Dark Angels Codex 2013
Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

the bad things of apocalpyse are...???
Old 26 Aug 2007, 03:23   #1 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Default the bad things of apocalpyse are...???

apocalypse is about making everything on a bigger scale. honestly, it seems like they are doing 40k epic again, just with literally bigger models. think of it like this, the 40k games we play now are like an overhead view from the ceiling, epic is like an overhead from a low plane (for lack of another example). the 40k games we play now are like small skirmishes of a big battle, whereas the apocalypse games are going to be the whole battle.

but personally i liked the small games sometimes, i really enjoyed combat patrols. however, i have heard from a friend (who reads the forums on warseer or something alot) that the smallest games are going to be like the present biggest games. does anyone have any confirmation?

and what things are other people besides me not sure they like about apocalypse?

and one last thing...
right now, i dont need a big box for all my models (about 1300 points) but when apocalypse comes... yikes!

(\_/) this is bunny
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination
malay melee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2007, 03:54   #2 (permalink)
Shas'Vre

Default Re: the bad things of apocalpyse are...???

Why let it bother you? If you don't like freakin enormous battles then don't play Apocalypse. It's not like it's replacing Warhammer 40,000 or anything, it's a supplement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dra'Tuisich-Novae
D10s all the way. For honour! For glory! For non-repeating roll-probability percentages!
FOXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2007, 03:57   #3 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

i know in the end i'm going to like apocalypse, its just that i barely know the rules now, and now i have to re-learn new rules... :'(

(\_/) this is bunny
(0.o) please copy and paste this into your sig and
'(__)' help him achieve world domination
malay melee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2007, 04:13   #4 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by malay melee
i know in the end i'm going to like apocalypse, its just that i barely know the rules now, and now i have to re-learn new rules... :'(
Apparently the core mechanics are untouched.

Also, I'm with FOXX - Apocalypse is only going to be viable for 3,000+ point games, 2,000 as a minimum - it's not like an evil mandatory change.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2007, 05:32   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

3000 Points bare minimum so I've heard - apparently the system breaks down under 3000 points?

Apocalypse is about having lots of fun with ridiculous amounts of models. It won't change the main game, and won't even drastically change the core rules.

Frankly I don't see anything not to like about Apocalypse. And plus, you don't have to "re-learn" anything. Just learn the normal 40k Rules, then read over the small changes that Apocalypse makes to a few things like deployment and weapon strengths - aside from that, as above everything else stays the same.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 07:39   #6 (permalink)
Shas'Saal

Send a message via ICQ to KevFox2169 Send a message via AIM to KevFox2169 Send a message via MSN to KevFox2169 Send a message via Yahoo to KevFox2169

Hopefully Apoc will speed up the pace of a 3k and UP point game. Honestly, I love Warhammer, but a 5 hour game is rough especially when you have class the next morning. Maybe by grouping tanks in squads and such it quickens the pace making the game not drag on in higher points.

besides, Combat Patrols are just too cool to stop playing anyway. GW doesnt have the power to destroy such unbridled fun as 400pt and down games.
Old 26 Aug 2007, 09:23   #7 (permalink)
Shas'Ui

Send a message via MSN to ShasVre_Koyaan_KiVak

Well, Jervis said in White Dwarf that the games will take all day, and will have to be organized between friends, as you basically take whatever you want. For example, you can include Eldar, Tau, Chaos and Necrons in the same army!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shot1kill
:sadnshocked:
Pedophile, bisexual, weirdo banana!
ShasVre_Koyaan_KiVak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2007, 09:26   #8 (permalink)
Shas'O

Send a message via MSN to mace

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFox2169
Hopefully Apoc will speed up the pace of a 3k and UP point game. Honestly, I love Warhammer, but a 5 hour game is rough especially when you have class the next morning.
Well I heard a 10K point game only took 4 hours... but then I must mention - apparently the game-length is time-based, instead of x number of turns and the game is finished. You just agree on playing for x amount of time, and figure out who wins at the end (it's easy, being objective based, rather than have to calculate VPs).
Old 27 Aug 2007, 17:15   #9 (permalink)
Shas'El

in the september white dwarf edition jervis johnson says that a game could take all day!! i have found some cool stuff (Like a summary, somones "highly accurate guesses" on how it may run and stuff. ill post them up if you don't mind!)

this is somons guess from a copy they saw, (from Warseer i think)
They had a prerelease copy of the book at my store today and were running demo games. While everyone else was playing, i had the book to myself and wen through it cover to cover. I do not remember everything, but i got a lot of it stored away in my head, not i just need to drudge it back out....

[hr]

Removed - Sorry mate, it's already been posted here in our Rumours thread. - mace
Old 27 Aug 2007, 18:46   #10 (permalink)
Shas'O

Sorry warriorchris, but that's already been posted here.
AuinMyrrath is offline   Reply With Quote