Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

People you play?
Closed Thread
Old 21 Mar 2005, 20:51   #1 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to arguleon-veq
Default People you play?

How many people do you play against, have you played against?

I have 6 friends that i play against regularly.

I also attend a gaming club quite regularly that has many members, i think its something like 150 registered although about 20-30 regulars i think (although not all on the same days).

Plus i sometimes go to one of my two local GW's and play people there.

In all i must have had well over 150+ different opponents.

I am asking as surely it would limit a persons knowledge of the game, how it works, strategic/tactical and general gaming ability if they have only and do only ever play against a few people. So for those that do only play against a few people i implore you to start or attend a gaming club or have a few battles at your nearest GW, it will greatly improve your ability at your prefered GW game.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 21:56   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Location: In my secret lair plotting forum domination....hehe
Send a message via MSN to Tau-killer
Default Re: People you play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arguleon-veq
How many people do you play against, have you played against?

I have 6 friends that i play against regularly.

I also attend a gaming club quite regularly that has many members, i think its something like 150 registered although about 20-30 regulars i think (although not all on the same days).

Plus i sometimes go to one of my two local GW's and play people there.

In all i must have had well over 150+ different opponents.

I am asking as surely it would limit a persons knowledge of the game, how it works, strategic/tactical and general gaming ability if they have only and do only ever play against a few people. So for those that do only play against a few people i implore you to start or attend a gaming club or have a few battles at your nearest GW, it will greatly improve your ability at your prefered GW game.
I have four or five main opponents who I play against. I'd love to join a gaming club but unfortunately I live ages away from the nearest one as there isn't one in the town I live in and I don't have the free time to go the nearest one and play...
Old 21 Mar 2005, 22:22   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Location: On the Outskirts of the Kindom of Daley...in other words, in a Chicago Suburb
Send a message via AIM to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via MSN to stealth_cat_xv88 Send a message via Yahoo to stealth_cat_xv88

let's see...there is 2 people that i play with just about every week, and about 7-8 more that i play on occasion. i'm still workin on getting to crooked hat to play a few games...

can't wait til summer...then the gaming can really start!!!
"Strategy is finding an s-o-b whom you rank and telling him to take a place, and relieving him if he doesn't." ~General George Patton
Old 21 Mar 2005, 22:32   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to wonderboy

i usually play small 500 pt games against my friend at lunch. he plays crons, and i need to start using devilfish

2000 points
1500 points
my army lists.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 23:26   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I have one friend who plays, and we usuually just play with two troops and an hq. He plays tau, so he usually creams me. He's the only person I know that plays, and my 'local' GW is in a town 30 minutes away. And anywho my army isn't big enough yet anyway.
Old 21 Mar 2005, 23:36   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Since I am older 31 I have the ability to get around at least when my wife lets me. I have a good friend I like to play against but we dont get to play all that much. In the raliegh area though I ahve two different stores I like to play opponenets. Both have about 20 players so I play a number of different opponenets though I tend to be playing for the top spot at the end of tournaments against one guy alot but what are you going to do. I also drive to Charlotte on occasion and to concord where the local GW store is to play some. I also used to live in St. Louis and played alot fo the area. I go to RTTs whithin a 3 hour drive around my home so I can meet a number of different folks so I have a wide and varied group of opponents, couldnt even count'em if I tried.
Old 22 Mar 2005, 01:04   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Khaldun

Go to the local gaming store for a tourney whenever I have the time... which is about once every 2 months on avg.

I have 6 or 7 friends who I play against regularly, usually in battles of 1500+

Occaisonally we'll do a home-made campaign, especially during summer.
Old 22 Mar 2005, 04:19   #8 (permalink)
Shas'El

I have 3 other friends who I play against, 2 of them are SMs :, and one ork player. I only ever get to play against one of them regularily and even then games are far between. Maybe 1 or 2 games every few months.
Old 22 Mar 2005, 05:49   #9 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

I have fought against a dozen SM armies and 1 Eldar army. Few if any have been repeats. None of my friends play so I just fight ppl at my local Hobby store and the nearest GW store.

Old 22 Mar 2005, 06:02   #10 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

Well right now till i get another car i get in a game about once a week. *I attend my local hobby stores (30 mins away) game night on Thursdays. *I am fairly new to the game and have about 900pts of Black Templars painted up. *We only have from 6pm till 9pm to play. *Right now we are in the middle of a campaign witch is pretty interesting. *I have not played all that much but if i have time after a campaign game i usually find someone to do a quick 500 or 600pt game with. *I have only got a chance to play 2 1v1's and won them both witch was nice. *But usually i get stuck with the partner who likes to put all their points in an ridiculously upgraded veteran squad witch makes us severely out numbered and we lose or our team gets unlucky and has all our tanks destroyed by spore mines in the first round :-\. *But i take what i can get, no one in my school that i know of plays w40k. *I did try and teach one of my friends but we cant ever really hang out that much and i don't have enough points to make it a worth while enough battle if i split what i have in half.
Closed Thread