Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

What would hurt more?
View Poll Results: What would hurt more?
A shot to the head by a bolter round 1 1.14%
Getting hit with a genestealers rending claws 10 11.36%
Getting hit by a Dark Eldars Raider 22 25.00%
A lascannon hit 2 2.27%
Getting hit by a Broadsides rail gun 1 1.14%
Being Disintegrated by a guass flayer 13 14.77%
Melta gun hit to the groin 8 9.09%
Stomped by a squigoth 5 5.68%
Getting given a Harlequin's 'kiss' 26 29.55%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08 Nov 2007, 09:30   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to fat_tree
Default What would hurt more?

So what would hurt more in the 40k universe? Place a vote of what you think would hurt the most. The most painfull cause of death will be annonced in 30 days. Good luck voting.
fat_tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2007, 09:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: What would hurt more?

Most of these are one hit kills......bolter round to the head would almost literally disintegrate your torso before you even realised it hit you. Railgun's and lascannons would do the same thing times five.

I voted Dark Eldar Raider, because if they weren't shooting to kill (which they probably wouldn't be), then there's a whole bunch of nasty (non - fatal) neurotoxins in those shots. Not only are you in agony for the next few hours, but you get captured by Dark Eldar. Enough said.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty.
- Inquisitor Lord Karamazov

What do you humans know of our pain? We have sang songs of lament since before your ancestors crawled on their bellies from the sea - Eldrad Ulthran
Faolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2007, 09:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

I took the genestealer, because an 'animal attack' doesn't always have a quick end. A lion goes for the jugular, and makes it a quick death, but a genestealer might decide to slash in your belly, and there's nothing more gruesome than putting your intestins back inside your body... (Although giving birth probably hurts more, I wouldn't know.)

'Bernard, do you think I should wash my beard?'
- 'Yes Manny, I think you should wash your beard, and shave it off, staple it to a frisbee, and fling it over a rainbow.'

Me : Pulp Fiction? Please, this amount of blood, can best be compared with 'showdown at the house of blue leaves' in Kill Bill 1.
T-002 : Sweet Charles Dickens, that much? It was a man, you know, not a 15-gallon barrel of blood...
Ineluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2007, 10:01   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineluki
and there's nothing more gruesome than putting your intestins back inside your body... (Although giving birth probably hurts more, I wouldn't know.)
most males ALL MALES don't know what it's like to give birth but the thought of trying to reassemble your insides would be like trying to make a landraider (it took both me and a mate to make his terminus pattern) all messy and annoying.
Old 08 Nov 2007, 10:02   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

I really don't know what to choose.... instagibs aside, there are some horrific things there.

I mean, melta gun to the groin? Thats just sadistic

Harlequins kiss possible, as you get stabbed, have an instant realisation, then your insides are turned to a mush inside your skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2007, 10:12   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
I really don't know what to choose.... instagibs aside, there are some horrific things there.

I mean, melta gun to the groin? Thats just sadistic

Harlequins kiss possible, as you get stabbed, have an instant realisation, then your insides are turned to a mush inside your skin.
Point is, Meltagun to the groin would not only incinerate your family jewels, but the rest of you as well. Most of this stuff IS rather quick and painless...

BTW, there`s a similar thread in the 40K-Universe Board...
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2007, 10:16   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

i went for the gauss flayer.

those thing in no way cause death straight away. they kill you by pulling you apart a mollecule at a time (all be it, very quickly )

doesnt sound like the most comforting way of dying.

2nd vote (and the one i was torn between) is the harlequins kiss - having your insides turned to soup is not a nice prospect either :P
Old 08 Nov 2007, 10:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I'm sure if some harlequins and some dogs teamed up the dogs would eat the stomach soup that the harlequins left :-[.
Old 08 Nov 2007, 11:43   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to Wargamer

Anyone who didn't vote Dark Eldar is wrong. Here's why:

Bolt Round: Instant-kill; your brain wouldn't last long enough to register the hit.

Genestealer: It's got big claws. That does not equate to pain; there are people who have had limbs torn off by sharks, and didn't realise until they saw the blood...

Lascannon: Dead on impact, or down from system shock.

Railgun: As above.

Gauss Flayer: Ranking fairly high, but it seems to depend on the game system involved. Overall, no worse than, say, being hit by shrapnel.

Melta: You'd die, so whilst it would indeed be painfull, you wouldn't endure it long.

Squiggoth: Splat. End of. Not much time for pain.

Harlequin's Kiss: A brief sensation of being stabbed, followed by a very brief sensation of your organs being diced. "Pain" may not be an issue here, as the attack may well destroy your nervous system. It would definately rank highly, so perhaps this one can be forgiven.

Now, as to why the Dark Eldar win; their weapons are the distilation of Satan's love-juices.

The toxins in "Splinter" tech alone are unspeakable. Dark Eldar poisons enhance the neuro-sensitivity of the victim, meaning even a scratch is burning agony. What's more, as is their sadistic nature, some also override the body's natural reaction to shut down, meaning that you are trapped in an agony that is literally beyond what you can physically stand. Their methods are so mind-numbingly sadistic that our language lacks the ability to convey the nature of a Dark Eldar's torture. That is why they, and only they, can be chosen in this question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Norman
"Wargamer is never wrong, Frodo Baggins; he knows precisely the rules he means to."
Wargamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2007, 11:48   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to crazedmongoose2003

Wait, I thought "getting hit by a dark eldar raider" meant like....ya know, getting crashed into by a raider...which would just be an extremely high speed car-crash pain.....

I voted for melta to the groin because I am absolutely terrified of burn pains, I cannot stand them, and completely burning to death is supposed to be one of the most painful ways of dying there is. (um....don't know how they work this out....I'm guessing they're just going by how painful burning is when you're alive)

The other close one was the gauss flayer, but the thing is nobody really knows the pain of a death by decomposition at an atomic level.

But the thing is if "getting hit by dark eldar raider" actually means nasty Dark Eldar weapons then meltas would come a distant second then, because unlike every other weapon here the Dark Eldar one is designed specifically to hurt.

http://forums.tauonline.org/index.ph...c,86474.0.html
crazedmongoose2003 is offline   Reply With Quote