Chaos Daemons Codex 2013
Chaos Space Marines Codex 2012

Warhammer 40k Forum Tau Online

Warhammer 40K Forum

Rules clarrifications
Old 24 Aug 2007, 19:52   #1 (permalink)
Shas'La

Default Rules clarrifications

Like i said this is for clarification only. E.g i need more opinions, i think i know the answers already. YES I HAVE A RULE BOOK! We all interperate things differently! This is for a friends benefit not my own! (i think he thinks I'm cheating cos i keep kickin' his ass)

Thanks in advance

OK....

If a unit moves and fires on a squad, intending to shoot and charge them. But wipes them out in the shooting phase, can they then charge another squad?

When taking a leadership test do you take the highest leadership from the squad? Or the majority? Eg a squad of 10 marines have leadership 8 but there vet serg has term honours and leadership 9.

Regarding fighting a multiple combat, does the losing army have to check morale for each squad separately, or as a whole? And if separately, if one pass and one fail, can the victors still sweeping advance the squad that failed, even though they're still "locked" with the squad that passed?

Thanks for your time chaps ???

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2007, 20:03   #2 (permalink)
Shas'O

Default Re: Rules clarrifications

I think it states you have to charge the unit you fired at.

To the second you test at the highest.

I don't waste my time in CC so I don't know the answer to the last question.

Seventh Sanctum signature oddities.
Alignment: Neutral Pessimistic
Area of Magical Study: Practical Chronomancy
Favorite Spells: Divine Spell of the Cotton Candy Golem and Field of Bacon.

Proud supporter of Joe Wood!

Makes this your one good deed a day.
http://www.thehungersite.com/
enderwiggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2007, 20:16   #3 (permalink)
Shas'El

Multiple units in close combat, each have to roll leadership. If at least one units holds their ground the others can't be run down in a sweeping advance, as the enemy is too busy still fighting.
scoutfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2007, 20:18   #4 (permalink)
Shas'El

Alright:

If a unit annihilates a target in the shooting phase, it can`t assault anything - since you can only charge the same unit you shot at, you can`t change your target if you "accidentally" destroyed said unit too early.

Leadership tests are taken at the highest Ld in the unit, otherwise, it would be (more or less ) useless assigning independent characters (or Vets, etc) to a unit.

Multiple CC: Every unit has to take the test, albeit at the same modifier. If one unit passes, the other one runs, the enemy CAN`T advance sweepingly, since it is still locked in combat (this is actually explained in the rulebook...).

Hope this helps...
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2007, 21:43   #5 (permalink)
Shas'O

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrBonesaw
Alright:

If a unit annihilates a target in the shooting phase, it can`t assault anything - since you can only charge the same unit you shot at, you can`t change your target if you "accidentally" destroyed said unit too early.

Leadership tests are taken at the highest Ld in the unit, otherwise, it would be (more or less ) useless assigning independent characters (or Vets, etc) to a unit.

Multiple CC: Every unit has to take the test, albeit at the same modifier. If one unit passes, the other one runs, the enemy CAN`T advance sweepingly, since it is still locked in combat (this is actually explained in the rulebook...).

Hope this helps...
Asked and answered, bud. It's not a competition. :
When all was finished, the battlefield was a smoking crater. UDC, Valoran, US Army, Tau, the Nazis, a random pirate ship, and a bunch of ninjas, all were enemies to the Vulture. All were turned into scrap metal. Or plastic. Depends which game system you play.
Tom Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2007, 21:58   #6 (permalink)
Shas'El

Yeah, but I we were posting simultaneously - and Im not someone to waste a good post

Besides, second opinions DO have some value, you know ;D
CmdrBonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2007, 23:05   #7 (permalink)
Shas'La

Cheers guys. Rules clarrified. I'm sure my next campaign will throw a load of new ones

bluenose is offline   Reply With Quote