Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

"Charcoal" foam....where to get in bulk?
Old 07 Nov 2007, 01:26   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Send a message via AIM to Shas-o Y-eldi-he
Default "Charcoal" foam....where to get in bulk?

Instead of a fancy GW miniature case, I lug around a big toolbox on wheels, plus a smaller tackle box for smaller miniatures. The toolbox not only serves as great transport for tanks and other larger miniatures, but has enough room to accommodate all of my tools, paints, dice, and other gaming supplies.

Alas, some of these miniatures are getting rattled around and broken, and at this point I've probably spent more on super glue than miniatures. So I'm wondering where I can find charcoal foam, similar to the stuff present in "real" army boxes. Does anybody have any sources for getting this stuff in custom dimensions?
Shas-o Y-eldi-he is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2007, 02:57   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Re: "Charcoal" foam....where to get in bulk?

I also use a tool box to transport my army. I use a combo of Plano trays for the infantry models with sheet foam for padding , and the foam trays form the army case the GW sells.

But if your just looking for foam the check out a fabric , carpet , or craft store.

I am your lighted way and I am your darkest day. -Godsmack
Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07 Nov 2007, 06:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

I'm looking for similar foam, still haven't checked some foam/craft/fabric stores around here. I use a few tool cases to transport my models, but I still need padding of some sort. Otherwise I'll look at using magnets...
Old 07 Nov 2007, 16:55   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I use a metal Craftsman tool box to carry my Blood Angels around. I don't have any foam in the box. I used a roll of Magnet tape and cut it to fit the bottom of the base. The model stays in place, unless I have to slam on the breaks to avoid someone. The only time I have had models both plastic and metal fall over is if the tool box is either kicked really hard (almost broke my foot running in the house and did not see the toolbox ), or when it got knocked on its side. See slamming breaks above.

JBunny is offline   Reply With Quote