Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Warhammer and Warhammer 40k connected
Old 08 Oct 2007, 17:06   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to trash-candle
Default Warhammer and Warhammer 40k connected

Well i have had this theory for quite a while now and i think now is the time to unleash it upon you (sorry if this has been posted before, if so it cant hurt for it to be brought up again)

Okay i think that warhammer and 40k may be connected for a number of reasons so i have listed them here...

The old World
Could it be true that the old world as it is described as in warhammer could be a planet of the 40k universe maybe it is surrounded by a warp storm much like the Tau Empire was or just to far from inhabited planets to be noticed

Primarchs
in the official GW fluff 20 Primarchs were created and all were scattered by the chaos powers.
But two are unknown some rumors have suggested that Sigmar may have been the 2nd or 11th Primarch and this is quite intresting because GW fluff says that many Primarchs came to rule their Home-World maybe this was the case with Sigmar (I don't really know much about sigmar so if anyone has any fluff that could further back up this idea please do tell)

The Chaos Gods
Does it not strike people as strange that the four ruinous powers are present both in WH and WH 40k? was it because GW wanted to be able to make daemons for both systems (Which is another good point same Daemons?) or was it because GW got lazy and decided to copy 40k fluff? or maybe its because they are of the same time period or universe.

Orks/Orcs
Now the same as the Chaos gods idea has been repeated with the Orcs who are also present in WH and WH 40k? the weapons are cruder but the Orks are very similar.
Maybe they are closely related or are Feral Orks and because no other race in Warhammer fantasy use bolter's or tanks they to have not picked up the ability to use guns.

Skaven
We all know (or should know) that Skaven are warped by the warp stone, I'll just repeat that word again- Warp so now we have proof that the Warp exists according to official Warhammer fantasy fluff

Elves, wood elves and Dark Elves
Its always been quite significant the similarities between Eldar and Elves maybe they are the original Eldar long before the fall and before the advanced weaponry and armour they have now and notice how Dark Elves can have Cults of Slaanesh showing how they seem to be drawn towards the god there counterparts created.

Humanity and a loose imperium
notice how humans are still present in both systems and the similarities beetween the Imperium and the Empire... well if we consider that Sigmar may have been a Primarch we can also assume he would have some traits that the Emperor does... like perhaps creating a highly organised force to lead Humanity.

What about the other races
You may be asking: What about the other races like Skaven, lizardmen, ogres and tomb kings: well the answers simple, if you have read some of the 40k novels you will know that races like the Mecharnids are only present on one planet and the races of warhammer fantasy like the Lizardmen maybe a race only present on this planet!

So there you have it... all my evidence now its your turn, if you agree disagree or know more fluff that could back up or destroy this theory just say!

Thanks,
-Trash-Candle

Quote:
players like to represent this act by replacing the model for Lion el'jonson with a bowling ball, and bowling it in a straight line directly towards cypher
trash-candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2007, 17:18   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Warhammer and Warhammer 40k connected

*Sighs* Too many times has this topic come up. Basically, GW did intend them to be the same initially, hence many of the similarities (Chaos Gods, Orks/Orcs, etc.) but later retconned them to not be so.

Other than that, here's a few things:

The Emperor is supposed to have been reunited with all of his lost sons. That rules out the Sigmar thing.

Orcs and Orks are not the same. They look similar, but their biology is completely different. For one thing, Orks reproduce through spores, Orcs do it through sex (thank you very much for forcing me to confront that horrifying image once again, by the way).

The nature of Chaos is a little different in the two systems. Also, if they are in the same universe, how come the Chaos gods don't send loads of daemons in to take over the world? After all, they're supposed to be able to hold their own against 40k armies, so a bunch of medieval yokels should pose no threat to them.

Skaven and "warping": warp is a very common word for "change", you know, especially in fantasy fiction. It just sounds nice and eldritch. I don't see any real connection here. The existence of warpstone doesn't mean that there is a warp dimension. After all, we have the word warp in our language but nobody thinks that it actually exists, do they?

