Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

How would you classify a Loyal Heretical/Rogue Chapter that uses Chaos Rules
Old 08 Sep 2007, 05:12   #1 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default How would you classify a Loyal Heretical/Rogue Chapter that uses Chaos Rules

I have and idea for a Space Marine chapter that believes in "Loyalist Mutants". The Sons of Sorrow (my name for them) believe that not all mutants on chaos attacked worlds are loyal to chaos, that some are still loyal to the Emperor. Being called Heretical (naturally) they do not only recruit normal populace, but mutants to.

I decided the best way to make this army would to use the chaos codex. Exchanging "Daemon ----" equipment into "Mutant ----" equipment. So instead of "Daemon Armor" it becomes "Mutant Armor". Vehicle mutations are not allowed.

However would these be classified as Chaos Marines or Space marines, and also should I put the idea in the chaos forum or Space Marine forum?
Old 08 Sep 2007, 05:15   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: How would you classify a Loyal Heretical/Rogue Chapter that uses Chaos Rules

If they are recruiting, make them LaTD. If not, they're Chaos and put them in the forum.
Tau Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2007, 05:31   #3 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Default Re: How would you classify a Loyal Heretical/Rogue Chapter that uses Chaos Rules

Ok Im still kind on new to abreviations... LaTD means ?

Im thinking the "Lost and the Damned"

And yes they still recruit new soldiers, they listen in on distress comms, they go anywhere where the Imperium needs help and recruit the normal populace there, but they try to get to the planet first if it is under attack by chaos, to quickly gather up any loyal mutatants before they become subject to exterminatus.

Sadly this will sometimes (if not allways) put them against other Space Marine/Imperial Gaurds/Sisters of Battle that come to help the populace aswell. Since the recruitment of mutants is most definitely heretical.

They are willing to help other races as well, as long as they are not putting the Imperium in danger. They would help Eldar or Tau distress signals on thier homeworlds/battles with the enemy, but are steadfast enemies if either would attack an Imperium Planet.*

*Note: Subject to change if most posters believe this is to uncannon for a LaTD or Space Marine chapter.
Old 08 Sep 2007, 06:46   #4 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Sounds great,simple as that.
"Okay, my Commisar charges your Chosen squad, that squad of Marines there will open up on the squad of Cultists, my Predator will shoot your Rhino, and, oh yes, my Warlord Titan shoots in the general direction of your army and kills everything. Good game, man."
shaseltulku100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2007, 07:50   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to Ravager

I'd say use Chaos rules for them.
It gives you more freedom, and if they are how you described, they're close in ideals to some renegade marines. (not fully loyal to chaos, but not blindly worshipping the God-Emperor either.)

Plus, chaos rules give you far more fun units, and cool conversion opportunities. You'd also have access to Chaos vehicles, which you could justify as 'scavenged' equipment. And you don't have to use any units you don't want to either, as Chaos (after a brief look at the new 'dex) has no units you absolutely have to take, and you have plenty of choice for your compulsory units too.

A space marine list, I feel, would be too restrictive in the things you could actually take to make a 'fluffy' army for your renegades. (and remember, renegade =/= evil. )

We have done the impossible... and that makes us mighty.
Firefly is pretty much made of Awesome, Funny, and Aww. Sometimes simultaneously. We'd better stop before we quote the entire script.
–tvtropes.org
Ravager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 Sep 2007, 22:12   #6 (permalink)
Kroot Warrior

Chaos has a new codex? Wow... how long have I been out of it. Im planning on using Space marine models (showing that they haven't fallen to the warp, but giving some "asthetics" as well.

Im not sure if Chaos uses snipers, but if they do I was planning on putting greenstuff over the arm holding the gun and turning it into a tentacle wraping around the stock to steady it.