Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Villains
Old 07 Nov 2007, 22:11   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak
Default Villains

To me, 40K is even more a story and a universe than it is a game - and all stories must have heroes and villains.

I write fluff for my army before I build it, mainly so I can dovetail it into my previous armies. Some of you may have seen my stuff on my Tau and Necron armies.

My Tau army's "Hero", Shas'O Shas'etra Vior'ves Kais Ga'lan'd, already has her villain in the shape of renegade general Shas'O Tau'n Ho'lans Kais Ro'tarc, corrupted leader of a Necron legion (if this doesn't make sense, read my Necron background and it should make things clearer).

However, Ho'lans and his army are now on the run and operating separately, he has his "free will" back (or at least, he thinks he does... see the link for more info =P) so he has every opportunity to go out there and find his own "villain" (if we can really call them a villain... Ho'lans is at best an anti-hero).

So I'm throwing this open to you guys to help me choose what race his opposite number's from, and why he and they are drawn into conflict. You can even name said opponent if you like =D

Here are the options:
Orks
Chaos Marines
Space Marines
Eldar
Dark Eldar

Currently my thoughts are leaning towards an Ork or a Chaos Khornate champion who want to best him in combat after seeing him rip through lots of stuff and want simply to be able to say they did it. Dark Eldar could also fit this. As well, I mention in his background how he cut apart an Imperial Fists Space Marine force, so maybe a Fists captain wants to take down this menace.

I leave it in your capable hands =D
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2007, 02:20   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: Villains

Go with the khornite because last Thursday i was playing chaos space marines and his termy lord (no wounds taken until he got in CC also he didnt start in his terminator squad (which deepstriked off the board by 1 in... 328 points ouch)) charged my fire warrior squad he killed 3 but then by the greater good they slaughtered him where he was... as for a name your on your own iv been playing for 8 months and I still cant think of a name for my army.
"Sir, we already burned everything in there...."
"I dont care, SHOOT IT AGAIN! Its the only way to be sure!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyxg
Is it true I can equip a space marine captain with two thunder hammers and terminator armor and on top of that name him MC hammer?
artivis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Nov 2007, 09:07   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

Okay... I'm going for both the Khorne worshipper AND the Fists. Why not =D

Writing some fluff now.
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Nov 2007, 01:09   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Lord Arnell, the Slaughterer of Worlds, Lord of the Blood Wind could always use more enemies :khorne:

Plus it would also allow you to interweave it with some of my fluff if you so wish, although it is quite deep... (I've got 10 armies fluff in it so far, all with their own rivalries and mortal enemies - I've even got two biological sisters duking it out in the fluff ;D)
FTyross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Nov 2007, 13:12   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Yeah- If your O is seeing the corruption of the Tau then Chaos is the enemy.
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2007, 18:33   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

I think eldar would be interesting...as they would want to stop the C'tan gaining power.

Real men read The Strange Gazzet! (PM me for more information)

Thanks to Jais for finding the avatar!
Commander Songblade is offline   Reply With Quote