Tau Empire Codex 2013 | Army Builder Program
Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Wasn't sure where to put this but general 40K seemed a good place.
Closed Thread
Old 08 Sep 2007, 18:37   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Wasn't sure where to put this but general 40K seemed a good place.

Basically, I think I will get on this reality show I've been promoting on this link.

[No. Quit spamming this, money prize or no.]

Well, since I think I'm going to get on, I will have to make good on my promises to hold a VASSAL tourney and give away prizes.

Of course the level of prizes will be determined by how much money I win, but even if I just get on the show(great odds BTW) and win nothing I still want to hold a tourney and maybe give away a battleforce, a box, and a couple of blisters to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd respectively.

Thus the purpose of this post is to get ideas for the tourney. What kind of format should it be? What points level? What special rules? SHould it be a campaign format? If so what kind? So on and so forth...

So basically I'm organizing a tourney/campaign on VASSAL and need you guys to help with the planning. ;D

Old 08 Sep 2007, 19:47   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to trash-candle
Default Re: Wasn't sure where to put this but general 40K seemed a good place.

I have rated the video loads of times now, 5 stars and to show my support even more i'm giving you....

MY 100TH POST!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Congratulations!!!! hope you win!!!!

PS: sorry to post twice! :

Quote:
players like to represent this act by replacing the model for Lion el'jonson with a bowling ball, and bowling it in a straight line directly towards cypher
Old 08 Sep 2007, 23:09   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

I was thinking the tourney would be a double elimination random draw kind of affair with prizes going to the top 3-5 places.

I was thinking that I would personally observe the matches in the event I win the $10 Mil(since I won't have to work) and that way I could judge peronally who is the best sport/nicest player.

For a special rule I was thinking the points value would be rolled randomly with the winner of the roll choosing between 1000, 1500, and 1850. Each player would make three such lists at the start of the tourney and if you win the points level roll off you can choose point value.

Thats what I have so far. But if there is significant interest I may make it a campagin with points systmes upgrades based on the one I'm playing over on LO. So I need to know what kind of tourney you guys would like to play.

Old 09 Sep 2007, 00:20   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

Quote:
Originally Posted by israfel420
I was thinking the tourney would be a double elimination random draw kind of affair with prizes going to the top 3-5 places.

I was thinking that I would personally observe the matches in the event I win the $10 Mil(since I won't have to work) and that way I could judge peronally who is the best sport/nicest player.

For a special rule I was thinking the points value would be rolled randomly with the winner of the roll choosing between 1000, 1500, and 1850. Each player would make three such lists at the start of the tourney and if you win the points level roll off you can choose point value.

Thats what I have so far. But if there is significant interest I may make it a campagin with points systmes upgrades based on the one I'm playing over on LO. So I need to know what kind of tourney you guys would like to play.
Multi-level points sounds like a fun idea.
Also, campaign Tourneys can be interesting, just make sure you can keep the paperwork down to a minimum so things can be sped up and easily verified with judges/whoever.

As for the points level, why not 1000, 1500, 1750? (I know 1850 is 'standard' tourney value, but it just seems a little odd with the other 2 is all.)

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Old 09 Sep 2007, 00:43   #5 (permalink)
Kroot Shaper

I voted for ya a couple times man and best of luck.
I like the idea of random point ranges and I also agree with Ravager Zero that it should be 1000, 1500, 1750, makes it easier to make 3 lists.
Old 09 Sep 2007, 00:50   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

I like 1750, it's what I've been playing for the last few months, it's what I see at most tournaments. How is the cut determined? By highest rating? Most viewed? Good luck with getting on the show!
Old 09 Sep 2007, 02:29   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

1750 it is, and I hear support for a campagin which suits me fine. ;D

As for how they pick the winner, they are judging it based on feedback, views, rating, and favorited. But since some people have hade theirs up for almost 3 weeks some have thousands of views. They will I assume take that into account and probably do some sort of views per hour thing. Also they will be judging which one they think is the "best" so all the other stuff may not be as important as just having judges like it.

Thanks for watchig it guys, I think you can view/rate it more than once but you have to wait for some time period before it actually counts it again.

So watch it every chance you think about it, it's only for a couple of days since the submission ends on the 10th and they will likely stop counting on the 15th. And again, you guys rock.
Old 09 Sep 2007, 09:07   #8 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to ShasVre_Koyaan_KiVak

Hmm... This may sound far-fetched but... with $10,000,000 you could pay for us all to go somewhere and hold a real tourney, not one over Vassal! ;D But that kinda is a bad idea... :-\

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot1kill
:sadnshocked:
Pedophile, bisexual, weirdo banana!
Old 09 Sep 2007, 09:33   #9 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Then the money goes to plane tickets and not prizes and my friends in other countries can't join in the fun.

Oh BTW read this

http://www.tubemogul.com/research/video_views_study.php

This means every view has to be from start to finish and also that you can do multiple views by watching it over and over again(shoulda made it shorter damn that last 4 minutes!!!)

But anyway if you have fiorefox open just turn the sound off and switch over every now and then and hit the play button.

Just 20 people viewing 5 times an how for 24 hours is 2400 views. And with all the forums I post in and am in the process of campaigning(not sleeping BTW). I may very well have over 5000 views in 2 days time.

So get ready to buckle down campers, I mean it when I say big prizes. Also, don't you want to know a famous millionaire personally. It's not like I'll be leaving tabletop gaming anytime in this lifetime :P
Old 09 Sep 2007, 12:51   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Good luck with the show!

Being your best friend in the whole wide world, you think I could have $1 million? What do you mean you don't know me? We met in Kindergarten! :shifty:
Closed Thread