Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Conversion chances
Old 29 Nov 2007, 18:57   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Conversion chances

Which army (excluding guard and chaos marines) can have the best conversions and have quite a few forge world models?

are space elfs. Of course their boots never get dirty, their stuff won't get dirty, their weapons won't get dirty, their hair won't get dirty, the aspect warriors won't get dirty, and their women won't get dirty - which is also why they are a dying race. ^-^
Farseer_Del: It was some idiot wandering in and mashing his face into the keyboard by the look of it
()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
shas ek denekai eart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2007, 19:01   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: Conversion chances

There are no absolutes when it comes to converting; though the first army that comes to my mind which allows you to go conversion-crazy are the Orks. Not only have they loads of minis (FW, too: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/acatalog...E_ORKS_21.html), you can use nearly all IG and SM vehicles, as well...

But all armies are easy to customise, really...

The problem I`d see is compatibility. Orks can use bits from nearly all other armies, whereas Tau, Eldar and Nids are dependent on bits from their own ranges mostly.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Nov 2007, 19:02   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Are any of those models metal (I have a phobia of metal models and will only use them for spcial weapon men no all metal kits.) Also I'm not sure about there tendency to kill everything. Guards are best right?

are space elfs. Of course their boots never get dirty, their stuff won't get dirty, their weapons won't get dirty, their hair won't get dirty, the aspect warriors won't get dirty, and their women won't get dirty - which is also why they are a dying race. ^-^
Farseer_Del: It was some idiot wandering in and mashing his face into the keyboard by the look of it
()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
Old 30 Nov 2007, 13:00   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Guard are best at what? Killing everything or conversions?

Orks can be a very strong list, and with the new codex they are getting a little bit more power.

Both guard and ork can be won with, you just have to be on your toes with either.
JBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2007, 13:21   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

If you want the most opportunities for conversion then I'd say Orks hands down. There are no guidelines on what something should look like, just your imagination. There is a sort of "Orky" look that we aim for, which isn't hard to pull off, but even something not-Orky could easily be explained and accepted.

You want to strap a rocket on the back of a boy and say its a Stormboy, sure! Attach a huge rokkit launcha to the arm of a boy and call him a Tankbusta, of course! Take a Rhino and Orkify it and call it a Looted Vehicle, definitely!

I'm not entirely sure the full Ork line of FW stuff, but I do know that there is some stuff to be had there.
Old 30 Nov 2007, 17:24   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Dat wood be good

Damn you got me doing it well I am collecting guards as my official armies but I was trying to achieve an army I can buy things just to look cool (New Orks Posh Nobs. Blood axe: Les get to the fiht Posh nob: Indeed timothy)

EDIT:I've just been reading ork stuff on the new dex and They don't seem right anymore Mainly because I really wanted to loot a vechile.

()__()
( x x)

dead bunny
Old 04 Dec 2007, 12:26   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Well, you can loot a vehicle, it's just it's not the same as it once was. Where before the vehicle kept its characteristics, just using Ork BS of course, now all looted vehicles follow the same statline.
Old 05 Dec 2007, 15:43   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

If you really want an army to be proud of, go =I=. Customize every model and make them great.
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2007, 15:53   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

My answer: every army!

Orks: Lots of conversions. Put that bitz box to good use.

Tau: If you start a Kroot Mercenary army you'll have lots of options, or if you create Farsight Enclave.

Eldar: Mix High Elf and Eldar bits and create some Corsairs.

Dark Eldar: Some people find their models so ugly conversion is the only option. :P

Space Marines: Create your own chapter!

Chaos Space Marines: See Space Marines, but even more so with all the daemonic stuff.

Imperial Guard: I think Col.Gravis' work sums it up.

Inquisition: Inquisitors and their Retinues give lots of room for converting.

Tyranids: Look up 'Buglands' or 'Hive Fleet Moloch'.

Necrons: Well, these guys are probally the least convertable. But I recall some insane conversions in a White Dwarf a year back.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2007, 19:54   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

For the =I=, don't just stop with the HQs and Elites! Each and every member of the force is a powerful and experienced member- they will have trophies and modifications to their gear.
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote