Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Which Zenos?
Old 26 Sep 2007, 19:01   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default Which Zenos?

I'm starting a new army in time for Apocalypse. It was originally going to be Guard, but I've changed my mind. I currently have a Dark Angels Second Founding chapter (sons of caliban) and I'm wondering which army everyone thinks I should go for?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig
Citizen of Ghetia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2007, 19:13   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: Which Zenos?

For picking marines you have some serous soul searching to do, for picking anything to do with the Dork Angels you need to serously re-examine your sexual orientation.

But that's just me.

You could try to atone for your crimes, I would recomend gaurd or repainting/rethemeing your marines.

Apocalypse is going to be very different so I'm not sure exactly what you should do. IG will be utterly massive and have a stupid amount of everything, while with other armies so big, shooty marines will be able to pack on hell of a concentraited punch.

Also consider Demon/Witch hunters, they mix with both armies, add filler, and the assassins alone will be worth it.
Avor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2007, 19:18   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

I was gonna go 'alien' this time, as all my previous attempts at armies have been Imperium-orientated

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your sig
Old 26 Sep 2007, 19:21   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

It's hard to say then, most alien armies are a good pick if you have something particual in mind, especial now with Apocalypse.

But what do you want? CC or range, horde or Elite.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 19:24   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Since Apocalypse includes such large battles, it wouldn't be a bad idea to use the armies you already own and just expand upon them. Of course, that can get very boring and monotonous, so I understand the decision to try a new race.

Imperial Guard get a lot of new toys for Apocalypse, but may also be a bit over-played.

If you want an alien army (or Chaos) then it's really up to you. What army do you really like the look of. Which one looks fun to play with, put together, paint, and otherwise stare at for hours on end?

The two armies I play, Tyranids and Eldar, both get some very nice Apocalypse rules, and both have access to Titans. Tyranids would be a very expensive army, because you'd need loads of models, while Eldar would probally be the opposite end of the spectrum, having about as many units in a huge Apoc battle as a swarm army might have in a normal battle.

P.S. It's 'Xenos', not 'Zenos'.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2007, 19:26   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avor

I like ranged, elite

Old 26 Sep 2007, 19:30   #7 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen of Ghetia
Quote:

I like ranged, elite
Well, while any race can play any playstyle (althought some they will not play as well in, or just suck), a ranged and/or elite army narrows it down to Eldar, Dark Eldar, and Tau.

I can't give much info on the Dark Eldar or Tau. :-\
Old 26 Sep 2007, 19:32   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droids_Rule

Well, while any race can play any playstyle (althought some they will not play as well in, or just suck), a ranged and/or elite army narrows it down to Eldar, Dark Eldar, and Tau.

I can't give much info on the Dark Eldar or Tau. :-\
I like them all, though!
I'm seriously tempted by another Space Marines army. And by the way, are you British?

Old 26 Sep 2007, 19:34   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen of Ghetia
Quote:

I like ranged, elite

Tau, there you go.

With the new rules you can toss your force organization chart out the window, that means the tau can take countless hammerheads, broadsides, and sniper drone temas.

Your army with smell like cheese, but it's small(mostly hight point heavy choices), and pack a retardly cheesey amount of fire power(not to much can take that kind of fire, not even baneblades)

Who needs a soul when you can have tau :P
Old 26 Sep 2007, 19:37   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Like them all? That makes it a bit harder to decide. You could collect them all, one one at a time...

More Space Marines sounds good as well. You don't have to stray from 'Imperial' armies just because all of your others are allies of them. If you like the Imperium then go for it! Every Space Marine chapter has it's own feel, heck, you could even use vanilla marines and create your own chapter.

And, no, I'm not British. Actually, I'm in Texas. ;D