Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Flamer
Old 03 Nov 2007, 20:25   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Flamer

How long is the flamer template and also how wide is it? Do you use flamers? If so how often?
"Sir, we already burned everything in there...."
"I dont care, SHOOT IT AGAIN! Its the only way to be sure!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyxg
Is it true I can equip a space marine captain with two thunder hammers and terminator armor and on top of that name him MC hammer?
artivis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2007, 20:29   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Boneguard Send a message via Yahoo to Boneguard
Default Re: Flamer

I'm not sure if we are allow to give the template 'stat's on this forurm, but yuo could look at the last page of your Rulebook. You do have there an image of all 3 template that you could photocopy and use instead of the plastic one.

For the second bit, No I don't use the flamer...not really a good weapon for Tau since it involves getting ot close to my enemies and I want to keep as much distance as possible between us.

I Invite you to join my collective story and to add to it.

My ascension to GODHOOD
Boneguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2007, 20:30   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Circus Freak

This is just a guess, I don't have one to measure to hand, but about 7" long and 3" wide at the tip. Maybe 8" long. Around that. This bit might get deleted, but I don't think it's a statline or... well. I may as well say it, and if it gets chopped out, it does =)

I use flamers sometimes. It depends what list you're using. With Tau I'd rather have fusion blasters or burst cannons - I'm never so hard-up for points that I'd only take flamers. But with other armies, flamers can be really handy before a charge, or to just aggravate the enemy. Just be careful that you don't kill the only models in charge range!

The only times I'd want to use flamers a lot with Tau would be against a 'Nid swarm, JSJ-ing them with Crisis suits, but I don't think they'd be able to get away quickly enough if they didn't melt the whole unit. So burst cannons would be better for me in that situation, unless I wanted two squads joining in and then we could have a 'Nid barbecue.

And in the next turn get eaten by the rest of the army...
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Circus Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2007, 20:38   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circus Freak
This is just a guess, I don't have one to measure to hand, but about 7" long and 3" wide at the tip. Maybe 8" long. Around that. This bit might get deleted, but I don't think it's a statline or... well. I may as well say it, and if it gets chopped out, it does =)

I use flamers sometimes. It depends what list you're using. With Tau I'd rather have fusion blasters or burst cannons - I'm never so hard-up for points that I'd only take flamers. But with other armies, flamers can be really handy before a charge, or to just aggravate the enemy. Just be careful that you don't kill the only models in charge range!

The only times I'd want to use flamers a lot with Tau would be against a 'Nid swarm, JSJ-ing them with Crisis suits, but I don't think they'd be able to get away quickly enough if they didn't melt the whole unit. So burst cannons would be better for me in that situation, unless I wanted two squads joining in and then we could have a 'Nid barbecue.

And in the next turn get eaten by the rest of the army...
Couldn't you have a flamer and a burst cannon with multi tracker? That would actually be a really cheap model 42 points assuming the circumstances are provided.
Quote:
Is it true I can equip a space marine captain with two thunder hammers and terminator armor and on top of that name him MC hammer?
Old 03 Nov 2007, 20:41   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

I could, and I do ;D
Crikey! This crazy clown causes commotion like the coming of Christ. Contained in a circle corrupted by crackheads and carnal cravings, he creates no concession to callous cheaters concentrating on nought but cock. Certainly, still a curious and cordial cavalier in the countenance of crazed cads, curs and creeps who condemn courtesy as something corny. No cloud could collapse his crushing crescendo of comical crowing and crimson coiffure. This conjecture on culture comes circumlocutive, consequently...

You may call me Circus.
Old 03 Nov 2007, 20:44   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

The flame template is just over 8" long, and just over 2" wide at its widest point.

I use them sometimes, they're tricky to position but hilarious when used right. For my Tau I take two "Deathrain" battle suits, twin-linked missile pods and flamers. Usually they hang back and shoot tanks, however when an enemy unit gets close I have on occasion advanced and used the flamers. This is particularly fun against guard, nids and orks. Its a nasty suprise, but it won't be used often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farseer_Emlyn
Gah! Not a silly Canadian. Can't Falstead ever be wrong?!?!? ;D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe (Autarch Kiardras)
My god.... the sarcasm there nearly shorted out my computer screen Nice.
Falstead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2007, 20:50   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Oh and one more thing if you where close enough to use a flamer do you favor shot or burning every thing until its a pile of molten gel?
Quote:
Old 03 Nov 2007, 20:50   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Both.

You may call me Circus.
Old 03 Nov 2007, 20:53   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Soooo... basically you would rather have a pile of molten gel in a crater with bullet holes its it?
Quote:
Old 03 Nov 2007, 20:57   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Oh yes.

You may call me Circus.