Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

The Hive Fleets
Old 17 Sep 2007, 20:19   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Default The Hive Fleets

Take a look on this map: http://www.joachim-adomeit.de/wh40k/spacemap/map.html Notice something suspicious? Take a look on the initial route of the hivefleets. Where do they point? Yes exactly. Straight at the Tau Empire. Im not saying that this is about the tau, but the routes point towards it... Anyone care to enlighten me?If you dont know the "answer", then: COMMENCE THE DISCUSSION OF EPIC PROPORSIONS!!!Edit: stupid me, forgot a space....
executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 20:32   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via MSN to Siruk
Default Re: The Hive Fleets

I smells me GW's next big global campaign.

Siruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 20:58   #3 (permalink)
Shas'O

First off, the link doesn't work. No matter, almost any map of the galaxy that shows the Hive Fleets shows the same thing.

Yes, Hive Fleet Behemoth is coming in on the Eastern fringe of the galaxy. The Imperial Guard may be worried about Leviathan, but a quick flip through the history included in the Tau Empire Codex will show you that the Tau are well aware of their predicament (Read: total annihilation) and are now turning their attention to the approaching menace. A global campaign based on this would be nice, but I'm just biased towards Tyranids being the center of attention.

This particular occurrence is actually the fluff behind all of the battles me and my friends play. We have a Space Marine chapter that had it's homeworld devoured, and which specializes in battling xenos; a Behemoth splinter fleet, Hive Fleet Mjolnir; Necrons, which can pretty much be anywhere without any need of in-depth explanation; Tau, who have their fledgling empire conveniently situated in that region of space; and Eldar, who, like Necrons, can be anywhere, anytime.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 21:02   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

It wont let me use enter, but you can use the link as i have fixed it...
executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 21:23   #5 (permalink)
Shas'El

Don`t take this special map overly serious - there are some mayor fubars tehre - Fenris should be nearer to the Eye, and Dolumar (which was featured int eh Firewarrior game) should be - near the Tau Empire, and not millions of lightyears away...
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 21:37   #6 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
Don`t take this special map overly serious - there are some mayor fubars tehre - Fenris should be nearer to the Eye, and Dolumar (which was featured int eh Firewarrior game) should be - near the Tau Empire, and not millions of lightyears away...
Regardless, it's a pretty good map. The most in-depth one I've seen yet.
Droids_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 21:46   #7 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yes, of course - it IS impressive. Sorry, I didnīt want to tear it down, I actually rathr like it, it`s just that not everything is where it should be...
Old 17 Sep 2007, 21:54   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar

The map is only false iff(not a typo) the information can be disproven because:
1) It goes against Cannon(GW-made...Codex level)
2) It goes against Cannon-adopted material(Forgeworld-made or a subsidiary of GW; IA)

As far as I know, those are the only set-in-stone ways that the map can be wrong. Just because someone makes a book(or in this case, a game) and labels it "Warhammer 40,000" doesn't make it fluff; it is firmly within the realm of fanfiction.

What I'm getting at is that here, "[Fanfiction; history; truth...] lies in the eye of the Beholder."

You may think DoW is a solid source, but the maker of the map may have believed it's hogwash, and everything not publicly endorsed by GW as absolutely true(what I'm told would encompass most of post-first edition) can't be relied upon to be true ;D
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 22:04   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

Of course, only, the Codex Space Wolves states that it IS near the Eye of Terror, and that the Tau would fight on a planet which is Nearly as far away from their Empire as Terra is highly unlikely, as well (and goes against everything we know about the Tau and their abilities to travel through space).

I don`t know bout the rest of the map, just noticed these two discrepancies - which directly GO against CANON fluff (from the Codices or other GW material).
Old 17 Sep 2007, 22:04   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via AIM to Gatler Send a message via MSN to Gatler

GW makes cannons, too?

Impressive map, but you'd think Wargamer told them where to put everything. Basically the Tau are screwed. :huh:

"Forgive you? Of course I forgive you. That is your god's function. Your crime is forgiven. However, your stupidity requires a response." - Leto Atreides II, God Emperor of Dune
Gatler is offline   Reply With Quote