Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Okay - help me to help myself!!
Old 21 Oct 2007, 19:39   #1 (permalink)
Ethereal

Default Okay - help me to help myself!!

Okay, ive been musing over an idea for a heavily converted army for a while now - and just can't decide which. If any of you remember those battle sisters I was planning they went horribly wrong - totally out of proportion and the like.

Okay, heres some the ideas I have floating around:

100% female dark eldar: You heard me... Not a wych cult, but a regular all female Dark eldar army. Maybe I have a slightly twisted imagination, but the image of shiney black armour and pale skin with elf ears really appeals to me. Unfortunately I ain't as skilled as modelling as I am playing so the chances are they are gonig to get shot down into oblivion... But they would look damn good wilst doing it thats for sure!

A space marine scout army: Not just having scouts, but chunkyfying the kit with regular marine parts to provide veteran Scouts, which will basically become Average joe space marines with the Infiltrate ability. And possibly with a load of plasma for the heck of it.

UNSC imperial guardsmen: The regular marines from halo. I know loads of you will be wanting to see one of these at one point, so why not? The conversions are pretty easy, I am only struggling on the helmets, but pig iron productions should be able to provide a solution. The tanks, pelicans and warthogs may prove to be a bit difficult, but I'm sure I could cobble something toggether.

Brother hood of steel army - not quite sure what I am gonig to base this on (space marines are a little too obvious) but I can imagine it now - powered armour men having the worst of the galaxy thrown at them with nothing more than a minigun between them and death. May be stretcging WYSIWYG a bit too much.

Armoured company: Simple. Loads of russes, loads of baneblades. A good safe, ish, choice.

So take a minute to think and let me know!!
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2007, 19:51   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday
Default Re: Okay - help me to help myself!!

I always wanted to do an all scouts space marine army, but at the time it seemed unfeasible to do so on a monetary level (this was long before scout came in plastics). Once I started my guard army (which turned out to be equally infeasible anyways :-\) the idea kind of got tossed to the wayside though. Now that my guard army is practically finished and scouts come in plastics I kind of want to do it again. So don't do that one, I wanna be the only one! :P
Old 21 Oct 2007, 20:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

The problem with an "all-Scouts" army is that it could get illegal - if the CodexA and BA are the new direction, Scouts will be Elite in the next Codex: SM, and it is highly likely that they will get rid of the Chapter Trait system, as well (or at leastw eaken it to a point that you can`t play infiltrating Marines in Troops).

I`d do the UNSC-force - sounds good, looks good, and is probably one of the easiest done, even IF the vehicles are kinda iffy.

Cheers,
-Bone
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2007, 21:16   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by S I L K
A space marine scout army: Not just having scouts, but chunkyfying the kit with regular marine parts to provide veteran Scouts, which will basically become Average joe space marines with the Infiltrate ability. And possibly with a load of plasma for the heck of it.
This is something I've always wanted to do, including Devestators, with rockets or HB's only, made from converted Scout models, simply because the Scout models are so damn nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S I L K
but the image of shiney black armour and pale skin with elf ears really appeals to me.
Good lord, you're as weird as me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2007, 00:15   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via MSN to Shas O Kirua Kais Shi

The UNSC guardsmen sounds awesome. You could field an allied marine squad as Spartans! But the female Dark Eldar sound, well, hot. Tough choice you've got their.
Shas O Kirua Kais Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2007, 00:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
Scouts will be Elite in the next Codex: SM
:O:O:O

Are you kidding me? The whole point of scouts is that they're the crappy version of space marines - without the armor, training, or zealousy. I'll laugh at GW if they do that.

@@Silk:

All-Female DE sounds OK, but hard to do. There're only so many female torsos on the sprues.

SM Scouts - An easier idea, far better if you've got a shallow pocket. Hard to make a list out of, though.

UNSC Guard - Why not?

Brotherhood of Steel - Sorry, don't follow there...

Armoured Company - The very best to have fun with, but you've got to have a bottomless pit of a wallet to create.

Why are you even reading this?
Dorfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2007, 01:35   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constable Dorfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
Scouts will be Elite in the next Codex: SM
:O:O:O

Are you kidding me? The whole point of scouts is that they're the crappy version of space marines - without the armor, training, or zealousy. I'll laugh at GW if they do that.
I'd be pretty surprised as well. The vanilla SM Codex is ment to work for a large amount slightly traited chapters, and keeping Troops Scouts would allow more optons for a DIY chapter, or even existing chapters (Raven Guard Scouts scoping out the enemy for the surprise attack). I thought the reasoning for BA and DA getting Elite Scouts was just fluff - those chapters did not use Scouts as often. (I have no fluff backing this up, that was just my impression).
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2007, 01:51   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Either UNSC or Armoured Company.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2007, 02:54   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

I would have to say the UNSC as well, though you can just use the IG helmets as them, because I'm pretty sure that you are thinking of the Helljumpers with their completely covered heads.

Failing that, Armored Company.
icer190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Oct 2007, 03:01   #10 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to inuyasha1162

ooh! a scout army sounds awesome

I had that idea myself...but...decided on some traitor guard instead.

heh
inuyasha1162 is offline   Reply With Quote