Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Close combat rules question
Old 01 Oct 2007, 05:17   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Close combat rules question

I have a close combat rules question. I even have a little picture of the setup.

If one side (red) has two people engaged in combat (1 in base to base) and the other side (green) has 3 engaged (1 in base to base combat. What happens if the green side killed all the engaged models and the red side passed their moral check.

1. Are they no longer in close combat since there are no engaged models?

or

2. Do the green/red guys pile in 6", if they do pile in who gets to pile in, everyone or just the ones that where not engaged in that turn of fighting?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg rule_question.jpg (14.9 KB, 19 views)
Swordwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2007, 05:36   #2 (permalink)
Shas'El

Send a message via AIM to Grandpa Ducky Send a message via Yahoo to Grandpa Ducky
Default Re: Close combat rules question

As far as I know (and from a game I played against some pesky beakies) both the reds and greens are still engaged and both units must try to move into the fray.

A while back in a game I played against this one Space Marine player at the local GW...
These blankity-blank Assault Marines whipped around my flank and the whole two that made it around assaulted the rear of my largest mob of Boyz. I was about 8 inches from his main line and was going to get into close combat with his Devastator squad that turn. I was seconds away from winning before those Assault Marines yanked my tail. By the time they were dead I had been forced to pile in backwards into the middle of the field. Lacking cover and the required turns to make it to his line again, I lost the game.

Hope that helped,

-Grandpa Ducky

Grandpa Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2007, 05:38   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to Damian_Alpha

1.) Yes, they are stil in combat.

2.) EVERYONE who is not in base contact/combat range at the END of combat must pile in, starting with the attacker, and then any of the defending models not in range.
"I have exactly one-hundred men under my command counting on ME to lead that charge, you two-bit mechanic. I have five seige tanks, eight APC's, an artillery platform and a light mech that need resupply and repair by dusk. I need remote mines set, trenches dug, and my men fed and rested, or those Marines are going to be using us for toothpicks. Get it done, Fio'vre." Officer Sherwin Jackson, 13th Dal'yth Company, to Fio'vre D'nan

"Feed well, my Bretheren. You are what you eat, and we have devoured the mighty." Master Shaper Korl Muur
Damian_Alpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2007, 17:34   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

After the combat is done, the red side, which lost combat, will make a moral test. If they pass, then the two sides will consolidate into each other. If they fail then the reds will fall back, and the greens will not be able to pursue because the reds have no models left inside 2". If the combat wipes out every model so that no model is within 6" of an enemy model then the combat is over and neither side checks morale.
Old 01 Oct 2007, 17:46   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

1. Yes

2. Yes they pile in, starting with the side whose turn it is, then the other side piles in. It is not the attacker.

For more webcomics like this please visit my website.

http://www.tristanworld.com

or my deviant art account.
Omeganus is offline   Reply With Quote