Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Flyer Help
Old 14 Sep 2007, 02:17   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Send a message via AIM to Tralfagar Send a message via MSN to Tralfagar Send a message via Yahoo to Tralfagar
Default Flyer Help

I've heard that flyer rules would change with Apocalypse, but is that only for apocalypse games, or for all things(since they're not part of 40k; they're part of Forgerworld, which while related to GW is not the final word on rules).

And to clarify, it goes(on the opponents' turn):
He Moves
Flyer Moves
He Shoots
Flyer Shoots
He Assaults
Flyer gets out of there!

What I've heard it being is something similar:
Roll for reserves for flyer.
And on my turn, it functions normally, but leaves at the end of the turn.

I know the Remora's looking really good if the flyer rules are changing. Especially against those nasty Bassies.
Codex: Farsight Enclaves(me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyGator
The divide between what gets put up on an art gallery and what gets you thrown in jail is mostly dependent on the quality of the frame, even though both are just as good for fapping.
Tralfagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2007, 08:02   #2 (permalink)
Shas'La

Send a message via AIM to TimberwolfCY Send a message via MSN to TimberwolfCY Send a message via Yahoo to TimberwolfCY
Default Re: Flyer Help

Actually, I've been wondering myself, where are the flyer rules? I love the Remora model, and I love the idea of having a reliable weapon against Basilisks and the like, but I don't know anything of the flyer rules themselves, so I can't form any kind of judgement on them. I mean, does the model actually even get placed on the board? I would assume so, but like I said, I have no operating knowledge of flyers.
"They got ded big shooty gunz dat'll kill tons of boyz, but if yer can get near em den you've got a chance. Just gotta make sure you bring loads of boyz, coz you ain't gonna have a whole lot left when you get close enough to crump em." - Warloard Skarmork, The Great Despoiler
TimberwolfCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Sep 2007, 10:42   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

If your reffering to the forge world flyer rules then it is in the Imperial armour update book (I have 2005 version) But I don't know anything about Apocalypse or about any non forge world flyers :P
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:37   #4 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

for those who don't want to buy the FW book, Games workshop was polite enough to include a PDF of the rules in a blackgobbo article

from what i've read in the apocolypse rumor threads, the revised rules treat flyers more like skimmers, able to stay on the map as long as they end their move a certain distance from where they started. and they move and shoot during normal phases.

aircraft have always been a favorite thing of mine, and rules for them in 40K makes me tempted to try and scrathbuild one.
Pay no heed to what you once were. now you belong to us, and we will capitalize on the ignorance of our enemy.
mithril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2007, 16:42   #5 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Great! nice link there mithril, if I could I would give you Karma for that :P

I am definetly going to get plenty of flyers for my force! I think they are an excellent thing to have and can be extremely deadly if used well, I also want to be a pilot myself when I leave school ;D
Vendak is offline   Reply With Quote