Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

IMperial Guard BS vs Tau BS
Old 25 Nov 2007, 00:59   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default IMperial Guard BS vs Tau BS

Hello Tau Online, I have a question for all of you out there, why is it that when people talk about Imperial Guardsmen's BS they say how crappy they are even though they have the same BS as a Tau Firewarrior and no one complains about them? Would this have to do with squad sizes? Weapon Options?

P.S. Mods please move this if it doesn't belong here ( I thought it should go here because it is about both IG and Tau, not one specifically).

They see him rolling,
They hating,
Patroling and trying to fix him with a dark lance,
Trying to fix him with with a dark lance
Fix him with a dark lance,
Try to fix him with a dark lance.

(rap)
Rolling up 'cos I'm a Space Marine,
Heavy armour so it ain't hard to be seen, I ride, ride and they see me lean, Soritas and a TV screen, Yeah the Canoness, she likes cola, Mixed in a stolen drone controller, But then I just try to hold her, One smack and great, I'm in a coma
shashui tarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2007, 01:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler
Default Re: IMperial Guard BS vs Tau BS

Plenty of people complain about fire warriors, but about the pulse rifle, not the BS. So I guess it's "weapon options".

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2007, 01:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

well if I had a bs 3 and only had a lasgun, I would slightly complain for a bs 4, even then a lasgun could potentially do thing.

at least with a firewarrior hitting on 4`s means im wounding on 3`s big difference between them.

sorry humans, the imperials dont think you deserve more then a lasgun, so do what all good imperials do, steal the space marines bolters.
pepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2007, 01:25   #4 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
Plenty of people complain about fire warriors, but about the pulse rifle, not the BS. So I guess it's "weapon options".
What is there to complain about? The pulse rifle is The best basic troop gun in the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsi
well if I had a bs 3 and only had a lasgun, I would slightly complain for a bs 4, even then a lasgun could potentially do thing.

at least with a firewarrior hitting on 4`s means im wounding on 3`s big difference between them.

sorry humans, the imperials dont think you deserve more then a lasgun, so do what all good imperials do, steal the space marines bolters.
Ya but Imperial Guardsman are much cheaper and you can cram so many in a single slot plus they can have heavy weapons in their squads.

They see him rolling,
They hating,
Patroling and trying to fix him with a dark lance,
Fix him with a dark lance,
Try to fix him with a dark lance.

(rap)
Rolling up 'cos I'm a Space Marine,
Heavy armour so it ain't hard to be seen, I ride, ride and they see me lean, Soritas and a TV screen, Yeah the Canoness, she likes cola, Mixed in a stolen drone controller, But then I just try to hold her, One smack and great, I'm in a coma
shashui tarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2007, 01:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

I'd say it's fair to assume that Imperial Guardsmen and Tau Fire Warriors have the best accuracy training they can possible have without being superhuman.
Also take note that Tau have slower reflexes then humans, if that means anything.
Old 25 Nov 2007, 02:08   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Sidstyler Send a message via MSN to Sidstyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jingles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidstyler
What is there to complain about? The pulse rifle is The best basic troop gun in the game!
Exactly. We don't "deserve" the best troop gun in the game. Why I'm not so sure, but there are lots of complaints against it anyway.

Quote:
:

Like it was said, bigger squads, with options for heavy weapons.

Warhams is serious business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbeard
Knowing the rules is not WAAC. Bringing tough lists is not WAAC. Acting within the scope of the rules is not WAAC.
Sidstyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2007, 02:44   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
I'd say it's fair to assume that Imperial Guardsmen and Tau Fire Warriors have the best accuracy training they can possible have without being superhuman.
What about Honour Guard Fire Warriors? They have BS4.

"In the nightmare future of the far future there is only war." - Apocalypse
O Y Montyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2007, 02:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Guardsmen could also mean conscripts, who are BS2...

The Tau have much stronger weapons and the options for markerlights, which can get it all the way up to 5. Guardsmen, not so much.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2007, 04:24   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

....so do what all good imperials do, steal the space marines bolters.

You realise the average guy would probably break his wrists if he tried to fire a bolter?

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2007, 04:29   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via MSN to legio mortis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
Guardsmen could also mean conscripts, who are BS2...
No, codex conscripts are usually people who have just been given a gun and pointed to the enemy as a sort of stop-gap measure, like gangers that were conscripted into the Armageddon wars. This is not to be confused with Guardsmen that were conscripted into a tithed regiment. Those individuals would receive the same training and equipment as any other Guardsman.
But seriously, a Guardsman, I'm willing to bet, could a) outshoot me, b) give me the beating of my life, and c) shove more squad-based tactics down my throat than I'd ever care to digest. Guard are hard, hard men. Whether or not GW's inconsistent, Marine-worshipping fluff keeps with that, mkay?

Real men fight in tanks!

sig by Kais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nox
Legio why do I always imagine you shouting when I read your posts? :P
legio mortis is offline   Reply With Quote