Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

need help with some rules for close combat!
Old 17 Oct 2007, 19:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default need help with some rules for close combat!

OK so i just started playing me and a friend of mine battles small battles too learn the rules and stuff but one thing still haven't got clear yet for me, weapons and attacks, say a model with power fist plasma pistol and say 4 attacks do he attack 4 times with hes power fist? and if a model have two close combat weapons do he then get 2 attacks then? can someone explain how this works too me and who attacks first etc and who starts to shoot? i believe it have something to do with assaulting and initiative plz help
krizztheberzerker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Oct 2007, 20:04   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Default Re: need help with some rules for close combat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krizztheberzerker
OK so i just started playing me and a friend of mine battles small battles too learn the rules and stuff but one thing still haven't got clear yet for me, weapons and attacks, say a model with power fist plasma pistol and say 4 attacks do he attack 4 times with hes power fist? and if a model have two close combat weapons do he then get 2 attacks then? can someone explain how this works too me and who attacks first etc and who starts to shoot? i believe it have something to do with assaulting and initiative plz help

its all covered in the rulebook. you... have the rulebook, right?

OK. who strikes first? rule of thumb. it goes in initiative order (the "I" stat of the model) from highest to lowest. if one unit charges another unit in cover, the unit in cover strikes at initiative 10. unless the assaulting unit has frag grenades or their equivelants.

how does it work in terms of attack? Lets say i have a veteran sergeant with a powerfist AND a power weapon. And he charges into combat. So he's got 2 base attacks, +1 attack for an extra ccw, and an extra attack for charging. He can divide the attacks amongst his weapons. So, 2 p.fist attacks, and 2 p.weapon attacks if he so wishes.

(rule of thumb: look at the number of attacks on their profile. if they have 2 single handed weapons or a special rule like Kroot have, or true grit for example, add another attack. if they charge, add another one.)

If a guy has a plasma pistol and a powerfist, he can use the plasma pistol and pistol whip people, and strike at initiative, or he can use the powerfist and smack people around the place. his choice. he cant shoot the gun in combat though!

"What warriors of men can stand beside the Space Wolves! The Sons of Fenris they are, hardened in the forge of their harsh world, eager for battle and honour. They are the grey warriors, ashen like the wolf, whose greatest joy is to hear the clamour of steel amidst the din of war. None can step before them, they are the first, proud in their strength and jealous of their renown. Through the storms of the warp they come, upon the very tides of terror, but of such dangers they are uncaring. They are the Space Wolves, the Undefeated, the bane of the Emperor's foes."
Deadnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2007, 07:31   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

I thought that you had to choose which (singular) weapon you were going to use? The model has to make all of his attacks at the same time, and choosing to attack with a powerfist makes him initiative 1. You have to chose which one you use...but you still get +1 attack for having two close combat weapons, regardless of which one you use.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2007, 08:57   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff

You choose which weapon you will use. All attacks in the assault phase are commited with that weapon.

So say for some really weird reason you had a power fist and a power weapon and a base attacks of 3.

You charged.

you now have 3 attacks, +1 for charging, +1 for two CC weapon (or CC weapon and pistol). You choose to attack with the power weapon. The power fist has NOTHING to do with the current combat apart from granting you another attack for two CC weapons.