By the way, WFB came first so if anything, 40k was the one doing the copying.

TO'TAU'VA T'GUE'HE TO'CYR'HE
Kasrkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2007, 17:25   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to trash-candle

wow, well this justs goes to prove how little i know about warhammer fantasy.

But still i did try :'(

Quote:
players like to represent this act by replacing the model for Lion el'jonson with a bowling ball, and bowling it in a straight line directly towards cypher
trash-candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2007, 19:25   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin
The Emperor is supposed to have been reunited with all of his lost sons. That rules out the Sigmar thing.
Yeah but the second and eleventh were expunged - perhaps they were never found - just a thought.

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig
Citizen of Ghetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2007, 19:33   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Siruk

Games workshop keep the background of these two completely unanswered so as to allow us to come up with our own theories, the sigmar being one of them is one of the more common theories.

Siruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2007, 20:09   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

Quote:
The nature of Chaos is a little different in the two systems. Also, if they are in the same universe, how come the Chaos gods don't send loads of daemons in to take over the world? After all, they're supposed to be able to hold their own against 40k armies, so a bunch of medieval yokels should pose no threat to them.
Not to mention there's 2 gaping gates into the realm of chaos that constantly spew forth demons.

I think alot of the other stuff still holds some water though, especially the Sigmar theory. Can't forget about the Old Ones and their existance in both worlds either.

I'm reasonably sure "The Warp" does exist in fantasy though, seeing as mages in fantasy see the winds of magic, as well as the above mentioned "gates".

In my opinion it would be reasonable for "The Old World" to be some remote, backwater planet that no-one cares about existing within the 40k universe.
Old 08 Oct 2007, 21:54   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to Monsieur Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarday
Quote:
Not to mention there's 2 gaping gates into the realm of chaos that constantly spew forth demons.

I think alot of the other stuff still holds some water though, especially the Sigmar theory. Can't forget about the Old Ones and their existance in both worlds either.

I'm reasonably sure "The Warp" does exist in fantasy though, seeing as mages in fantasy see the winds of magic, as well as the above mentioned "gates".

In my opinion it would be reasonable for "The Old World" to be some remote, backwater planet that no-one cares about existing within the 40k universe.
That's what I think. I have dabbled in Fantasy and know a little of the fluff... And while it is definitely impossible that Fantasy is on Earth in the past, I think the idea that it is a backwater planet which has not been charted makes quite a bit of sense.

Mentos=Win
Monsieur Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2007, 22:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

thinking in simple terms... the empire was the ancestor of the black templars icon wise (am i making sense?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jais
I need it! I need it! I need it! anton's vagina that is...
Quote:
"We're not just gonna shoot the bastards. We're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the threads of our tanks, we're going to murder those bastards by the bushes!!"
Savon Saal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Oct 2007, 23:29   #9 (permalink)
Ethereal

The best theory I have to connect them is that the Warhammer Fantasy world was an experiment by a surviving Old One, who collected members of the strongest powers and created a habitat for them on a planet hidden deep within an impenetrable warp storm, heavily saturated with Warp energy. Stripped of all technology and most of their history, the Old One or Old Ones wished to see how they would fare against each other through natural evolution.

It would have to be a surviving Old One, however, because in the current 40k timeline, the Old Ones died out eons before the birth of Slaanesh, yet both existed at approximately the same time in the Fantasy timeline.
khanaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 Oct 2007, 02:37   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Hoarday

There were definately multiple Old Ones involved in the creation of the Fantasy world, because all of the Lizardmen Gods are named for the Old Ones that made them. Is there anywhere that specifically mentions that all 4 of the chos gods were present when the gates broke? My knowledge on pre-Sigmar history is a bit spotty.

Which reminds me, upon further thought, Sigmar is unlikely to have been a Primarch because a) as far as I know, he didn't live for hundred upon hundreds of years and b) He actually IS a god that bestows power on his priests.