favorite army (so much so that my chaos army is 3/4 terminators and my tau army is 4/5 suits... I know, not quite the same thing, but a low model army is fun to play)

In fact the only thing stopping me from buying it as is... is that I don't have that much disposable income right now. If its still around come tax time though...

And consider both the khornate and the chaos terminator box sets purchased.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 00:17   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Orange
The chaos terminator set doesn't look too shabby, almost 24% off, and 15 termi's is something that even a normal 40k player could use. The khorne marines is around 25% off, not to bad...if you need that many bezerkers. The DW one though is a bit overboard . A cool idea, but man, who the heck buys that many terminators?
Doh, double post. My apologies... Can any mods remove this post?
Old 11 Dec 2007, 08:03   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

On another board, a couple of people banded together to buy the DW set - so everyone gets the models he needs at a 20% off.

Besides, IF you want to start Deathwing, it`s a perfect deal - you get all the models you need, can sell off single units of Termies you don`t need.

It`s like an army deal for Deathwing.
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2007, 14:47   #10 (permalink)
Ethereal

I have to say that the Chaos special deals are the best, if not one of the best deals for those who really want to start an army.

I really would like to get my hands on those Chaos Annihilator squads for I need at least 14-17 more terminators (including both Terminator Lord and Terminator Sorceror) to just put into my army. Speaking about that, I hope they do something like a Plague version of the Maelfstrom of Gore as I also need a lot of Nurglite Infantry units. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote