Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Apocalypse, are you left out?
Closed Thread
Old 07 Oct 2007, 14:38   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Apocalypse, are you left out?

I have a complaint. I know no-one likes them but here it is. The Black Templars don't get any legendary units! Sure they can use the SM ones (or any for that matter) but none fit into the fluff. You can use the Armoured spearhead but personaly I don't like it, everything else is based on chapters (which Black Templars don't have) and the two Tanks which Black Templars can't have; Whirlwinds and Vindicators. Just thought I'd complain, and I was wondering are there any other players that feel left out?
Old 07 Oct 2007, 14:42   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace
Default Re: Appocalypse, are you left out?

How about we just wait until we get our hands on the book and read it cover to cover before we decide that we're missing out.. hmm?

I mean inquisition are covered by whatever IG and SM get.. but for other armies - I'm sure there'll be more datasheets released over the Internet and through White Dwarf. As much as there is in the Apocalypse book, its hard to keep everyone happy...
Old 07 Oct 2007, 15:08   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by .mace
How about we just wait until we get our hands on the book and read it cover to cover before we decide that we're missing out.. hmm?
I agree with .mace.

Sure, the other races and chapters are getting loads of stuff, but hey, there's a chance that the Black Templars will get something too!

Old 07 Oct 2007, 17:10   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Sorry, but this just ticks me off.

"Every other of the 999 space marine armies get something special, but I don't!" How do you think the Tau feel? We get kroot, and groups of tanks. Thats it. Nothing new.
Old 07 Oct 2007, 17:11   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to icer190

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name
I have a complaint. I know no-one likes them but here it is. The Black Templars don't get any legendary units! Sure they can use the SM ones (or any for that matter) but none fit into the fluff. You can use the Armoured spearhead but personaly I don't like it, everything else is based on chapters (which Black Templars don't have) and the two Tanks which Black Templars can't have; Whirlwinds and Vindicators. Just thought I'd complain, and I was wondering are there any other players that feel left out?
You, sir, are insane, and clearly wrong. Read the back of the book, there are several Crusades listed. In them are something like 10 Whirlwinds total.

And then there is the fact that we do have Vindicators, they are even listed as a unit we can take in our codex! They are a short ranged siege device, not long ranged.

The Templar are a Crusading Chapter, and we can have those things.
Old 07 Oct 2007, 18:22   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Vash113 Send a message via Yahoo to Vash113

Besides with the removal of so many restrictions in Apocalypse you could probably just ally whatever your chapter wouldn't normally have in smaller games. I know I'm taking a Baneblade and I don't have an IG army, it's just such a sweet tank!

I mean the Masters of the Chapter, new Vet models, Land Raider Spearhead and most of the other boxes being released for Apocalypse are still useful to the Black Templars. You can even use the new Vets as Sword Brethren or to add some character to Crusader squads if you wish.

There is really very little to complain about... except maybe the annoyance of moving so many models...

Old 07 Oct 2007, 20:13   #7 (permalink)
Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Name
Datasheets are not Chapter/Regiment/Legion/Warband specific? So why are you worrying? You can mix & match from all of the other races as-well. The Masters of the Chapter could be multiple Marshalls led by Helbrecht, or multiple Castellans led by a Marshall. Do yourself a favour, stop worrying and use your imagination, Apocalypse games are totally and utterly designed for games of fun and legend, not tactical slugging matches.

Plus, GW will be releasing further Datasheets via the Internet and WD.

Old 07 Oct 2007, 21:59   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Siruk

And if you dont see anything to your liking, why not try and make some of your own house rules for the black templar.

If the people you play with agree you could try some out, ask on here for ideas, and then show us what you came up with in the finished article.

Old 07 Oct 2007, 23:45   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siruk
And if you dont see anything to your liking, why not try and make some of your own house rules for the black templar.
I see house rules as a very good idea here given most apocalypse games will be friendlies with your mates.
I have seen the most courageous soldiers fall away in fear.
[I was there with the Angel at the tomb]

I have seen your future.
And I have learned.

There will be no more Sadness. No more Anger. No more Envy.

I HAVE WON.
Oh, and your poet Eliot had it all wrong: THIS is the way the world ends. a friend of a friend (The First Cortana Letter) R.I.P KJ
Old 08 Oct 2007, 00:16   #10 (permalink)
Shas'El

I am excited for Apocalypse. I already have enough models for the Demon Gate, and Tide of Spawn Datafexs..Finally I get to use my large and glorious LatD army in all it's gribbly glory!
Originally Posted by The Strange Child
Sigged.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss,the abyss gazes also into you.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Closed Thread