Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

I'm not bad... i'm just unlucky!
Old 27 Sep 2007, 17:32   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to trash-candle
Default I'm not bad... i'm just unlucky!

Well as you may know i have been playing 40k for a few years now. and i have begun to notice what an unlucky guy i was when i played space marines (Ugh Loyalists *Shudder*) that i was really unlucky!
for example me and 'Citizen of Ghetia' have had loads of games and in one i was using my Black Templars and i rolled a 1 with my plasma gun (failed armor test) so the marine died, i decided that this could not possably happen again, so i tried with my other plasma weilding dude... low and behold he died to.
another famous example is when i was using my Vostroyan and my whole command squad were killed by 1 company master due to very unlucky dice rules (he was a heroic senior officer for pete sake!!!)

anyone else had experiances like this!

Quote:
players like to represent this act by replacing the model for Lion el'jonson with a bowling ball, and bowling it in a straight line directly towards cypher
trash-candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2007, 17:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Re: I'm not bad... i'm just unlucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trash-candle
Well as you may know i have been playing 40k for a few years now. and i have begun to notice what an unlucky guy i was when i played space marines (Ugh Loyalists *Shudder*) that i was really unlucky!
for example me and 'Citizen of Ghetia' have had loads of games and in one i was using my Black Templars and i rolled a 1 with my plasma gun (failed armor test) so the marine died, i decided that this could not possably happen again, so i tried with my other plasma weilding dude... low and behold he died to.
another famous example is when i was using my Vostroyan and my whole command squad were killed by 1 company master due to very unlucky dice rules (he was a heroic senior officer for pete sake!!!)

Ahhh.. good times ;D

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig
Citizen of Ghetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2007, 17:51   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to trash-candle

oh yeah for you maybe, No those battles were fun (Imperium v Imperium) but now im a chaos lad!

Quote:
players like to represent this act by replacing the model for Lion el'jonson with a bowling ball, and bowling it in a straight line directly towards cypher
trash-candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2007, 18:00   #4 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

You think thats bad luck? Try losing first turn, without fail, every week for about a hundred weeks.

Or having a railhead, that even when marked, can not do anything to even a grot, for 70odd weeks in a row. (Now left in the box )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2007, 18:21   #5 (permalink)
Ethereal

Bad luck? Try this.

My entire vehicle force in my mech tau went down like flies in one turn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emlyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT
They're an insane bunch of reptiles...
I wasn't asking about the moderating staff.
crisis_vyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2007, 19:31   #6 (permalink)
Shas'La

Location: That place where, stereotypically, we all drink tea and wear top hats.

The only real bad luck I've had so far was when my devilfish was first immobilised, then destroyed. And it didn't do a single thing that match.
92% of forum users have signatures which explain how they are part of an 8% minority. If you are part of the 8% that don't, copy and paste this into your signature, and duck when the paradoxial nature of this action causes a rip in the space-time continuum.

Quote:
+++Your avatar is my worst nightmare.+++
Sven the Kaiser of Krieg, On my avatar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargamer
The Orkoid understanding of Force Field technology is staggering. The Imperium is a long way behind, and the Tau are, by comparisson, jumping up and down screaming "Witch! Witch!".
Askaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2007, 19:34   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Two one's has a 1/36 chance of happening, and getting another one after a one is only a 1/6 chance. Bound to happen sometime.

That said, a hammerhead missing every game for two years is very bad luck.
GeekyGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2007, 19:40   #8 (permalink)
Ethereal

Send a message via MSN to ForbiddenKnowledge

It missed around 60% of the time, even when marked, and failed to damage (excepting Rhino's) the rest of the time.

Then again, my club members regard me as cursed, whose ever side I watch a game from always loses, and rolls well over the odds on 1's and 2's.

Just the other day, I popped over to watch a game, Assault marines fighting some cron warriors in CC. Out of 15 hits, there were 3 wounds, all saved, the Assault marines then legged it and died...

People don't like me watching from their side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.
Rafe is damn sexy once he gets into his night attire.
ForbiddenKnowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2007, 20:31   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by trash-candle

Storm troopers, two plasma rifles and a plasma pistol(I like dead marines :)

First round of shooting them, all three die.
Avor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Sep 2007, 21:41   #10 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Yeah I had Mesphiston charge a singe Joe trooper. Got and extra 3 attacks from his powers 9 attacks total. Needed threes to hit, and 2's to wound against a single wound model with out an Inv save. Joe trooper lived. The sad part was it was bottom of tun 6 and I lost by the amount of points that trooper would have given me for wiping out the whole squad.

Its all averages. I also had him wipe out a Chaplin, Complany Master, and 8 man Command Squad in three cycles of close combat without taking a wound.
JBunny is offline   Reply With Quote